Which color of pickups should I take-I want my guitar to look cool and special (I want to buy a dimarzio crunch lab and I'll change the singles covers). I wanted yellow but the crunch lab is availible only in black-yellow and not in pure yellow.

this is my guitar (mine is the same model and color-dark red cherry).

http://i245.photobucket.com/albums/gg69/gchomicz/Instruments/PICT0021.jpg

Also does any one have any ideas how to make it look cooler and more special without cutting, sawing, painting and staff like that (I have no tools nor the money)?
Last edited by kin0 at Mar 24, 2011,
Just fit in all black pickups and to embelish it without spending much, pick out a cool sticker.
Gear:
MXR Super Badass -->
BOSS SD WAZA -->
FENDER CD 140 SCE -->
MXR M300 REVERB -->
TC ELECTRONIC FLASHBACK
ESP EC 401 VF TSB -->
BOSS KATANA HEAD 100 WATT -->
MILF Tease
Stickers are the way to go, because they're easy, and you can take them off (most of the time) without damaging the finish.
Spin 'round carousel when your horse isn't screwed in.

My band:
Fractured Instinct
(For fans of Death/Groove/Prog Metal)

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X
I think the black and yellow'd look cool in that, TBH. o_o Or get an all-black pup then get another colored mid pickup(I'd honestly go yellow). You could get a pickguard too and, like, tape it on, they don't cost too much.
Quote by SlayingDragons
Nah, I prefer to tune lower. My tunings usually go into weird Hebrew symbols.
I can't put pickguard cause it's carved top. and do you know which side is yellow the regular or the blade?
Last edited by kin0 at Mar 24, 2011,
Quote by kin0
I can't put pickguard cause it's carved top. and do you know which side is yellow the regular or the blade?

Ohhh. D= And I'm pretty sure it's the blade that's yellow. It's whatever is closer to the neck generally, and IIRC that's where the blade goes.
Quote by SlayingDragons
Nah, I prefer to tune lower. My tunings usually go into weird Hebrew symbols.
Get a Yellow and black one, then another yellow, and another black! Checkers!!!!
-------------------------------------------
Gear:

Guitar(s): .Shecter Tempest EXTREMEEEEEE
--------------Maton CW-80

Amplification: Randall RG75 G3
Except for changing the bridge pup, I'd just keep it the way it is.
Quote by Boonnoo666
Another factor that has grown this myth is a bunch of opinionated guys who really don't know what they're talking about, which to be brutally honest is a bunch of you guys on here.
i want to add a pickguard, but it's a bit carved top (this model is based on the ibanez s) and I can't any flexible matireal for this project ( it's for the pickguard so I need some thing that I'll can change in the future)
Stickers seem like the way to go, honestly.
Normally I'd be opposed to stickering up a guitar, but it's your guitar.
Ceci n'est pas une signature.
could you tell me what looks the best?

or just regular black pups, knobs and switch?
Last edited by kin0 at Mar 25, 2011,
i actually like it the way it is in your first post I prefer that to the kisekae'd ones you have.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?