so i just recently got a used jackson dxmg with a jackson LFR. i cannot keep this thing in tune to save my life and it is very frustrating. i have to take the locks of the nut and tune it about every day. i tighten the locks as far as i can with out stripping them. idk if it has to do with the fact that i am very abusive with the bar doing divebombs and pull ups. after playing normally it will go out of tune after about ten minutes. iv asked people on UG before i got the guitar and they said one of the only good things about jackson LFR is that they hold tune pretty well. can someone telll me some way to help keep this thing in tune. PLEEEEEAAAAAASSSZZSSS!11!
Sounds like the knife edges are worn.
Put a bit of chapstick between the post and the trem to lubricate the knife edges.
Ceci n'est pas une signature.
Quote by PsiGuy60
Put a bit of chapstick between the post and the trem to lubricate the knife edges.

Try this out.
I had an X series rhoads with the same bridge before, an RX10D. and while it definitely wasn't the best bridge, it was pretty damn good for the price of the guitar, I didn't have much problems with it at all.
Setup, setup, setup. The most important part of getting a good experience out of your FR is to make sure that it is setup flawlessly.
Spin 'round carousel when your horse isn't screwed in.

My band:
Fractured Instinct
(For fans of Death/Groove/Prog Metal)

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X
I had a Schecter with a LFR and it wouldnt stay in tune so i brought it in and it turned out that i just needed new springs because the old ones were too stretched out..so that could possibly be your problem
Quote by PsiGuy60

this is my first FR and im a noob. so what exactly is a knife edge may i ask.
Do the chapstick thing mentioned up there^.

Also make sure that your springs are adjusted correctly. Even if they're just a little off, your guitar can go out of tune.

Quote by GiHad127
this is my first FR and im a noob. so what exactly is a knife edge may i ask.

The sharp edge where the trem meets the trem posts (the two large screws at the corner of the side of the bridge closest to the pickups.)
You can call me Aaron.

♠♣♥♦
Out on parole, any more instances of plum text and I get put back in...
Last edited by biga29 at Mar 24, 2011,