Hey, I'm relatively new to amps and I was wondering how can I get my Spider 3 to sound like the guitars in the album Rust in Peace by Megadeth. How can I get that crispiness?
you can start buy dropping your spider out of a 5th floor window and buying a new amp
My Gear:
BC Rich Gunslinger Retro Blade
Vintage V100 Paradise + SD Alnico Pro Slash APH-2's
1963 Burns Short Scale Jazz Guitar
Dean Performer Florentine
Bugera 6260
Orange Micro Terror + cab
Digitech Bad Monkey
Zoom G2G
You're new here, so likely you've no idea what you've just started by asking how to get good tone out of a Spider...

You might want to just delete this thread.
Do you feel warm within your cage?

And have you figured out yet -

Life goes by?
Quote by Hydra150
There's a dick on Earth, too
It's you
You'd want a lot of treble and roll off the bass and mids. Im pretty sure that your spider wont do you any good but you should find your own tone rather than copy other peoples!
Gear!
Jackson RR3 with EMGs!
B.C. Rich KKV
Yamaha F-310 Acoustic

Digitech Bad Monkey.

Peavey Valveking 112
Quote by RetroGunslinger
you can start buy dropping your spider out of a 5th floor window and buying a new amp

This is correct.

Another option would be to rig the Spider with C4, blowing it to bits, then buying a new amp.
Squier "VMC" Stratocaster
PRS SE Singlecut
tc electronic polytune
CMAT MODS Signa Drive
Blakemore Effects Deus Ex Machina
DIY gaussmarkov Dr. Boogey
EHX Small Clone
Mooer ShimVerb
DIY Beavis Devolt
T-REX Fuel Tank Chameleon
Ampeg GVT52-112
oh dear..
Quote by Wikipedia.org
These nouns are often used with a form of "to be" rather than "to have," e.g., "he is pwnage" rather than "he has pwnage". Either is a more emphatic way of expressing the simpler "he pwns,"
This is in the wrong forum.
It should be in GG&A, but I do believe they have a rule against "What Settings" threads.

So this thread should've never existed.
..I was watching my death.
so much bandwagon hate, no they arent great amps but they are fine practice or starter amps.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=81BIrgmnVbE

OP keep the gain low. the easiest way of working out how much you need is to turn it all the way down and slowly turn it up whilst palm muting and stop when it thickens/chugs. that should be about noon. other than that, dont go overboard on the treble. dont dime anything.

edit: oh and before someone kicks off im not saying that video has good tones im just using as an example that you can can get things other than white noise
I Am Hated
7 String Legion

Ibanez RG1527 prestige (BKP Aftermath)
Ibanez MTM2 black (rockmonkey SoB)
Ibanez MTM2 white (Blackout AHB-3)
Squier "custom" strat (Hot Slag)
Ashdown Fallen Angel 40w 112
Pitchblack
TS-9
NS-2
MXR 10 band eq
Last edited by 2841981 at Mar 24, 2011,
Quote by mtshark
Who was the girl that was shown for a split second at 1:42???

Justin Bieber.

No, i'm not kidding. Pause the video and see for yourself.
Squier "VMC" Stratocaster
PRS SE Singlecut
tc electronic polytune
CMAT MODS Signa Drive
Blakemore Effects Deus Ex Machina
DIY gaussmarkov Dr. Boogey
EHX Small Clone
Mooer ShimVerb
DIY Beavis Devolt
T-REX Fuel Tank Chameleon
Ampeg GVT52-112
this kind of question needs to go in the settings thread in the guitar gear and accessories forum. because it has nothing at all to do with building or customizing. so go to GG&A, but..

DO NOT MAKE ANOTHER THREAD THERE.

you need to post in the ultimate thread. or just read the first couple posts of it, since i know there are megadeth settings already.