Page 1 of 2
I want to know the real difference between this two amps, for 200$ of difference .. seems to be the same specs .. ??
6505+ has a second eq, and marginally better cleans
ProTone Pedals: Attack Overdrive
Fractal Audio: AxeFX 2
Engl: Fireball 60
Zilla: Fatboy 2x12
Carvin: DC700
Carvin: Vader 7
Schecter: KM-7 MKii
Schecter: Banshee 8 Passive
Jackson: DK2M
Quote by player o slayer
+ stands for extra preamp tube correct? 6 instead of 5?

Yeeee. 5 instead of 4 though, i thought

*edit*

my bad, it is 6
ProTone Pedals: Attack Overdrive
Fractal Audio: AxeFX 2
Engl: Fireball 60
Zilla: Fatboy 2x12
Carvin: DC700
Carvin: Vader 7
Schecter: KM-7 MKii
Schecter: Banshee 8 Passive
Jackson: DK2M
Last edited by pigeonmafia at Mar 24, 2011,
Quote by Seanthesheep
i know the + versions have 6 preamp tubes, so the normal 6505 must have 5

Correct.
@ Wicked001 - No offense, but why is this always always mentioned in 6505 threads? I find the cleans usable, and pretty much all genres require cleans at some point. Granted, it doesn't sound like a Fender, but it doesn't sound like a practice amp either. A little bit of EQing and maybe using the neck pickup and the 6505 sounds decent on the clean channel.

Maybe I'm just not picky enough...
Quote by KailM
@ Wicked001 - No offense, but why is this always always mentioned in 6505 threads? I find the cleans usable, and pretty much all genres require cleans at some point. Granted, it doesn't sound like a Fender, but it doesn't sound like a practice amp either. A little bit of EQing and maybe using the neck pickup and the 6505 sounds decent on the clean channel.

Maybe I'm just not picky enough...

it does cleans, but i think what he's saying is you can get better cleans from other amps in the price range.

I've always been underwhelmed by 6505 cleans. luckily i never play clean, so it's not really a problem
Guitars:
LTD Alexi-600 White & Black
LTD Alexi-200 Black(Death Adder pickup & Gold OFR)
Agile Interceptor Pro 727 7-string
Jackson JS30RR rhoads
Jackson DKMGT
Squire telecaster

amps:
Bugera 6262 212 loaded with WGS veteran 30's
Quote by Gundamnitpete
it does cleans, but i think what he's saying is you can get better cleans from other amps in the price range.

I've always been underwhelmed by 6505 cleans. luckily i never play clean, so it's not really a problem

If you need the cleans and you gig - just get a line switcher and a decent SS amp or a Fender. I mean, sure it'll be a lot of money, but for the same price as a used 6505 you can't really get a good hi-gain head.
No. The cleans suck, plain and simple. I just had a brand new 6505+ head and the cleans pale in everyway to my new 2010 dual rec
Quote by wick001
No. The cleans suck, plain and simple. I just had a brand new 6505+ head and the cleans pale in everyway to my new 2010 dual rec

The Dual Rec is also what, $600 more? For an extra $600 I'd sure as hell hope the cleans would be better.
Mah Gear:
Ibanez RGR420EX
Peavey 6505+ 112 Combo
Yamaha F-310
Kustom Arrow 16DFX
can we sticky something along these lines? Maybe a link to the ultimatemetal recto/6505 explanation thread
Guitars
Amps
Quote by RDX1138
The Dual Rec is also what, $600 more? For an extra $600 I'd sure as hell hope the cleans would be better.

Even a Valveking has better cleans than a 6505. Thats 400 greens less?
The no of amps that cost as much as a 6505 and have better cleans is near endless.

But I doubt too many amps can match that dist channel
Quote by GS LEAD 5
The no of amps that cost as much as a 6505 and have better cleans is near endless.

Well yea - and really. I've heard some pretty nice cleans out of these amps before. Not crystal clear, but thick mildly broken up cleans. Its all preference.
Quote by GS LEAD 5

The bugera 6262 would like to have a word with you
Gear
Bugera 6262 Head
Harley Benton G212 Vintage
Ibanez RGA 121 Prestige
ESP LTD DJ600
Fender USA Stratecaster
Maxon O808
TC Electronic Flashback Delay
ISP Decimator
MXR 10 Band EQ
Boss T-U3 Tuner Pedal
cleans are good with my coil tap, but they are no fender. this amp has a lot of haters, and a lot of defenders. it really depends on whos on at the moment. yea it has an extra preamp and no low gain input, and it has less gain, but you really dont need it. lately ive been runnin gain on 4 with a boost, and thats heavy as hell, it can do august burns red stuff easy(for example). less gain can equal more clarity. also the second eq is a great thing to have!
Splawn Street Rod
H&K Tubemeister 5
Line 6 G90 System

Gibson SG Standard
Godin Radiator
Dillion 653 GA/3CT
Seagull Coastline s6
New Music on Spotify
Quote by GS LEAD 5
Thats a 6505 copy, so it dont count

6505 is waay better than 6262. If you put the both together and compare them you'll see the 500$ difference in NO time.
6505 better dist., 6505+ more versatile with better cleans.
And please 6505 are metal amps so I don't see why you would need a dry clean sound
put some freaking chorus, flange or whatever you have and smoke that clean into blasting sound.
Cheers 6505 rule.!
"Rise and rise again until lambs become lions!"
Quote by Kalo Hanaka
No, you shouldn't pour beer on your guitar.
well i use mine as a hard rock amp(and metal of course) but there are times when i need a clean channel for a bridge or something haha
Splawn Street Rod
H&K Tubemeister 5
Line 6 G90 System

Gibson SG Standard
Godin Radiator
Dillion 653 GA/3CT
Seagull Coastline s6
New Music on Spotify
Quote by msoban
6505 is waay better than 6262. If you put the both together and compare them you'll see the 500$ difference in NO time.
6505 better dist., 6505+ more versatile with better cleans.
And please 6505 are metal amps so I don't see why you would need a dry clean sound
put some freaking chorus, flange or whatever you have and smoke that clean into blasting sound.
Cheers 6505 rule.!

Have you even heard either? This is probably the noobiest post I have ever seen.
The 6262 has far better cleans than the 6505, and actually sounds slightly bassier.

/stupid, dumb, retarded fanboys
Christ I just opened a can of worms, sorry. Just noting my opinion!
Gear
Bugera 6262 Head
Harley Benton G212 Vintage
Ibanez RGA 121 Prestige
ESP LTD DJ600
Fender USA Stratecaster
Maxon O808
TC Electronic Flashback Delay
ISP Decimator
MXR 10 Band EQ
Boss T-U3 Tuner Pedal
Quote by wick001
if you play anything that needs cleans, forget the 6505's

I have an old 5150 (same as 6505) and it does cleans just fine. Theres this cool knob people often forget about, it says Pre Gain on it. Ya just turn it counter-clockwise a little bit. Theres also a crunch button you press to turn it off.

And then, if thats not enough, you can replace that channels tube with a tube that has less gain, like a 12au7.
Quote by GS LEAD 5
Have you even heard either? This is probably the noobiest post I have ever seen.
The 6262 has far better cleans than the 6505, and actually sounds slightly bassier.

talked about distortion.. Have you heard? I did. Bugera obviously have better cleans but you can fix that on 6505 with proper EQ + some effects. Dry clean is just lol.

Even if we argue we have Bugera fans and Peavey fans and no-one wins that's how it seems. Just delivering my thoughts cause I've tried them both and yes - 333XL too!!
Quote by Kalo Hanaka
Last edited by msoban at Mar 25, 2011,
Quote by msoban
talked about distortion.. Have you heard? I did. Bugera obviously have better cleans but you can fix that on 6505 with proper EQ + some effects. Dry clean is just lol.

Even if we argue we have Bugera fans and Peavey fans and no-one wins that's how it seems. Just delivering my thoughts cause I've tried them both and yes - 333XL too!!

Ahhem. No matter how hard you EQ a 6505, or no stick pedals in a loop, its clean will NEVER be anywhere enar as clear or lush as say a XXX.

The Bugera does cleans better out of the box.
More pedals=more cash=more tap dancing.

Its one thing to add stuff to a cheap amp to make it sound like a more expensive amp.
Adding stuff to an amp to make it sound like a cheaper amp is just LOL.

@TS- the only advantage the 6505 has over the Bugera is better reliability and after sales service. Purely on tone, IMHO the Bugera wins.
Now for the warranties and fire extinguishers....
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WANdT1WEDGk
his clean sounds just fine, even better with his effects.

The fact is 6505 weak are cleans. You can dial cleans just fine, I have emgs and on neck it's nice, bridge it gets crunch!
Both amps are mindblowing, really but please don't make this shitty response ever again this is old thread 6505 > 6262
Put them in SAME room COMPARE them and you'll see the difference, and please don't watch youtube comparisons.

About pedals everyone needs them to complete the his setup.
Standard is NS, OD808/ TS these craps for boost, multi-effect pedal if you don't have so many cash or pedals to make your tone good and versatile and at last ground control switcher. You can't play every shit just with amp and guitar or your ears are deaf. It makes your tone better.

For reliability I don't know cause I haven't own it for a long time. There are many complaints about it yes, but that could happen to any amp I think - shit just brokes. The most common is with that plastic burning to cut the source for tubes.
If anyone wants a good deal go to thomann.de or musicstore.de I think it has 3years warranty + all that crap
Quote by Kalo Hanaka
i, for one, own the least quality build of the line [the 112 6505+ combo] and even still i LOVE the cleans. they aren't fendery, but i don't want fendery. I want nice, thick, dirty cleans, which is exactly what you can get here.

next time somebody says the cleans suck, that means the cleans suck for THEM. your ears are your ears, don't find your tone based on somebody else's.
~~~~~~
LTD EC-256 - AGED VINTAGE BLACK
Schecter C-1 Plus - BLACK CHERRY
Peavey 6505+ 112
BOSS NS2
DigiTech Bad Monkey OD
Maxon SD9

~~~~~~
Quote by msoban

The fact is 6505 weak are cleans. You can dial cleans just fine, I have emgs and on neck it's nice, bridge it gets crunch!
Both amps are mindblowing, really but please don't make this shitty response ever again this is old thread 6505 > 6262
Put them in SAME room COMPARE them and you'll see the difference, and please don't watch youtube comparisons.

Standard is NS, OD808/ TS these craps for boost, multi-effect pedal if you don't have so many cash or pedals to make your tone good and versatile and at last ground control switcher. You can't play every shit just with amp and guitar or your ears are deaf. It makes your tone better.

For reliability I don't know cause I haven't own it for a long time. There are many complaints about it yes, but that could happen to any amp I think - shit just brokes. The most common is with that plastic burning to cut the source for tubes.
If anyone wants a good deal go to thomann.de or musicstore.de I think it has 3years warranty + all that crap

Quit it with the massive walls of text. Its obvious youre determined to love the Peavey.
Quote by msoban

Ok, I get it... I have, bad, teeth!

But seriously, I just had a 6505+, I know how to EQ, the cleans suck, period. It's dry, has no life to the sound. Once you do get a decent, and I do mean a very limited passable clean, the crunch channel then becomes useless because of the EQing.

Look at the Randall RT series.
Just one thing for you : Try harder!

Randall RT wth this thing come up?
Quote by Kalo Hanaka
Quote by GS LEAD 5

Don't take this the wrong way, but you're rocking an MG but you act like you own both a 6505 and 6262. (Just from what I've been reading, nothing personal )

I recently sold my 6262 to move on to a 6505 (not +). As soon as I plugged into the 6505 there was a HUGE noticeable difference between the two lead channels.

6505 (Lead) - Thick, huge sounding distortion which sounds really pissed off and grunty.

6262 (Lead) - A lot smoother, a lot less pissed off, sounds slightly less "harmonical" (if that's even a word), also slightly less definition than the 6505.

I ran both of these through the same cab, pedals, guitars, room. I even sat on the same chair, in the same very position.

The 6505 also records far better.

The cleans is where the 6505 clearly loses points. Although they are easily usable for the average cleans. If you really want to get some clean ambient tones, just use pedals. I find the clean channel to be a really good base tone to add pedals too liven it up.

As far as everyone elses posts go, it's all opinionated. No need to get upset about an amp that clones the other fairly well but doesn't come close in some areas.

/rant

EDIT:

I forgot to add, my amp has yet to be bias modded.
ESP Horizon NT-II
Schecter Hellraiser C-1
Peavey 6505
Orange PPC412
Maxon OD808
ISP Decimator G-String
Boss TU3
Last edited by Mopy at Mar 27, 2011,
Quote by Mopy
Don't take this the wrong way, but you're rocking an MG but you act like you own both a 6505 and 6262. (Just from what I've been reading, nothing personal )

I recently sold my 6262 to move on to a 6505 (not +). As soon as I plugged into the 6505 there was a HUGE noticeable difference between the two lead channels.

6505 (Lead) - Thick, huge sounding distortion which sounds really pissed off and grunty.

6262 (Lead) - A lot smoother, a lot less pissed off, sounds slightly less "harmonical" (if that's even a word), also slightly less definition than the 6505.

I ran both of these through the same cab, pedals, guitars, room. I even sat on the same chair, in the same very position.

The 6505 also records far better.

The cleans is where the 6505 clearly loses points. Although they are easily usable for the average cleans. If you really want to get some clean ambient tones, just use pedals. I find the clean channel to be a really good base tone to add pedals too liven it up.

As far as everyone elses posts go, it's all opinionated. No need to get upset about an amp that clones the other fairly well but doesn't come close in some areas.

/rant

EDIT:

I forgot to add, my amp has yet to be bias modded.

I bought that MG when I was a noob who had never heard a proper amp. My sig DOES say "shut up"
It wont be fair to compare a regular 6505 to a 6262- the 6262 is a 6505+ copy.
6505=6260
6505+ = 6262
I own 6505
I had both amps but mailed 6262 back
all what you wrote is true
MG - FX series aren't bad at all Zakk uses them for practice
and look at Chappers http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=72xuDFravT0 ? lol
So I think I would say MG is okay
Quote by Kalo Hanaka
Quote by msoban
I own 6505
I had both amps but mailed 6262 back
all what you wrote is true
MG - FX series aren't bad at all Zakk uses them for practice
and look at Chappers http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=72xuDFravT0 ? lol
So I think I would say MG is okay

I'm willing to bet he's paid for it.
MG=
EDIT: Ive never gotten a tone anywhere near that on my MG.
Mind, its the older one, with the smaller logo.
Last edited by GS LEAD 5 at Mar 27, 2011,
yeah that is for sure )
Not every MG is good MG Chappers told so I pretty much believe that guy
Never owned one though so I won't stand for anything, I pretty much dislike Marshall. ( no offense)
Quote by Kalo Hanaka
Since no one's REALLY answered the TS's question:

The 5150/6505 has a much more raw gain structure. It's more aggressive and ballsy and is great for tight rhythms that punch you in the face. The clean channel isn't quite as good as the II/+, but it's certainly capable of getting a decent clean tone, even with the shared EQ.

The 5150 II/6505+ is smoother with a bit looser tone. This version is much more versatile, as you can footswitch between clean, crunch and lead, which effectively makes it a 3 channel amp. The cleans on this are a bit better, and a bit more warm. The lead channel on this is more suited for lead because of its smoother nature, though it can certainly do rhythms.

Both have a shit ton of gain, you'll never use it all. If you want a more versatile amp and are more of a lead player, go with the II/+, if you want a huge aggressive tone, go for the original.

Quote by wick001

Then you suck at EQing, plain and simple.

The 5150 II/6505+ is easily capable of getting cleans on par with a Recto, you just have to not have DiMarzio X2Ns in your guitar and set the mids to max with the gain up high.

It's really not that hard.
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com
Page 1 of 2