Hey guys, i am thinking of doing an essay on either the 80s or 90s, the essay will be mainly about music but i have to keep in mind the social and political aspects of the time as well. I was wondering if anyone had any good books or journals that they could recommend, i think i am going to heading to the library at my university and take a look, but if anyone can give me some pointers, i would appreciate it.
WHOMP

Think of that next time you are not allowed to laugh.
Watch the movie "Singles".
Squier "VMC" Stratocaster
PRS SE Singlecut
tc electronic polytune
CMAT MODS Signa Drive
Blakemore Effects Deus Ex Machina
DIY gaussmarkov Dr. Boogey
EHX Small Clone
Mooer ShimVerb
DIY Beavis Devolt
T-REX Fuel Tank Chameleon
Ampeg GVT52-112
Quote by CodChick

Seriously, I'm not a fan of iphones and guitars mixing.
watch all of frank zappas interviews then drop out of school, become an autodidact and grow some badass hair
ಠ_ಠ
<|>
/ω\

Tell me what nation on this earth, was not born of tragedy-Primordial
Have you tried Google?

And by that I mean Google Scholar.
R.I.P. M.C.A.
Tweet at me bro
lushacrous loves you
Quote by blake1221
Don't be ludicrous, lushacrous.
Quote by Gunpowder
that joke regarding your username was NOT originally posted by blake1221. That was a Gunpowder original.

I INVOKE SOPA TO SMITE YE FOR THIS FALSEHOOD.
Thanks guys, you have provided me a good start and some good sources, some of the books linked were pretty expensive, so i'll try to find them in a library or using some e-resources, but thanks for the help.
WHOMP

Thanks guys, i have looked at my universities library and i can't really find much, but i have found some things about the sociology of modern music, so that is going to be a fairly big theme with my essay.
WHOMP

Quote by Eggmond
watch all of frank zappas interviews then drop out of school, become an autodidact and grow some badass hair

I dunno why, but I lol'd hard.
Quote by slapsymcdougal
I'm cockblocked regularly by my appearance and personality.