So as many of you know, I've been making a couple of threads on new amps lately. An idea just hit me, but I need opinions because I wouldn't be able to get this anywhere but offline. I've been thinking about this a lot because I'm rather hesitant at pulling the trigger and spending $1k on guitar amps and accessories all at once, since I'm not currently in a band or anything.

I could get a 5150II for $600, and then wait to buy a cab for a couple of weeks.
The JCA amps sound pretty good, but are definitely lacking in the hi-gain department. I could buy a 20/50 depending on what I want (haven't even thought about looking used yet), and buy a Pro Tone Body Rot II pedal to bring the heavier gain.

Any experience with these pedals? Also I noticed ordering off of the JCA website you can get their amps modded. Whats the price/change on these?
I really dislike 5150/6505 tones, I just don't like them, I don't know why really.

I think the Jet City would work with a boost, no experience with the pedals though, sorry.