Hey guys. So I'm leaving for Germany tomorrow night ( ) and was looking for some last minute things to do while I'm there. I will be spending the vast majority of my time in and around Berlin (7 days).

I'm mainly looking for good guitar/amp shops that have cool stuff to try out (especially things we don't get in the States) or other music related locales. If you guys have anything non-music related that you think I should see that is also welcome.

I was also curious if anyone knows if Diezel, Engl or the Plek guys do tours of their facilities. Any and all input is greatly appreciated. Thanks!
Gear:
Fender Deluxe American Strat HSS
Fender American Standard Telecaster
Gibson Les Paul Traditional Pro
Schecter C-1 Hellraiser FR
Fender Acoustic

Marshall DSL100 Head
Marshall 1960B Cab
Blackstar HT-5 Combo
Vox AC4TV Combo
Don't mention the war.
████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
Raise your right arm when you say hello to them. It's considered polite.
sometimes I see us in a cymbal splash or in the sound of a car crash
go to the Pergamon museum, TV tower, and the Ramones museum.

There's also a great club in the big building near the Ramones museum.
if you can go to music store in koln(cologne). its the biggest in europe and its dirt cheap compared to the shops here. you could spend all day there and not get to see it all properly.plus koln is a beautiful city
ಠ_ಠ
<|>
/ω\

Tell me what nation on this earth, was not born of tragedy-Primordial
Quote by Colgate Total
Drink beer and eat sausage. Get some random German guy to autograph a bottle of Jager.

This.

AND try to pick up some german women. Seriously... you can be like "I'm a tourist, show me around..." and stuff like that.
Go to the Nurburgring and make a lap or 2, before it closes! It's a having a debt of about 400 billion euros because of 2 douchebags...
Even if you're not interested in motorsport racing you'll love that circuit.
Run towards the light exposing your soul.
Last edited by Marius_08 at Mar 24, 2011,
Quote by hugh20
Coreysmonster

you rang?

Quote by traceo
I'm mainly looking for good guitar/amp shops that have cool stuff to try out (especially things we don't get in the States) or other music related locales.

everything you can get in germany you can get in the states. literally. There are no amps or guitars made in europe that you can't get in the states. However, the music store in Berlin to go to is Just Music, address

Knaackstr. 97
10435 Berlin

If you guys have anything non-music related that you think I should see that is also welcome.

- the planetarium
- the gazillions of museums
- the jewish memorial

and something I recommend to every single person who visits berlin:

the art gallery Strychnin, address:

Boxhagener Straße 36
10245 Berlin

Of all of the art galleries I visited in Berlin, that one is by far my favorite. If you're a fan of strange, weird or even slightly morbid and disturbing art, visit this place. Last time I was there they had two paintings of Chet Zar there (the guy who does the make-up and a lot of designs for Tool's music videos)
And the best thing, it's free to enter!

I was also curious if anyone knows if Diezel, Engl or the Plek guys do tours of their facilities. Any and all input is greatly appreciated. Thanks!

None of those companies are located anywhere near berlin, and they probably won't. German people are a little anal.
Last edited by CoreysMonster at Mar 24, 2011,
Quote by Smokey Amp
Turn back.

Now.

EDIT: I wish I could remove my post now, so that Kensai's was first. His quip was way better than mine.

Edit > Physically Remove Message > Delete this Message
Quote by CoreysMonster
- the jewish memorial

Went to see that in the summer. Look out for security people before you start clambering over the pillars >_>
Last edited by blue_strat at Mar 24, 2011,
Quote by blue_strat
Edit > Physically Remove Message > Delete this Message

Nice. For a while, UG removed the ability to delete your posts. Didn't realise they'd allowed it again.
Proud owner of an Engl Thunder 50 Reverb and an Ibanez S470

"The end is extremely fucking nigh..."
oh, and one more thing:

Stay the hell out of the districts Marzahn and Neukölln. don't believe people who say Kreuzberg is horribly dangerous just because a bunch of immigrants live there, it's just as safe as all other Berlin districts... except Marzahn and Neukölln.
Quote by kaptink
go to the Pergamon museum, TV tower, and the Ramones museum.

There's also a great club in the big building near the Ramones museum.

F*ck my school for not taking us there on the trip!

I'm so going back to Berlin again now
Stand up and cheer if you like SimCity

Play Up Pompey, Pompey Play Up
THE WiLDHEARTS

Quote by goest
I'm going to take this opportunity to initiate my campaign to replace the phrase "Taking a shit" with "Busting a grumpy."
inb4 invade Poland.

Quote by Kensai
Don't mention the war.

Other than that, drink beer by the gallon litre
████████████
████████████
████████████

RNLAF

I Like Planes
Last edited by Gammas1 at Mar 24, 2011,
Quote by Kensai
Don't mention the war.

All that needs to be said, right here
Appreciating Metal since 1998

R.I.P - Ronnie James Dio

1942-2010
Quote by Korosu
Go to a soccer game. Germans love their soccer.

████████████
████████████
████████████

RNLAF

I Like Planes
Quote by CoreysMonster
oh, and one more thing:

Stay the hell out of the districts Marzahn and Neukölln. don't believe people who say Kreuzberg is horribly dangerous just because a bunch of immigrants live there, it's just as safe as all other Berlin districts... except Marzahn and Neukölln.

My uncle told me "Ohhh, I hate going through Kreuzberg," but I actually kind of liked it. I never went through those other two though.
Quote by thewho65
My uncle told me "Ohhh, I hate going through Kreuzberg," but I actually kind of liked it. I never went through those other two though.

I had to walk through Kreuzberg every morning and evening on my way to and back from work, my ex lived there and I actually spent probably 50% of my time in Berlin in Kreuzberg, and it's one of my favorite places in Berlin
Quote by Masamune
What's supposed to be bad about Kreuzberg?

well, there is a lot of drug use at a certain subway station (Kotbusser Tor), a lot of buildings look a bit run down from the outside (but are perfectly fine inside), but my opinion is that it gets a lot of bad press simply because of all of the middle-eastern immigrants that live there.
Thanks for all the quick replies. I'm gonna try to do as many of these things as possible (the ones that are physically possible and won't get me killed that is).
Gear:
Fender Deluxe American Strat HSS
Fender American Standard Telecaster
Gibson Les Paul Traditional Pro
Schecter C-1 Hellraiser FR
Fender Acoustic

Marshall DSL100 Head
Marshall 1960B Cab
Blackstar HT-5 Combo
Vox AC4TV Combo
There's a very big music store in Köln. Go there, if only to play some really nice guitars.

Also, soccer and not mentioning the war. Or any humiliating defeats, for that matter.
Ceci n'est pas une signature.
Quote by CoreysMonster
think about what you were saying about soccer.

Germans like it?
Quote by Korosu
Germans like it?

the guy you quoted was european. And you're talking about soccer.

soccer.

soccer.
Drink beer from one of those huge beer glasses they have. That would be the very first thing I'd do upon leaving the airport.
Quote by CoreysMonster
the guy you quoted was european. And you're talking about soccer.

soccer.

soccer.

Oh, gotcha. It's just kinda weird to me when Americans call it football or any derivative of football.