Thanks to everyone who made some great suggestion on my downsizing situation. I finally decided on a long lost amp that I traded away about 10 years ago. I got a Crate Vintage Club Series 50 watt 2x12 combo, blonde. I used to own one back in the 90's and played at least 500 gig's with it. It's heavy , but as soon as I plugged in I was rejuvenated! Great clean and smooth overdrive rich in harmonics. And the best part of it all was that I paid $250 and it's in mint condition! Rock on!
Congratulations! It's awesome to hear about deals like this and happy amp owners!
www.miraclemaxmusic.com

"Punk is not dead. Punk will only die when corporations can exploit and mass produce it."
Jello Biafra

(so is it dead?)
That was cool finding your old amp. I recently picked up a barely functioning Vintage Club 50 3x10 for $150 a couple months ago. It wasn't until this last weekend that I could finally could use it after pulling the circuit board and resoldering some bad solder joints on the clean volume pot and input jack. It sounds just like you described. I love it, but it sure is a big heavy sucker.