Page 1 of 2
Obviously they should be punished/locked-up to protect the rest of society. But do they deserve that? I mean, it was just a long chain of chemical reactions in their brain that made them do it. It's not fair...they don't have control over their brain chemistry.

Also, isn't everyone greedy? Everybody is truly interested only in making themselves happy. Sure, they may help others, but only because it makes themselves happy.

EDIT: I don't want it to sound like I support murder or anything...I do think they should be punished. But I do feel slightly bad for them.
Last edited by chillingmike at Mar 24, 2011,
Yes they do. /thread
Stand up and cheer if you like SimCity

Play Up Pompey, Pompey Play Up
THE WiLDHEARTS

Quote by goest
I'm going to take this opportunity to initiate my campaign to replace the phrase "Taking a shit" with "Busting a grumpy."
Last edited by SlipknotRule93 at Mar 24, 2011,
nah, let's just let everybody do what they want. it will all turn out ok in the end...
יהוה

[][]
/ \

Quote by sinisa

How about actually doing something rather than asking everyone here questions?
ITT: TS' mom gets murdered.
Stand up and cheer if you like SimCity

Play Up Pompey, Pompey Play Up
THE WiLDHEARTS

Quote by goest
I'm going to take this opportunity to initiate my campaign to replace the phrase "Taking a shit" with "Busting a grumpy."
Quote by sloppyjoe24
TS, someone murders your mom and you catch him. What would you like done to him?

Cut off his toes and then his fingers and then make him eat them.
Quote by chillingmike

So punishment is deserved isn't it?
Quote by chillingmike

You're telling me that's not punishment? I'd personally let him go because it was obviously just a series of chemical reactions in his brain. WHATAREYOUGONNADO?

Q#m
e|--6--|
B|--5--|
G|--7--|
D|--7--|x2586
A|--5--|
E|-----|

Play until she breaks up with you.

The most brutal band to ever exist is...

You should go like them...even if you don't like them.

-Sloppyjoe24
Murders are individuals not capable of functioning in society and are dangerous to other people, so they should be removed from it.
multicolour random messge!

FAC 13
"The hacienda must be rebuilt"
What is the punishment going to lead to? Give them care instead, as long as their prison sentence is for.
sometimes I see us in a cymbal splash or in the sound of a car crash
They deserve punishment. Preferably involving an S&W .44 Mag.
Quote by Boonnoo666
Another factor that has grown this myth is a bunch of opinionated guys who really don't know what they're talking about, which to be brutally honest is a bunch of you guys on here.
Last edited by Strat007 at Mar 24, 2011,
so you are saying that nobody has control about whatever they do, since its basicly a chain of chemical reactions in the brain? Then pretty much everything we do is meaningles, and anyone can just do whatever they want.
Joža je kul. On ma sirove z dodatki pa hambije.
Quote by sloppyjoe24
You're telling me that's not punishment? I'd personally let him go because it was obviously just a series of chemical reactions in his brain. WHATAREYOUGONNADO?

Your opinion is invalid because it was just caused by a series of chemical reactions in your brain.

Yes, I realize this is self-contradicting.
I mean, maybe, but the real question is, must we punish them?
i don't know why i feel so dry
Quote by gorkyporky
so you are saying that nobody has control about whatever they do, since its basicly a chain of chemical reactions in the brain? Then pretty much everything we do is meaningles, and anyone can just do whatever they want.
Pretty depressing, huh?
Quote by chillingmike
Obviously they should be punished/locked-up to protect the rest of society. But do they deserve that? I mean, it was just a long chain of chemical reactions in their brain that made them do it. It's not fair...they don't have control over their brain chemistry.

Also, isn't everyone greedy? Everybody is truly interested only in making themselves happy. Sure, they may help others, but only because it makes themselves happy.

EDIT: I don't want it to sound like I support murder or anything...I do think they should be punished. But I do feel slightly bad for them.

We don't put them in jail as punishment. We put them in jail because they are a danger to society. Obviously, jail ought to be a correctional facility which rehabilitates criminals, but that's sadly not the way jail works, and as a result, recidivism rates are very high.
Yes, because it makes the world a safer place.
Quote by guitarxo
I had a dream about your avatar once, so yes of course.

Quote by Bladez22

every time i see that twirling electrode avatar of yours I know that the post is worth reading or the link is worth clicking

Quote by chillingmike
Your opinion is invalid because it was just caused by a series of chemical reactions in your brain.

Yes, I realize this is self-contradicting.

My opinion always matters. Always.

Q#m
e|--6--|
B|--5--|
G|--7--|
D|--7--|x2586
A|--5--|
E|-----|

Play until she breaks up with you.

The most brutal band to ever exist is...

You should go like them...even if you don't like them.

-Sloppyjoe24
TS is a moron he wants people that make skin suits out of other people to just walk around because they are imbalanced.

great great logic.

molesters should be teachers too, HUH TS?
its not fair that imbalance in their brain makes them molest, they deserve any job they want!

tisk tisk TS.
VHT Special 6 ultra
TC HOF Reverb
Line 6 DL4
EHX OD Glove
Fender standard Tele
Ibanez Rga121
Taylor GA 214E
This guy was imprisoned for 10 000 years. He became even more crazy afterwards.

Quote by C3g6m4
All murderers should be put to death.

So, where would it end? Wouldn't you have to kill the people who kill the initial murderer?
Well, not necessarily. You know that eye for an eye saying... it's true but the cycles already began so the current justice system in place should suffice for the time being.
Quote by C3g6m4
Well, not necessarily. You know that eye for an eye saying... it's true but the cycles already began so the current justice system in place should suffice for the time being.

So, if I rape someone, I should be raped? And he who rapes me will be raped? Right?
Quote by Mudmen190
So, where would it end? Wouldn't you have to kill the people who kill the initial murderer?

I'm sure you could kill somebody in a really passive way i.e letting hungry lions loose in death row.
St. Mirren F.C
Champions of Renfrewshire Since 2006
SPL Survivors Since 2006
Hahaha. That's pretty sound logic but I don't actually think that can happen in reality, unfortunately. It does happen on a much larger scale, however, from what I've observed.
putting some one to death for killing some one is different then skining some one and eating them, or breaking into their house and raping and then shooting them to death.

putting killers to death for the state ≠ murder
VHT Special 6 ultra
TC HOF Reverb
Line 6 DL4
EHX OD Glove
Fender standard Tele
Ibanez Rga121
Taylor GA 214E
Quote by C3g6m4
All murderers should be put to death.

Rubbish. That only perpetuates the cycle, with worse results than prison systems. The system itself is not flawed but the execution [Pun not intended] is. Why kill people when you can attempt to fix the problem?
multicolour random messge!

FAC 13
"The hacienda must be rebuilt"
Quote by Metalmarathon
So punishment is deserved isn't it?

That doesn't mean punishment is deserved, it just means people are vengeful.

Quote by Karl Pilkington
Jellyfish are 97% water or something, so how much are they doing? Just give them another 3% and make them water. It's more useful."
Quote by Fiddelers elbow
Rubbish. That only perpetuates the cycle, with worse results than prison systems. The system itself is not flawed but the execution [Pun not intended] is. Why kill people when you can attempt to fix the problem?

Agreed. It can swing both ways you know? I'm sure it'll all sort itself out sooner or later if we don't end up blowing ourselves to smithereens by then.
if I would have my own jail, i would say eye for and eye.
You killed someone with a knife without regret? you get stabbed.
You raped someone? we send you into the showers with 3 fat black guys.
you stole something?
the things you own are auctioned.
etc...
I sometimes dream of creating a prison island like Alcatraz but in the ocean.
And that as soon as you know you'll go to that prison you'll cry and pee your pants.
Not for all criminals though, only the ones that can't go back to society.
inb4 flaming, humans rights etc..
I think the prison system should be based on rehabilitation, not punishment. They should be reviewed and released if they are deemed fit by a panel of professionals. The life sentences should be reserved for the most unrepentant, and there should be nothing as barbaric as the death penalty.

Unfortunately, this is probably never going to happen.
Gear
Highway One Tele (w/Custom Shop 51 Nocaster pickups)
Standard Tele (modded to Nashville specs)
Reverend Roundhouse

Orange Rockerverb 50 MKI
Vox AC4c1
Jet City JCA20H

And pedals!

"Shiva opens her arms now..
...to make sure I don't get too far"
Page 1 of 2