Quote by visterjk
can it get close to a dual rec sound?

Why buy a Mark V then?

Just buy a Rec.
--

How do you say "I'm okay" to an answering machine?

--
Thing I like about the Mark V is, it can get almost any tone and at any volume. It's settings are very different at high volume than low, but it's capable of anything.
I may be mistaken but I'm pretty sure Lamb of God uses Mark V's. And I've played them. Your answer is a yes.
yes, but if you want the sound of a dual rec by a dual rec. especially if you can afford the mark v
[img]http://cdn.gs.uproxx.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/05/v.gif[/img]
I have a Mark V and a Recto. Either will do modern metal with ease... however they both have a much different sound and feel from each other.

Mark V

Recto
I appreciate the sound of a Mesa being compared to a buzzsaw.
Everyone is entitled to an opinion.

Feel free to express yours so I can make an informed judgement about how stupid you are.
Quote by visterjk

Why would you spend the money on a Mark when you can get a Recto for way less, if what you want is the Recto sound?
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
What the hell is a G&L.

Quote by Flux'D
Gay & Lesbian I think, the box smelled funny
Greg what did you send me??
Is it the best for the job? It is and it isn't. It depends on if you like the Mark's unique voicing. Yes, it can pull it off, but IMO not as well as a few other amps can. I love my Mark IV and metal isn't a problem, but I like it for a higher gain prog-ish type sound. I play "modern metal" on it but even though I love, I can't help but feel I'd rather have something like Roadster for the super heavy detuned stuff.
Quote by visterjk

Well the recto will have a looser chug in the bass and can be somewhat buzzy. The mark v will be tighter and clearer sounding with a more prominent midrange. It depends on what you want. Mesa's are hard to tweak. I played a Dual Recto and didn't have nearly enough time to tweak it to where I liked it. I hear the Mark IV/V amps are serious tweakers too...
Fender Telecaster
DeArmond M series
Vox Night Train 15 head w/Weber loaded 1x12
Dunlop DVP3 Volume (X)
Klone circuit/Russian Big Muff 2in 1
Fulltone Fulldrive 2 MOSFET
TC Electronic Nova Delay
TC Electronic Nova Repeater
Line 6 M5
i would say that if you cant really get close at all to the Dual Rec with a Mark V, it doesn't have that low end sag that the Recto has.

if you want a recto but want to do everything, get a Roadster or used Roadking. they're like the same price as the Mark V and much better IMO

also, that circular saw analogy is perfect. it recto is a lot more raw, the Mark V is more precise. personally i dont like it, not really my sound
Tom Anderson Guitarworks

Mayones Guitars

Suhr Guitars

Mesa Boogie

Friedman Amplification

Fractal Audio Systems

Quote by Bladed-Vaults
*Bane voice* ahhh yes. The br00tz, I was born with it. Molded by it. I didnt know of the light until I was already a man.
Last edited by shredftw at Mar 25, 2011,