I'm sure you've all experienced these sort of moments or events. Someone does something or something happens that is incredibly stereotypical of your place of residence.

For Example, a local man here in Ireland got blind drunk and started harassing his ex wife, drove a tractor to her house and started shouting like a madman. She then called the police and he got in the tractor and drove away.

Half an hour later the police found him in a nearby field ploughing the field with the tractor. Bear in mind this is at around 8pm at night. They tried to arrest him, but he reversed the tractor with a plough on the back into the police car and totalled the police car before trying to escape and miserably failing.

I heard this and said, "Only in ****ing Ireland would a man get locked drunk, abuse his wife and crash a tractor into a police car!"

Any tales or stupid anecdotes that reinforce a stereotype or are indicative of your area's prowess or stupidity?
❝Don't be afraid of death, but of an inadequate life❞
Bertolt Bretcht

A lady tried to sell her baby for meth to an undercover agent.... Only in Iowa!!!! To bad it was at my house
That was an epic story.
Quote by red157
Getting killed is an occupational hazard when you're an armed robber.

Quote by Random88
Drunk birds falling over? Sounds like Glasgow

'The time I burned my guitar it was like a sacrifice. You sacrifice the things you love. I love my guitar.'

- Jimi Hendrix
Quote by kodyk666
A lady tried to sell her baby for meth to an undercover agent.... Only in Iowa!!!! To bad it was at my house

What was at your house, the baby, the meth, or the undercover agent?
Tool
Sleep
Gojira
Puscifer
Neurosis
Sunn O)))
Meshuggah
Modest Mouse
Electric Wizard
Mammoth Grinder

Lucid Dreaming Thread
Quote by chaos13
What was at your house, the baby, the meth, or the undercover agent?

They all were!!!! It was quite the party.
Quote by kodyk666
They all were!!!! It was quite the party.

Did anyone get locked drunk?
Tool
Sleep
Gojira
Puscifer
Neurosis
Sunn O)))
Meshuggah
Modest Mouse
Electric Wizard
Mammoth Grinder

Lucid Dreaming Thread
Quote by chaos13
Did anyone get locked drunk?

Maybe the baby... I ain't waistin good meth on a baby.
I saw a tanning salon on the freaking beach, and saw a bunch of orange people walk out. Only in New Jersey
Sceal go maith, a dheathar

OT: A guy round here's prized off-road veichle got stolen by a roving band of gypsies. He asked the cops to help, then he decided that they're all lazy and inefficent so he went to IRA and asked them to get it back. After a couple of weeks with no word from them, he decided the IRA were also lazy and inefficent, so he grabbed a shotgun and set off to personally raid the gypsy camp to get it back himself.

Once again... only in Ireland.

PS: And er, yeah he went and got drunk in the pub afterwards (/obligatory alcoholic reference)
Quote by 23dannybhoy23
Sceal go maith, a dheathar

OT: A guy round here's prized off-road veichle got stolen by a roving band of gypsies. He asked the cops to help, then he decided that they're all lazy and inefficent so he went to IRA and asked them to get it back. After a couple of weeks with no word from them, he decided the IRA were also lazy and inefficent, so he grabbed a shotgun and set off to personally raid the gypsy camp to get it back himself.

Once again... only in Ireland.

PS: And er, yeah he went and got drunk in the pub afterwards (/obligatory alcoholic reference)

Go raibh math agat, a buachaill!

Punisher: Ireland.
❝Don't be afraid of death, but of an inadequate life❞
Bertolt Bretcht

A burglar broke into a house, and tripped and broke his leg, and sued the owners. Only in California!
I'm rgrockr and I do not approve of this message.
Someone...
-Says an actual swear word (as opposed to "heck", "flip", "gosh")
-Drinks coffee or beer or smokes
-Wears spaghetti straps/short skirts
-Has tattoos/piercings

...and the community looks down on them and recoils in fear.

ONLY IN UTAH.
Quote by Ian_the_fox
You're not girly enough of a boy for me, and you're not man enough to take the top. So like, sorry bitch but you ain't mine! Sorry.