I'm doing a revamping of my Telecaster and one of the things I'm hung up on is the pickups. One of the things I hate most about my tele as it is, is that the neck pickup is too dull and quiet, while the bridge is piercing. I know thats kind of the nature of the telecaster, and I do like the middle position how it is, but I want to turn this into a good fuzzy rock guitar. It will be used primarily with my Muffs, and Fuzz Face, with a little of some other distortions thrown in. An idea of the tone I'm thinking of is Dan Auerbach from the Black Keys. For clean tones I want the neck to be warm like a strat neck, without the midrange honk, and I want the bridge to be full and not too bitey.

I'm thinking a mini humbucker in the neck and a standard tele bridge pickup. Probably going to be getting pups from GFS because I've had good experiences with their stuff and I'm not looking to spend a bunch on this. Suggestions?
Call me Dom
Quote by Dmaj7
I don't know how to count canadians, the metric system is hard

Quote by gregs1020
well if lbj pokes his head in here and there's no nuts shit's gonna go doooooooowwwwwwwwwn.

{Pedalboard Thread Native: The Muffin Man}
One of my Teles has the GFS fat bodies in it, I have been more than pleased, probably not what you want for the neck, but the bridge growls nicely but a slight twist of the volume know and it is clean and spanky.
Quote by CodChick

Seriously, I'm not a fan of iphones and guitars mixing.
I have Dream 90's in my offset though and if this sounds like my other guitars, one of them is gonna get neglected
Call me Dom
Quote by Dmaj7

Quote by gregs1020
well if lbj pokes his head in here and there's no nuts shit's gonna go doooooooowwwwwwwwwn.

Pee.

Nineties.

That is all.
Everyone is entitled to an opinion.

Feel free to express yours so I can make an informed judgement about how stupid you are.
Call me Dom
Quote by Dmaj7

Quote by gregs1020

how much are andersons? I somewhat regret selling/not trying the Moollon's I had
Call me Dom
Quote by Dmaj7

Quote by gregs1020

Quote by lbj273
how much are andersons? I somewhat regret selling/not trying the Moollon's I had

they are like 100 each 60-75 used sometimes on tgp.
Prs se Holcomb is the answer
hmmm I think if I was going to spend that much I'd get a set of TDM's, I really like the humbuggies I had Phil make me
Call me Dom
Quote by Dmaj7

Quote by gregs1020

http://www.timpsonmusic.com/TDMpickups.html

He's nuthinbuttrubl8 here, really great guy to work with. The pickups he made were exactly what I wanted
Call me Dom
Quote by Dmaj7

Quote by gregs1020

http://www.zhangbucker.com/tele-singles.html

Best Tele pickups on the planet IMO. Read all of it; it's worth it. Possibly a little pricey, but they are incredible. You can email him what you want, and he can recommend you something.
Quote by blackflag49
Condoms, for all the copious amounts of pussy with which you will be inevitably bombarded from this moment onward.

those zhangbuckers sound great, wish there was a clip with more gain but I like the tone of the Paul Bunyan in the clips
Call me Dom
Quote by Dmaj7

Quote by gregs1020

I'm thinking a Super Paul Bunyan bridge and a normal Paul Bunyan neck but that will depend on some pedal sales
Call me Dom
Quote by Dmaj7

Quote by gregs1020