my band have a new song. i'm not making this to promote it, although it'd be sweet if you could listen and tell mewhat you think. i'm making this to get your opinion on the overall quality of the recording for the style type of thing. i'm doing a music technology course and i've created this track completley on my own; recording, post-production, mixing etc.
just wondering if anyone here thinks there's anything that could be done to improve the track as i still have the original files and everything.

i was trying to make it so the end part sounds completley different to the main section of the song (you'll understand if you listen). so in theory i had to do two mixes of both parts. but i think it sounds pretty good, the end sounds raw and not over produced at all which is what i was going for.

but yeah, any feedback would be greatly appreciated!

http://www.myspace.com/reparationuk

EDIT: it's the one called dreams
as a child you don't miss an empty room
The guitars are sounding alright, maybe bring up the lows and highs a little more. I couldn't really hear the bass, but I suppose that's typical of this genre. The drums were a little bland from a mix standpoint. I would turn up the snare mic(s) considerably, as well as the overheads. For me, there's a little too much of the Kick Drum and the Room Mics.
Quote by gquady09
The guitars are sounding alright, maybe bring up the lows and highs a little more. I couldn't really hear the bass, but I suppose that's typical of this genre. The drums were a little bland from a mix standpoint. I would turn up the snare mic(s) considerably, as well as the overheads. For me, there's a little too much of the Kick Drum and the Room Mics.

with the guitars i going for a sort of, bass-dominant sound. but i think they do need a bit more 'definition' so i'll try bringing up the highs a bit.

i didn't use any room mics, i just used 2 C1000s as overheads but placed one capturing the hi-hat, snare, left crash area and the other over the china, ride and right crash. i also placed individual SE1a's on the cymbals to give me a bit more flexability with levelling them. it also made a pretty nice sound on the china surprisingly. wasn't quite sure what to do with it because i've never recorded one before so i wasn't sure where to place it.

but nice one man, i'll have a play around with it when i get back to it!
as a child you don't miss an empty room