Hi, I'm thinking of getting a new pedal. I currently have this setup

Charvel Charvette
Danelectro Cool Cate Metal I
Vox Pathfinder 10 (10 Watt)
I also use my old Roland Micro Cube 2 watt

I was wondering, has anyone had experience with the Danelectro FAB Overdrive, Distortion, or Metal pedals. I'm aiming for a Slipknot, Rammstein, Stone Sour type sound.

I cannot find any Boss Pedals in good condition within my price range, which is why I'm going with these Danelectros, they're only $19.50CAD, which is inside my price range.

I'd like to get some feedback as to how these pedals sound, and if they're worth the money. If anyone can help me out, I would appreciate it a lot, thank you!
Last edited by Charvel1995 at Mar 24, 2011,
I have a danelectro fab distortion. It works pretty good as a bass distortion pedal, is absolute crap as a guitar pedal. what is your budget?
no sir away a papaya war is on
My budget is fairly low atm. About $10 - $70

My local music store charges $90 for a Boss. Even on Kijiji the lowest priced Boss distortion is $90 USED.
I have a FAB distortion and it is more of an '60s distortion sound meaning it sounds pretty weak against today's music and is more along the lines of a fuzz. Somewhere I read that it is actually the same circuit from one of their early pedals from around this time period. I wouldn't recommend it. There is a FAB metal pedal that maybe you'd want to look at? Never tried it myself.
www.miraclemaxmusic.com

"Punk is not dead. Punk will only die when corporations can exploit and mass produce it."
Jello Biafra

(so is it dead?)
I'm also trying to acieve a tone similar to that of Tygers of Pan Tang, Saxon, W.A.S.P., Megadave, etc.

Thanks for all the feedback guys you've been a big help