hello everyone,

For my english class, we have to write a research paper and i need to pick a topic. I want to do it on something that has to do with music, since that probably would be the least boring thing for me to write about. I was going to do it on the influence of jazz and blues on modern music, but i feel like that is too general and maybe even boring. A good example of a topic is the influence of les paul on music, it is what one of my friends is doing. Any help is appreciated.

Thanks
Do something other than music, don't be a one-dimensional person with a single interest. Pick something from daily life that seems interesting... like, why do dogs wag their tails when they're happy or excited? What biological or evolutionary advantage does it give?
I'm rgrockr and I do not approve of this message.
Quote by rgrockr
Do something other than music, don't be a one-dimensional person with a single interest. Pick something from daily life that seems interesting... like, why do dogs wag their tails when they're happy or excited? What biological or evolutionary advantage does it give?

+1

Also, I know it was just an example, but I wonder about this too. Having a raised tail when chasing rabbits sure help Beagles avoid getting shot by hunters when in tall grass.
Led Zeppelin have strongly influenced metal and country musicians alike, yet fans of metal typically dislike country music and vice versa. WHY???
TALK TO GOD HERE --->

ME:
So you're gonna end the world soon?
GOD:
Interesting deduction. That was my original intention.
ME:
Well don't.
GOD:
Well that's okay. OK I will not.

Earth's fate saved in sig = EPIC WIN!!!
I literally JUST finished writing a paper about what the appeal of music is. I wrote about its emotional effects, and it's social implications.
All hail the BaartMan.

Gear:
-Guitar
-Another guitar
-Another guitar
-Amplifier
-A few effects pedals
-Piano
-Cat
Write about how classical music has influenced modern and contemporary music?
Or maybe do like a timeline paper explianing the evolution of music through a particular set of years... say... 1875-1975 or 1920-2000. Once you get a broad topic, narrowing it down shouldnt be too hard i dont think.
Pittsburgh Penguins: 46-22-6