Page 1 of 2
I'm new to the world of guitar pedals....for the past 4 years....all I've done is plug in and play.....never had a prob...but now I went to buy a distortion pedal, and I got one of my chargers to charge it at 9V.....so it's been thirty minutes, and I have yet to see any energy at all.....is something the matter with the charger? Or the pedal? Or should I just keep waiting?....and if so....when should I begin to worry if it doesn't work? Thx .......( I love using forums, their SO helpful, and the insults that get thrown at me...lol
You can't see any energy?
Hmm, that's a strange one to be honest with you. Maybe if you opened it up and had a look, I think there's a problem with the flux capacitor.

LesPaul
Pedals
OrangeRocker30
My band
PBT Native: Resident Graphics Monkey

Last edited by SimplyBen at Mar 24, 2011,
Quote by SimplyBen
You can't see any energy?
Hmm, that's a strange one to be honest with you. Maybe if you opened it up and had a look, I think the flux cap might be faulty.

Yeah, and by not seeing any energy, is that I've tried to turn it on...and no light whatsoever to indicate that it's ready for use...
Wow, thank you for making me realize how glad I am that pedals don't run off rechargeable batteries.

Dude, it's an adapter. You leave it plugged in to deliver power. There's no battery or supercapacitor in the pedal to store charge. You either use a 9V battery or a 9VDC negative tip power supply.
E-peen:
Rhodes Gemini
Fryette Ultra Lead
Peavey 6505
THD Flexi 50

Gibson R0 Prototype
EBMM JP13 Rosewood
Fender CS Mary Kaye

WTLT

(512) Audio Engineering - Custom Pedal Builds, Mods and Repairs
hmmmm.....so for MXR Distortion pedal....I need to buy a power supply...not a charger of any sort....am I getting this right????

My adapter isn't going to doing any good??
Last edited by Grungy_Guy at Mar 24, 2011,
Quote by denied

You'll be lucky if you haven't fried your pedal..

This too.

You can just use a 9V battery until you get a 9VDC negative tip adapter.
E-peen:
Rhodes Gemini
Fryette Ultra Lead
Peavey 6505
THD Flexi 50

Gibson R0 Prototype
EBMM JP13 Rosewood
Fender CS Mary Kaye

WTLT

(512) Audio Engineering - Custom Pedal Builds, Mods and Repairs
Man you guys are such trolls.

Everyone knows the best way to charge a pedal is by plugging a hamster wheel into the input. You get the best sound with a Siberian hamster in a plastic cage.
LesPaul
Pedals
OrangeRocker30
My band
PBT Native: Resident Graphics Monkey

I side with Ben on this one, that is by far the most superior way to charge pedals
Call me Dom
Quote by Dmaj7
I don't know how to count canadians, the metric system is hard

Quote by gregs1020
well if lbj pokes his head in here and there's no nuts shit's gonna go doooooooowwwwwwwwwn.

{Pedalboard Thread Native: The Muffin Man}
Quote by chip46
You can sometimes charge pedals with static electricity. Just find a cat and rub it all over a balloon really fast. Then have the cat and the pedal touch like in The Creation of Adam by Michelangelo and voila! Instant power!

I almost cracked a few ribs
my pedals didn't charge until I stuck a knife in the socket above where I plugged the adapter into
Call me Dom
Quote by Dmaj7

Quote by gregs1020
well if lbj pokes his head in here and there's no nuts shit's gonna go doooooooowwwwwwwwwn.

Quote by SimplyBen
You get the best sound with a Siberian hamster in a plastic cage.

This. Although if you're after more transparency and less gain, aluminium cages are the way to go. Also switch out the Siberian hamster for a Dutch one if you want a more pronounced mid-hump and warmer bottom end.
You need to get those pedals where you shake them and the kinetic energy stores into the batteries that way.. just like those flashlights.

If you have a shake weight.. you'll be cranking those pedals into overdrive.
Grammar and spelling omitted as an exercise for the reader.
Quote by AcousticMirror
you need one of these.

gimme a break.. valve batteries? he needs solid state.
Grammar and spelling omitted as an exercise for the reader.
everything is better with tubes
Call me Dom
Quote by Dmaj7

Quote by gregs1020

the best was the one time I summoned steve vai. A flock of angels holding heavenly electrical fans appeared and vai stepped out.
Prs se Holcomb is the answer
Page 1 of 2