Page 4 of 59
Pfft... that happens all the time already. I'm talking something a lot more cheesy and ominous sounding. I'll watch the news tomorrow again--no doubt they'll be talking about the same thing.
Quote by AngryGoldfish
Pfft... that happens all the time already. I'm talking something a lot more cheesy and ominous sounding. I'll watch the news tomorrow again--no doubt they'll be talking about the same thing.

Last bit made me chuckle.

It's true though, every news channel I have witnessed... they all tend to repeat and repeat and bloody repeat.
Quote by trueamerican
I see your Sparklehorse's Devil's New and raise you a Together We Will Live Forever

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4XZkLmomNgA

Hi guys, I'm sort of new to the community, so I thought I'd stop by to introduce myself/ get involved in the forum. Sigur Ros makes emotionally devastating music, on the topic of sad songs, like Saeglopur. Or radiohead's Let Down, that's probably the saddest song I can think of right now: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Z_NvVMUcG8 on the other hand, it's so good, it lifts me up too. Maybe Mercury Rev's Frittering. haha idk
"Things seem pretty crummy, but if they could carry us away with them, we'd die of poetry. In a way, that wouldn't be bad." -Louis-Ferdinand Celine
No you're all wrong. Saddest song ever is what the dog outside my window is howling. I'm seriously considering ending his misery with a 12 gauge and a shovel.
"Pain or damage don't end the world nor despair, nor fuckin' beatings. The world ends when you're dead, until then you have more punishment in store. Stand it like a man, and give some back."
I apologize, but you don't have to hear it.

So off the top of my head we'll say, "Christmas Card from a Hooker in Minneapolis."
"Pain or damage don't end the world nor despair, nor fuckin' beatings. The world ends when you're dead, until then you have more punishment in store. Stand it like a man, and give some back."
Quote by samoo
Last bit made me chuckle.

It's true though, every news channel I have witnessed... they all tend to repeat and repeat and bloody repeat.
It's important to be updated on life and disasters, such as the Japanese earthquakers, but after a while, after talking about something so relatively unimportant over and over again, it does make you wonder whether they're talking about it again because there is a genuinely important update that we all need to hear, or because they have nothing else to talk about.
Quote by Toadvine
No you're all wrong. Saddest song ever is what the dog outside my window is howling. I'm seriously considering ending his misery with a 12 gauge and a shovel.

If you need a shovel to finish the job, you're a really shit poor shot with a 12 gauge.
What's the point of living if you're not living a dream?
Quote by cubs
so i found out yesterday i've always been going to the ladies' restroom at the public library. i swear a worker once pointed me to it

What is this I don't even...
It didn't take long to realise
The safest place was not her arms, but her eyes
Where she can't see you
For her gaze, it blisters;
Grey skin to cinders
i really like all the songs posted in the last couple comments but i have to agree that:

Quote by Sticky Tissues
devil's new by sparklehorse is officially the saddest song ever.

in the context of that album it's absolutely flooring. manchester orchestra kicks ass that clint mansell one was really pretty and sigur ros is one of my favorite bands and is emotionally huge but I don't usually feel sad listening to them. there are moments but it's usually not the same sadness as devils new. or apple bed (as nick would likely agree (sorry for putting words in your mouth)). or eyepennies. or sunshine. or especially return to me. or esssspecially morning hollow.

flirted with you all my life is pretty high up there but its also a little different than depressing sadness. for reference http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V4Z-kjr4BLs
the national's theory of the crows and also the live version of about today are killers. about. a little over two years ago this song kept me from giving up on a lot of things. (ooo dramatic :/ ). for reference http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ne43u8suEAg&feature=related I think i like the spin version a little better but the quality is better here and its pretty much just as nice.
gagging order by radiohead is a good one too

but yeah. if not apple bed or morning hollow, I think I have to say devil's new is the saddest song ever.
Anatomy Anatomy
Whale Blue Review

Park that car
Drop that phone
Sleep on the floor
Dream about me
Quote by cubs
so i found out yesterday i've always been going to the ladies' restroom at the public library. i swear a worker once pointed me to it

Dude... That's brutal...

Are they not marked or what?

Also, when you found out, you should have whipped it out and pissed in the sink as a "Fuck the public library!" statement.
I've started rolling my own cigarettes and it's really satisfying. The tobacco is really nice and I truly enjoy going through the effort of having to spread it out evenly and roll it and whatnot... Plus it seems much more sincere to roll one for someone than to just bum them one from a pack. I've been trying to fill my days with more little details to pay attention to or look forward to, whether it's the rollies or painting my nails (a habit I never really had since I was a kid) or committing to a cup of tea every morning or picking flowers to put in my hair or the vase on my counter. I've never been very good at maintenance but it feels nice to have something to stick by, especially little things like this.

Growing up is weird but I'm starting to enjoy it. I've cut down on weed a lot and to see something clearly and still be captivated by it is just... enthralling. I recently went to visit a friend at another university and we went to an orchestra concert, something I hadn't done a long long time (I played violin for about ten years and lost interest), and sitting through it with open eyes was just blissful. I was consumed. I miss these things.
Quote by Arthur Curry
it's official, vintage x metal is the saving grace of this board and/or the antichrist

e-married to
theguitarist
minterman22
tateandlyle
& alaskan_ninja

Manchester Orchestra blow. Emo music that AP magazine kids mistake for "Indie" music. Whiney and boring.
Poor advice.
Quote by jazar94
If you need a shovel to finish the job, you're a really shit poor shot with a 12 gauge.

Ha, no it's true, my clay pigeon skills are not what they used to be. But the shovel was for the burial. Someone in this forum recently wrote something to the effect of "Every dog deserves a place to lie down" or something like that, anyway it was brilliant.

So I need a good name for a mustang (the horse, not the car, or the plane for that matter). Ugly bastard, all white. I call him Bucca, but I don't like that so I figure I'll ask a bunch of writers. Suggestions?

And yes, I'm probably the biggest hillbilly on this forum.
Quote by stellar_legs
Manchester Orchestra blow. Emo music that AP magazine kids mistake for "Indie" music. Whiney and boring.

Manchester Orchestra is not emo music, and the fact that you associate whininess and 'boring' with emo is disheartening. Honestly, the music you write sounds more like genuine emo music than Manchester Orchestra.

Just saying.

Also, I can't remember the last time I saw AP publish something with a legitimate emo band in it...that said, haven't even looked at one of their magazines in ages
Wahhhh wahhhhh.
マリ「しあわっせはーあるいってこないだーからあるいってゆっくんだねーん 
いっちにっちいっぽみーかでさんぽ
 さーんぽすすんでにっほさっがるー 
じーんせいはっわんつー!ぱんち・・・

"Success is as dangerous as failure. Hope is as hollow as fear." - from Tao Te Ching

Quote by jiminizzle
in the context of that album it's absolutely flooring. manchester orchestra kicks ass that clint mansell one was really pretty and sigur ros is one of my favorite bands and is emotionally huge but I don't usually feel sad listening to them. there are moments but it's usually not the same sadness as devils new. or apple bed (as nick would likely agree (sorry for putting words in your mouth)). or eyepennies. or sunshine. or especially return to me. or esssspecially morning hollow.

i actually started typing up a reply about how Apple Bed is the saddest song on the record but i guess i got sidetracked and never posted, ha. but that song tears at me, the weariness and longing aches in every sound.

the saddest song for me will probably always be The Biggest Lie though.

Quote by vintage x metal
I've started rolling my own cigarettes and it's really satisfying. The tobacco is really nice and I truly enjoy going through the effort of having to spread it out evenly and roll it and whatnot... Plus it seems much more sincere to roll one for someone than to just bum them one from a pack. I've been trying to fill my days with more little details to pay attention to or look forward to, whether it's the rollies or painting my nails (a habit I never really had since I was a kid) or committing to a cup of tea every morning or picking flowers to put in my hair or the vase on my counter. I've never been very good at maintenance but it feels nice to have something to stick by, especially little things like this.

Growing up is weird but I'm starting to enjoy it. I've cut down on weed a lot and to see something clearly and still be captivated by it is just... enthralling. I recently went to visit a friend at another university and we went to an orchestra concert, something I hadn't done a long long time (I played violin for about ten years and lost interest), and sitting through it with open eyes was just blissful. I was consumed. I miss these things.

hello everyone, i've been away for awhile. new place, new friends, new girl, spring on the doorstep. the simple pleasures.
I just bought Vic Chesnutt's Little for a mere 2 bones the other day. That's some cask-strength sad there, but the stuff he did with Efrem from Godspeed is goddamn painful to listen to.
Poor advice.
Last edited by stellar_legs at Apr 2, 2011,
I've always had a thing about the Damien Rice songs Accidental Babies and 9 Crimes.. those always pull at me a little bit when I hear 'em, haha.
On a side note, I ordered a Peavey Delta Blues 115 amp and it just came in the other day, and it sounds beauuuuutiful.
Last edited by Final at Apr 3, 2011,
Quote by stellar_legs
I just bought Vic Chesnutt's Little for a mere 2 bones the other day. That's some cask-strength sad there, but the stuff he did with Efrem from Godspeed is goddamn painful to listen to.

Wait, he did stuff with Efrim Menuck? Didn't follow that dude much after Godspeed, liked him in that though.
Quote by michal23
My friend's being charged with attempted murder.

What happened?
It didn't take long to realise
The safest place was not her arms, but her eyes
Where she can't see you
For her gaze, it blisters;
Grey skin to cinders
Quote by NGD1313
hello everyone, i've been away for awhile. new place, new friends, new girl, spring on the doorstep. the simple pleasures.

Quote by Arthur Curry
it's official, vintage x metal is the saving grace of this board and/or the antichrist

e-married to
theguitarist
minterman22
tateandlyle
& alaskan_ninja

He stabbed someone who was apparently his girlfriend (he was very secretive about that kind of stuff) nine times in the neck. I still can't believe it.
Quote by punkforlife93
Wait, he did stuff with Efrim Menuck? Didn't follow that dude much after Godspeed, liked him in that though.

Going to see Godspeed on the 24th. SOOOOOOO excited. Also, A Silver Mt. Zion is worth checking out for sure.
Last.fm

"Art is always and everywhere the secret confession, and at the same time the immortal movement of its time."

Damn. So do you think he couldn't have done it? Also nine times...tough cookie

EDIT: And now I'm jealous of Remus.
Last edited by punkforlife93 at Apr 4, 2011,
I wonder what compelled him to do it.
Quote by Arthur Curry

e-married to
theguitarist
minterman22
tateandlyle
& alaskan_ninja

He was restrained at the scene, he basically pulled up outside her school, got out the car and jumped on her, so everyone saw. God knows what made him do it. All the newspapers in the UK have been saying it's because she wasn't answering his texts and making him seem like a psycho, but those of us who know him know there must have been something a lot bigger that went down.
Quote by punkforlife93
Yeah, that doesn't seem right...have you talked to him since then?

I don't think anyone has, he's been treated in a hospital for cuts to his hands and been kept in jail since. Court hearing is tomorrow, I imagine quite a number of people will go to see what's happening.