I was just now reading the "Stupid roommate crap you have to put up with" thread, and a question occurred to me. Why exactly do American college residences have dorm rooms rather than single bedrooms? What genius came up with the idea of taking two 18 year olds who are complete strangers, and making them share a bedroom? I (and I'm sure a lot of others) found it bad enough having to share a room with my brother, I can only imagine it would be worse with some random guy.
Quote by CV334

Sir, the contents of my mouth just blew all over my keyboard, desk, and part of my monitor. For the record, it was slightly chewed Keebler cookies and coffee slurry.

The average pitmonkey's response to my jokes.
You can get singles, just the majority are doubles or triples. You're usually moving away from your home, so I think they wanted to stimulate your social life, and make money off of you.
Quote by lolmnt
We're better than Mexico cuz we rule USA USA USA
to save space, which is kinda ironic because, well, look at how most buildings are built here, built with more length and width, rather than height
Schecter C-1 Classic in Seethru blue <333
Schecter Damien FR
Roland AC-60 acoustic amp
Boss GE-7 EQ
Line6 Ubermetal Distortion
Sigma Dx Acoustic
Its somewhat of a good idea. You can end up with a bad roommate, or you can have a really good one. It really introduces you to a lot of stuff, which can be good if you get a cool roommate.

I credit my freshman roommate with helping me come out of my shell. Before I let people walk all over me, never really did anything fun and spent all my time studying or doing nothing. Yes there were times that I hated living with him for some of the things he did but it helps out with social development.
Saves space. One-person dorms are more expensive
Quote by beadhangingOne
What happened to Snake?

Snake?

Snake?

SNAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAKE?!

Quote by TunerAddict
you can take my mouse and keyboard from my cold, slightly orange from cheetos, dead fingers

Quote by Baby Joel
Isis is amazing
It actually prepares you for marriage because you get used to living and sleeping in the same room as someone you didnt grow up with, although this isn't the colleges reason.
Lets jump in a pool

Last edited by I am wet : Today at 03:26 XM.