Hello guys, I need some help....it finally happened, the tubes in my Dual Rectifier have gone microphonic (well at least one has) and I am looking to replace the set. Any recommendations on where I could get some tubes online? I don't want to buy just any tubes and have them turn out to be crap, usually I buy them at this one store, but I am no longer in that city and I have to go looking online as this is a pretty small town. Any help is appreciated, thanks guys
Quote by EndTheRapture51
Anyway I have technically statutory raped #nice

Quote by EndThecRinge51
once a girl and i promised to never leave each other

since that promise was broken

i dont make promises any more
sorry guys, I forgot to mention, I'm looking for Mesa Tubes, I've tried Euro tubes but they didn't last me very long last time
Quote by EndTheRapture51

Quote by EndThecRinge51

Mesa are just overpriced, rebranded, Sovteks for the most part

Put some SEDs 6L6s in there, or if you want it to sound its best, some Ruby EL-34s. Shuguang in the preamp.
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com
Last edited by MatrixClaw at Mar 24, 2011,
Quote by megano28
sorry guys, I forgot to mention, I'm looking for Mesa Tubes, I've tried Euro tubes but they didn't last me very long last time

You must be messing them up because JJ's have lasted me months.
Ironically (considering the content of the first few posts), Mesa preamp tubes are currently JJ ECC83s.

They stopped using Sovtek/EHX in 2008.

I'm using a TungSol in the V1 with Mesa labelled JJs in all the other positions and I like the results.
Last edited by some_dude_2 at Mar 24, 2011,
Quote by some_dude_2
Ironically (considering the content of the first few posts), Mesa preamp tubes are currently JJ ECC83s.

They stopped using Sovtek/EHX in 2008.

I'm using a TungSol in the V1 with Mesa labelled JJs in all the other positions and I like the results.

Source?
Secretz.
E-peen:
Rhodes Gemini
Fryette Ultra Lead
Peavey 6505
THD Flexi 50

Gibson R0 Prototype
EBMM JP13 Rosewood
Fender CS Mary Kaye

WTLT

(512) Audio Engineering - Custom Pedal Builds, Mods and Repairs
Last edited by mmolteratx at Mar 24, 2011,
No seriously, I want a source, because there is nothing to say that they are JJ's.
Quote by mmolteratx
secret

no seriously matt. stop giving out that link.
Prs se Holcomb is the answer
Quote by Sputnik1
You must be messing them up because JJ's have lasted me months.

yeah I didn't mean they lasted me like a week or something, but they didn't last as long as the ones I had put in before, they held for like 70% of the time
Quote by EndTheRapture51

Quote by EndThecRinge51

Quote by Sputnik1
No seriously, I want a source, because there is nothing to say that they are JJ's.

My source is Mesa. Call their customer service rep if you want to confirm it yourself.

Alternatively.... note the differences.

JJ ECC83

Sovtek 12AX7WA
Sure whatever. I was hoping for some real proof and not a visual guess and the word of a customer service rep. Especially since they don't advertise.
IIRC I remember something on the Boogie board about them changing a couple years back. The top one is definitely a JJ 12AX7. Look at the plate structure.
E-peen:
Rhodes Gemini
Fryette Ultra Lead
Peavey 6505
THD Flexi 50

Gibson R0 Prototype
EBMM JP13 Rosewood
Fender CS Mary Kaye

WTLT

(512) Audio Engineering - Custom Pedal Builds, Mods and Repairs
I see the difference, still isn't entirely proof.

The real issue then is if they are JJ's, then its completely ridiculous that you can get a ECC83 from Euro for $10 or a 12AX7 for $17.50 from Mesa.
Last edited by Sputnik1 at Mar 24, 2011,