I've been looking for a new guitar and the EC-1000 has stuck with me for the most time, mostly because I've played it and know what it feel like. Schecter C1 Classic I have not. I would like to know someone who owns the C1 Classic's opinion on how good it is compared to am EC-1000, if you've never played an EC-1000 please just tell me your opinion on the guitar itself. I play drop B, drop A#, so I would like to know how the guitar sounds at that deep of a tuning. Thanks for your time and viewing.
Quote by MrFlibble
There are no words to accurately describe my disdain for this post.
The ESP LTD wins in my books. Although I do like schecter, the esp is just that little bit better quality.
-------------------------------------------
Gear:

Guitar(s): .Shecter Tempest EXTREMEEEEEE
--------------Maton CW-80

Amplification: Randall RG75 G3
Well - I have a friend who has a C-1 and he loves it. I had a similar guitar in the past and loved it. However, I own 2 EC-1000s now. I effing love them, but they do both suffer from the same problem. After every 3-5 min. go of playing, the G string falls flat or sharp. But I love them to death.
never played the LTD, but the schecter is a very good guitar. I own one and have been pleased with it for the longest time. I think the lowest I've ever had it was Drop A#, and it held its own. It feels great to me, but thats a preference that varies from person to person. The cleans are great, distortion, well I cant say much either because I'm running it through an acoustic amp with a distortion pedal >.> but its a very good guitar overall. plus they arent made anymore so if you can get your hands on one, id recommend it
Schecter C-1 Classic in Seethru blue <333
Schecter Damien FR
Roland AC-60 acoustic amp
Boss GE-7 EQ
Line6 Ubermetal Distortion
Sigma Dx Acoustic
I am a C-1 Classic owner. I have played the EC-1000. (deluxe, fixed bridge)

Biggest differences:

Scale length. 25.5" vs 24.75". You would want a longer scale length if you drop tune.

Pickups: Seymour Duncan JB /59 combo vs EMGs. Which do you prefer?

Feel: C-1 plays like a double cutaway and is pretty darn heavy. The EC feels better than my Gibson LP Studio. Actually, the quality of both guitars feels better than my Gibson. Both will feel like they have long necks compared to an LP because of the 24 frets.

I can say that you will get a nice fat creamy tone on the C-1 and tons of sustain due to the neck through. Not sure of the EC and never could get a good read on tone since I am not an EMG user. I think the C-1 Classic is a pretty versatile guitar but my friend swears by his EC. He plays more metal and I do not. (he did get a decent setup to down tune his EC)
Gear

EB MusicMan JP6 - Pearl White
Gibson LP Studio - Silverburst
Schecter C-1 Classic - Quilted Blue
Schecter Banshee (x2) - Marine Blue
Taylor GS-Mini
Blackstar HT-5 Mini Half Stack
Line 6 HD500
mwiguitar, if youd like, I could play some stuff for you, I mean, it wont be great, but you may be able to get an idea, lemme know if youd want to
Schecter C-1 Classic in Seethru blue <333
Schecter Damien FR
Roland AC-60 acoustic amp
Boss GE-7 EQ
Line6 Ubermetal Distortion
Sigma Dx Acoustic
Is that all I get? No more anything?!
Quote by MrFlibble
I think a baritone guitar (27") scale might be a better idea for tunings that low.

And I'm an ESP fanboy, but unless you want to have thick-ass strings the Schecter may be a better choice because of the scale length.

I think a comparable guitar is the LTD MH-1000 instead since the scale lengths are the same, then it comes down to what you want feel wise. The Schecter neck can be a bit thicker than the LTD (Either the EC or MH) but if memory serves right the difference isn't a big one.
I like to go into Drop C or Drop C or maybe even standard whenever I feel, I've already thought about this. There was a H-1000 that I was going to grab but it's gone now ( I love those things.
Quote by MrFlibble
contrary to the popular and eternally perpetuated belief that all schecters have HUGE necks, the profile of the c-1 classic is very very similar to ESPs thin U. IIRC the EC deluxes have that profile. both guitars are fairly weighty and can deliver a nice thick chunky tone. you really cant go wrong with either one. pickups are easily replaceable.

yeah there's a small difference in the scale length, but FFS 3/4"s does not turn the world upside down like some people claim. the newest deluxe ECs have 24 frets but there are a few models that have 22 if thats what you want. the ECs will be more expensive as the only classics you will find are used and should go for less than $500. FYI shecters replacement for the classic is the c-1 custom. they have one at my store that plays just as nicely as my classic, so you could go with that one if you didnt want to go used.

7 String+ ERG Legion!!

LTD Snakebyte
Agile AL-727
ESP Horizon
Warmoth Swirled 7
Schecter C-1 Classic
Frankentele
Laney Ironheart 60w + Avatar Cab

there is also the string spacing issue. do you like them close or a bit farther apart. i started with schecter and they are great guitars. but after having problems chording and making each note ring, i chose to go back to the esp/ltd's. the strings are just a bit further apart...and a slimmer neck until you go up to real esp's...the neck becomes a bit thicker...never had a problem with my g string though...so i cant vote either way unless i make it a personal vote, in which case it would be esp/ltd 100%
ESP Eclipse with blackouts (Snow White)
Taylor 814ce (tabacco sunburst)
Dean Dime o Flage
Spider valve mkii
Fender Super Reverb
Peavey Vypyr 15
I can't really say anything for the schecter other than i tried it and liked it, but i adore my LTD EC-1000. I've never had a problem with it. My only complaint is sometimes I get tired of the same old EMG sound. There is a sunburst one with seymour duncans though. I chose the vintage black version because of the ebony fretboard and I had a few issues with my hand sticking to the back of the neck on some of the other colors.
Twitter

LTD EC-1000 (Vintage Black)
Schecter Damien-FR
Crate Flexwave 120W

INDECISIVE AMP FUND: $500/$
Quote by SYLrules88

yeah there's a small difference in the scale length, but FFS 3/4"s does not turn the world upside down like some people claim.

It's enough of a difference. To get the same tension in the strings in Drop C (for example) between the EC and the C-1, the EC would have to have at least one gauge thicker strings.

I've noted differences like this between my old Epiphone SG (24.75) and my Edwards (25.5)

Also, TS, if you love the H-1001 why not look for one used via craigslist or even just buy a new one online?

EDIT: I'm not necessarily saying that this is a problem, he might even like thicker strings.
Last edited by siverstorm at Mar 27, 2011,
Quote by siverstorm
It's enough of a difference. To get the same tension in the strings in Drop C (for example) between the EC and the C-1, the EC would have to have at least one gauge thicker strings.

I've noted differences like this between my old Epiphone SG (24.75) and my Edwards (25.5)

Also, TS, if you love the H-1001 why not look for one used via craigslist or even just buy a new one online?

EDIT: I'm not necessarily saying that this is a problem, he might even like thicker strings.

I do like thicker strings *Within The Ruins* Anyways, I very much dislike the H-1001, it might be considered "exactly the same" but the Teardrop headstock era was way better than it is now. And now the headstock looks blocky... The only one on craigslist was either sold or the guy is a douche 'cause he never responded.
Quote by MrFlibble