Right now I've got 2 amps, fender hot rod deluxe and some 50w marshall solid state. I'm thinking of trying to sell both of them and getting a Bugera 6262, or some other Bugera. Any thoughts on these amps? All the reviews say they're very stable and they sound friggin good, but the low price scares me.
Quote by ZanasCross
I'm now so drunk that even if my mom had given me a blow job at aeg 2, i'd be like I'm a pmp, butches.!

If this even madkes sense... if yhou sig this, Iw ll kill you.
They've been known to rip off other amps almost exactly. I think they're even getting sued for it.
My time will come.
oh man, before you commit to the 6262 check out the trirec and the magician...they should be on the market sometime before the end of June.
Budget? - $400-600

Genres? - stoner metal, classic rock, thrash (in no order)

New or Used? - new or gently used

Home or Gig? -play with my drummer friend sometimes, playing for small parties in the future

Closest City? -Kalamazoo, MI

Current Gear? -Fender Hot Rod Deluxe, Marshall RCD-50, Epiphone 1966 reissue sg
Bugeras are better quality than most people think, and don't let the price scare you, but I'd never sell a Fender for one. I mean, except a Frontman or one of the new modeling amps or the horrendous little Champion 600 or...okay, I'd never sell a Fender Hot Rod Deluxe for one. Although I haven't played through a Magician yet...
Quote by AeolianSeventh
Bugeras are better quality than most people think, and don't let the price scare you, but I'd never sell a Fender for one. I mean, except a Frontman or one of the new modeling amps or the horrendous little Champion 600 or...okay, I'd never sell a Fender Hot Rod Deluxe for one. Although I haven't played through a Magician yet...

no......just no
keep the fender, sell the marshall. then save up some more
[img]http://cdn.gs.uproxx.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/05/v.gif[/img]
for starters post in the bugera thread if you wanna know about'em.

here's what my 6262 sounds like:

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/8449636/blooddrunk_ver2testNewTube.mp3
Guitars:
LTD Alexi-600 White & Black
LTD Alexi-200 Black(Death Adder pickup & Gold OFR)
Agile Interceptor Pro 727 7-string
Jackson JS30RR rhoads
Jackson DKMGT
Squire telecaster

amps:
Bugera 6262 212 loaded with WGS veteran 30's
Quote by 311ZOSOVHJH
TS = was your Budget including the sale of the other amps?

Genres? - stoner metal, classic rock, thrash (in no order)

yeah
I have a 333xl and it's never let me down once their amazing amps for the price. I'd go with a 333xl if I were you judging on the styles you listed. Also consider a combo because 120 watt amp is a lot of power...way more than you need to play party's among the other things you listed
-Peavey 6505+
-Bugera 333xl(w/6l6 pt's) -dead
-412 X-pattern loaded w/ WGS veteran30s & HM75s
-Gibson Les Paul, SD Blackouts *being worked on back to stock*
-Jackson DR7, EMGs
-LTD MH417
-Peavey Vyper 75w
looking at the bugera thread i really like the 1990...if i were to go with that what kind of cab would it be wisest to get? also considering a combo
Well as your buying a Bugera, that says that you aint spending thousands. So Ill give you the bugera of cabs, really awesome for the money.

Harley Benton G212 Vintage
http://www.thomann.de/fi/harley_benton_g212_vintage.htm

I have it, and it rocks. 'Nuff said.
I wondered why the frisbee was getting bigger, then it hit me.
Quote by ShikovEA
What's better: marshall vs100 or bugera 6262-212?

better at what?

tone or keeping warm?

don't threadjack Shikov, make a new thread.
I wondered why the frisbee was getting bigger, then it hit me.
Last edited by gregs1020 at Mar 30, 2011,
Quote by ShikovEA
What's better: marshall vs100 or bugera 6262-212?

the marshall. I've never had a paper weight.

seriously though, if you are talking tone wise, its two different beasts, but the 6262 should sound better most of the time
Gear-Ibanex rg7321 w/dimarzio pups--->Ernie Ball Jr. Vol pedal--->TS9-->Line 6 DL4--->ADA MP-1--->Marshall 9005 poweramp--->Line6 4X12 straight cab w/v30s
I have a 6262 head with a marshall 1962 cab and it's a tone beast! It's freaking awesome for the price you pay! But don't sell your fender man, that's a bad move.
Quote by OceansBetweenUs
Buy a good, high quality metal pedal. Then your set. A good fender amp is nothing to get rid of.

Tube tone > pedals.
Ibanez RGR421EXFM >> Maxon OD808 >> BOSS NS-2 >> Peavey 5150 212
Quote by AeolianSeventh

Being someone who used to sell Bugeras, I know that they're NOT good quality.

The 333xl's had capacitor problems that caused ashes and dead amps. The 6260 had power discharge issues(one sent me to the hospital) and there were countless other problems. They constantly told us they fixed the problems but never completely did. We had 1/3 of the amps returned, and by people who KNEW how to use tube amps. I even owned 3 of them myself. One I had to replace with the next, and the last one just didnt do anything for me.
In my experience (and many others) current Bugera amps are quite reliable, and an incredible value for the money!
The 333/XL series is a bit more versatile (3 channels...all with independent EQ/gain)
the 626X series is a bit more "raw" sounding and still quite versatile (I much prefered the tone of the 6262 over the 333XL...personal choice)
the 1990 is also a great amp....just not quite as much gain as the other 2 mentioned (626X has the most)
The Magician and Tri-rec should be great amps as well....they should be out one of these days....I got sick of waiting and got a different amp (needed the tone of the 6262 and the versatility of the 333XL....Tri-rec WOULD have been my amp....but they keep delaying it)
Ibanez RGR421EXFM, Michael Kelley Vex NV, Ovation Celebrity. Carvin V3
Peavey 412M w/Eminence Wizards & Swamp Thangs, Rocktron Hush Super C, Furman PL-8C,15 band EQ, Boosta grande, ISP Decimator, Dano EQ, Ibanez TBX 150,TC Elec Polytune
Last edited by Vinson at Mar 30, 2011,
Quote by bobbymcgee69
Right now I've got 2 amps, fender hot rod deluxe and some 50w marshall solid state. I'm thinking of trying to sell both of them and getting a Bugera 6262, or some other Bugera. Any thoughts on these amps? All the reviews say they're very stable and they sound friggin good, but the low price scares me.

They are stable and they do sound friggin good. I love mine. That said, skip the 6262 if you want particularly good cleans and go for the 333XL, Trirec, or Magician.
Quote by dr_shred
FrustratedRocka you are a legend

Quote by littlephil

The man clearly knows his shit.

Quote by Banjocal

one of the best, educated and logical posts I've ever seen on UG in the Pit. Well done good sir.
My 6262 sounds killer and hasnt missed a beat.
Guitars:
LTD Alexi-600 White & Black
LTD Alexi-200 Black(Death Adder pickup & Gold OFR)
Agile Interceptor Pro 727 7-string
Jackson JS30RR rhoads
Jackson DKMGT
Squire telecaster

amps:
Bugera 6262 212 loaded with WGS veteran 30's
I recorded a song for my senior project in school using the Bugera 333xl for the guitar tracks. The project was a music video fused as a website http://thelilt.com/

The bridge right before the last chorus has a really cool guitar tone.

Here is the same song as a file http://sharing.andresgallo.com/today.mp3 . This file sounds less compressed but does not have the cool video hehe.

Let me know what you guys think

Anyways, that song uses all three channels of the bugera 333xl.

The intro uses the crunch channel with mid gain
The clean parts are of course the clean channel, with the amps reverb
The choruses use the crunch channel on the middle position of the pups
The pre-last chorus uses the lead channel, and the clean channel at parts

We did not have the best mics in the world, as you can tell, but that is a good idea on other types of tones that the amp can cover.
Last edited by nyandres at Mar 30, 2011,
Quote by ShikovEA
better at keeping warm*

+1

Seeing how people that own these amps play them much more often, they do tend to stay warm.
Ibanez RGR421EXFM, Michael Kelley Vex NV, Ovation Celebrity. Carvin V3
Peavey 412M w/Eminence Wizards & Swamp Thangs, Rocktron Hush Super C, Furman PL-8C,15 band EQ, Boosta grande, ISP Decimator, Dano EQ, Ibanez TBX 150,TC Elec Polytune