hi guys srry i know i know i did a lot of Threads this days any ways srry
my question is how to make a nice chord progression ???
cuz i love songs who use some arpeggiated chords and i wanna make some of that ... but evry time i try it sound v v v v boring ><
and the other question is when i improvise over a pentatonic minor scale it sound boring to >< how can i practice impro ? ?
the last question it is good to use an ear trainer to help me ? ? ? if yes plz give me a good one thx
Last edited by mado-elodie at Mar 25, 2011,
Just keep learning and practicing. You'll get there.
One great way is by delving into an understanding of basic theory, even if it's only simple theory.
Once you understand how to construct chords via scale degrees, and how they relate to eachother, you can make a vision become reality because you have the basic idea of what notes you need to play to make it happen.
There are various aural training programs out there for ear training (try googling for them), or you can find a music teacher who can specifically help you learn how to recognise pitches, rhythms, intervals etc.

Don't try to just play the same note over and over again in hopes of memorizing, instead there are a bunch of little tricks to recognise intervals (e.g. a I to IV perfect interval you can remember by singing the first 2 notes of "amazing grace" inside your head). This kind of stuff you can learn off reading books on aural or learning from a teacher.

Hope that helped
Last edited by aspire.rabbit at Mar 26, 2011,
Quote by aspire.rabbit
There are various aural training programs out there for ear training (try googling for them), or you can find a music teacher who can specifically help you learn how to recognise pitches, rhythms, intervals etc.

Don't try to just play the same note over and over again in hopes of memorizing, instead there are a bunch of little tricks to recognise intervals (e.g. a I to IV perfect interval you can remember by singing the first 2 notes of "amazing grace" inside your head). This kind of stuff you can learn off reading books on aural or learning from a teacher.

Hope that helped

thx i ll try one of this ear trainer cuz i can't find a music teacher here ... hope that's ll be enought
Quote by mado-elodie
thx i ll try one of this ear trainer cuz i can't find a music teacher here ... hope that's ll be enought

Maybe you need someone to teach you how to spell first
try musictheory.net, has some good aural trainer type things
Follow the suggestions already stated- make sure you get a good grip on forming chords. Then start fooling around with dissonant notes and learning how to resolve them, this is what you're looking for.
What do you guys listen to when playing video games?
Quote by DemonicSamurai

Quote by T3hdude

Men fapping.

Sorry, didn't realize I was that loud.

I'll be leaving your closet now.
There are lots of free jamming tracks on the web. Choose the style you want Download and start improvise on them. Good luck!