Thread title says it all. Any ideas how I could possibly emulate the sound of a pedal steel on an electric guitar? Strange question, I know :P
All I found is a bit of a mix of a volumepedal and a reverb while playing slide guitar.
Funny you should ask. I was playing around with different tunings and came up with on that allows the first 2 strings to sound a lap slide, not a pedal steel but close enough. The tuning I had was EADGAC. On my profile I have my song "Efflorescent Transmissions" and used my guitar as a lap slide and it produced really good sounding slides with that accompanied tuning mixed with a little reverb and slow delay. Hope that might help!
"It's better to be kind. Being clever or good looking is subjective. Kindness is essential" - Ricky Gervais
Last edited by JimBonJovi at Mar 25, 2011,
Guitar--->compressor--->boss Sg1---really bright amp
Quote by CodChick

Seriously, I'm not a fan of iphones and guitars mixing.
Quote by JimBonJovi
Funny you should ask. I was playing around with different tunings and came up with on that allows the first 2 strings to sound a lap slide, not a pedal steel but close enough. The tuning I had was EADGAC. On my profile I have my song "Efflorescent Transmissions" and used my guitar as a lap slide and it produced really good sounding slides with that accompanied tuning mixed with a little reverb and slow delay. Hope that might help!

That's great. I'll try that for sure