http://www.rondomusic.com/intrepidprodual828.html
http://www.rondomusic.com/intrepidpro830mnna.html

Which one would you get? And can someone tell this noob how the scale length would affect the axe? I am looking to get an eight string. I really want the extended range and these two Agiles really appeal to me. Having both pickups (active) and the neck through body seems great. I'd love to drop the lowest string a step and get goin'.
well. I guess it depends on how much tension you want on the low strings. Longer scale length generally means more string tension, but bigger stretch for your hands too. It may affect how well the intonation is for the lower strings as well. Those axes do look kinda tempting.
They just look really playable and personally I think their beautiful. I'd love to see how they'd sound with passive pickups. From what I've heard passive pickups don't have and equal frequency response for each string and/or particular notes... is this correct? I generally find passives (on seven strings) vs. actives (also on seven strings) to be a lot different - which is obvious. I like passives better. They are grainier and more "organic" sounding. But I wonder how that'd sound in the lowest register.

Actives are great but I think they offer a more clinical sound. That might sound cool for progressive and technical material (Animals As Leaders, Periphery and even Meshuggah) but I think an eight string could be great for more "organic" genres. Am I making any sense or I am still stoned?
i'd get the 828, i've got a 727 Interceptor and the sacle length is JUST on the edge for my hands, on the low end.
Guitars:
LTD Alexi-600 White & Black
LTD Alexi-200 Black(Death Adder pickup & Gold OFR)
Agile Interceptor Pro 727 7-string
Jackson JS30RR rhoads
Jackson DKMGT
Squire telecaster

amps:
Bugera 6262 212 loaded with WGS veteran 30's
I have a 727 and I manage just fine on it, I have 'normal hands' I'm only like 5'11"....I'd take the 28 if you only plan on staying around F#, but if you plan to tune lower then get the 30"
Quote by EndTheRapture51
Anyway I have technically statutory raped #nice

Quote by EndThecRinge51
once a girl and i promised to never leave each other

since that promise was broken

i dont make promises any more
Exactly why does scale length matter? If you set the guitar up properly doesn't scale length not mean much? I just plan on dropping the lowest string a step. Also, I am a small guy and I have small hands.
Scale length increases the tension of the strings letting you keep your lower tuned strings tight. Also, different lengths can change the tonality of the instrument.
Quote by RoyalT_996
Scale length increases the tension of the strings letting you keep your lower tuned strings tight. Also, different lengths can change the tonality of the instrument.

Okay, I am not quite sure I understand why the length of the guitar would affect tension. Can't one adjust the tension by altering the properties of the gauge, bridge and truss rod? Or is there something I am not quite understanding here?
A longer scale means that you have to tighten the string more to reach the same note because the string is longer than on a smaller scale.

Imagine holding a string in your hands. If you have a 2 foot string that you hold out stretched only 1.5 feet, it will sag in your hands. If you stretch it out to 2 feet, it will be taut.
Oh okay, I understand. So if increasing the string gauge isn't an issue for you then scale length shouldn't matter all that much. Personally, I like having thicker gauges for my lower strings. I think I'd have to go with the 828 because I am a small guy. My buddy has a PRS baritone and the scale length is about 30 inches I think. It kills me. Thanks for your help guys.
Just out of curiosity, how tall are you TS? I may be in the same boat as you.
Caution:
This post may contain my opinion and/or inaccurate information.

Current Rig:
2006 PRS CE-24
Mesa/Boogie Mark V
Voltage S212 w/ V30's
Strymon Timeline
CMATMods Signa Drive
TC Electronics Corona & Hall of Fame
I'm like 5'5 and weigh about 170. I have little hands and a small stature. I really am not a big guy. What does TS stand for?
TS is topic starter. And thats good, we're about the same height which makes me want to get a 28" instead of a 30".
Caution:
This post may contain my opinion and/or inaccurate information.

Current Rig:
2006 PRS CE-24
Mesa/Boogie Mark V
Voltage S212 w/ V30's
Strymon Timeline
CMATMods Signa Drive
TC Electronics Corona & Hall of Fame
I heard Rondo has a great return policy either way, just to let you know

*start big, if its too big get the smaller one
Quote by italiarlz135

Dually noted my friend. Dually noted.
Quote by italiarlz135

that's what she said.
Guitars:
LTD Alexi-600 White & Black
LTD Alexi-200 Black(Death Adder pickup & Gold OFR)
Agile Interceptor Pro 727 7-string
Jackson JS30RR rhoads
Jackson DKMGT
Squire telecaster

amps:
Bugera 6262 212 loaded with WGS veteran 30's
I bought an 828 Intrepid from them about a year ago. Paid for it w/ PayPal and had it at my doorstep 2 days later. Unfortunately, the last two frets were sticking up off the fretboard about 2 mm each. I PM'd them and they got back to me withing the hour. They arranged for the guitar to be picked up by UPS the next day. They had the frets fixed and back to me in three business day, no charge.

Personally, I don't know of any other US guitar company that operates like that.

If I were in the market for another 7 or string 8, and I wasn't going to go custom, I buy another Agile in a heartbeat.
Quote by Nightgaunt
I bought an 828 Intrepid from them about a year ago. Paid for it w/ PayPal and had it at my doorstep 2 days later. Unfortunately, the last two frets were sticking up off the fretboard about 2 mm each. I PM'd them and they got back to me withing the hour. They arranged for the guitar to be picked up by UPS the next day. They had the frets fixed and back to me in three business day, no charge.

Personally, I don't know of any other US guitar company that operates like that.

If I were in the market for another 7 or string 8, and I wasn't going to go custom, I buy another Agile in a heartbeat.

It sounds like they have great customer service. Thanks for the story, dude/dudette. I will definitely keep it in mind when considering their product.