Page 1 of 2
Im looking for a beast amp , great clean and Distortion great looking , What make this amp so expensive ??
for a hell of a lot less you could get a Roadking, and its just as versatile possibly even more so.

The VH4-S is deffo a very nice amp, but personally if i was gonna get a Deizel i'd get a Herbert
Tom Anderson Guitarworks

Mayones Guitars

Suhr Guitars

Mesa Boogie

Friedman Amplification

Fractal Audio Systems

Quote by Bladed-Vaults
*Bane voice* ahhh yes. The br00tz, I was born with it. Molded by it. I didnt know of the light until I was already a man.
I believe it's hand made in Germany, and you're paying a bit for the brand, great components etc. Also it can do pretty much any style. I believe the only thing that differs on it from the VH4 is the stereo feature, which I personally can't ever imagine using.
Quote by shredftw
for a hell of a lot less you could get a Roadking, and its just as versatile possibly even more so.

The VH4-S is deffo a very nice amp, but personally if i was gonna get a Deizel i'd get a Herbert

Forget Road King, just buy an axe fx
Quote by Syl0sis
Im looking for a beast amp , great clean and Distortion great looking , What make this amp so expensive ??

You might want to pick a different brand then.

Also, your english could use some work...
We've dressed up in our best...

...and are prepared to go down like gentlemen.

Quote by bogg808
The PBT is for those too TGP for the rest of UG.

Quote by shredftw
for a hell of a lot less you could get a Roadking

Only in North America. On the other side of the Atlantic, it's the other way around.

Threadstarter: It is a nice amp, sure. But without knowing what music you actually play and what you'd be using the amp for we can't really tell you whether it'll be suitable for you. (And without knowing where you are located and what budget you are working with we can't recommend any alternatives.)
Last edited by TheQuailman at Mar 25, 2011,
Quote by Darkflame
^maybe it's not his main language -_-''

If I was trying to speak a second language and I was doing so poorly I'd want to know, . It wasn't mean, just saying, a lot of people take you more seriously when your posts are easier to read.

Quote by bogg808

Totally understandable.

On topic: Everything I've ever heard from Diezel has been pretty awesome, but I can't really be all that helpful on the topic, especially when you haven't really listed what you want to play with it.

Quote by bogg808

Quote by mcraddict81592
You might want to pick a different brand then.

Also, your english could use some work...

Yeah sorry , Im french , and my english is very bad
It's all good, we're a pretty international community. What kind of stuff are you planning to play with it?

Quote by bogg808

While they (Diezel amps) are indeed great. Unless money means nothing, it has the EXACT tone you want, or you just want their name on your amp, they are way over priced....as many amps are.
They are free to charge whatever they want, and they seem to be selling OK.
PERSONALLY, I won't spend over $2500 for an amp...usually a LOT less. But that's me.
Eventually, the player dictates the sound as much as the amp.
Case and point: A local band here has a VERY good lead guitarist. In the last 6 months, this guy has had 3 different amps. First a Marshal JVM, then a Splawn (not sure WHICH splawn) and now a Peavey XXX.
And for the most part, his tone hasn't changed noticeably. And it's NOT that he is running pedals through the clean channels, he is using clean and distortion channels on all of the amps.
If you can get the same basic tone out of an XXX...why spend the $$$ on a Splawn or JVM?
Maybe YOU can't get your tone on an XXX and you can only find it on the Deizel...then again, maybe you CAN find it somewhere else (i.e. as mentioned on say a Road King....or even A Carvin V3).

Short answer to the topic question " Diezel VH-4S amp worth the price ?" Only you can decide that.
Ibanez RGR421EXFM, Michael Kelley Vex NV, Ovation Celebrity. Carvin V3
Peavey 412M w/Eminence Wizards & Swamp Thangs, Rocktron Hush Super C, Furman PL-8C,15 band EQ, Boosta grande, ISP Decimator, Dano EQ, Ibanez TBX 150,TC Elec Polytune
Quote by Syl0sis
Yeah sorry , Im french , and my english is very bad

Its far better than my French.

C'est tres bon!

The VH4 is an epic amp, and worth the money, if your after that clinical almost dry sort of tone.

1977 Burny FLG70
2004 EBMM JP6
2016 SE Holcolmb
Quote by mcraddict81592
It's all good, we're a pretty international community. What kind of stuff are you planning to play with it?

Well , I just wanted to know if it worth the price, cause its really expensive , Well the stuff I play its between rock alternative and Metal , I like a very nice clean and cruch sound, and a big distortion like august burns red
you're French??

BUY IT, BUY IT NOW

forget my previous post, VH4-S is a much better option than the Roadking over here in Europe
Tom Anderson Guitarworks

Mayones Guitars

Suhr Guitars

Mesa Boogie

Friedman Amplification

Fractal Audio Systems

Quote by Bladed-Vaults
*Bane voice* ahhh yes. The br00tz, I was born with it. Molded by it. I didnt know of the light until I was already a man.
Quote by shredftw
you're French??

BUY IT, BUY IT NOW

forget my previous post, VH4-S is a much better option than the Roadking over here in Europe

I forget to specify , Im a French Canadian (Quebec) lol
Quote by GS LEAD 5

BOO

RoadKing > Axe
Ibanez RGR421EXFM >> Maxon OD808 >> BOSS NS-2 >> Peavey 5150 212
Last edited by DroptuneD at Mar 25, 2011,
Quote by Syl0sis
I forget to specify , Im a French Canadian (Quebec) lol

ohhh, then Roadking. The Midi stuff is really good but its like $1500US more than a Roadking and you could just get another amp or guitar for that. i'd play it and see what you think tho, in fact play the roadking too and choose
Tom Anderson Guitarworks

Mayones Guitars

Suhr Guitars

Mesa Boogie

Friedman Amplification

Fractal Audio Systems

Quote by Bladed-Vaults
Quote by GS LEAD 5

you say axefx for everything
some people want hot tubes

eww that sounded wrong

Also germans like to percision engineer stuff
i haven't tried the stereo version, but the normal version i tried was very nice, though also very expensive.

However, I wasn't too fussed on the cleans- if you need really nice cleans you might need to look elsewhere.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by Darkflame
okay, sorry then I know english is my 2nd language, and it really irritates me when people are arrogant about it. Not saying you were, though, but it's the internet, you can't always know what people think

Don't take it personally - half the people on here are ****ing terrible at it and it's their native tongue.
Everyone is entitled to an opinion.

Feel free to express yours so I can make an informed judgement about how stupid you are.
Quote by Darkflame
^I'm french as wellllll
and so what if I liked a frontman? I like my stuff better, and my amps are lightyears ahead of the frontman =D
I'm allowed to like sucky gear, but still like better gear better, am I not? =p

Chill, its just kinda weird to hear someone like a Frontman XD
Then again, I liked my MG at one point of time

Quote by DroptuneD
BOO

RoadKing > Axe

Axe-into- Mesa 2:90 > Road King
Last edited by GS LEAD 5 at Mar 25, 2011,
Quote by GS LEAD 5
Axe-into- Mesa 2:90 > Road King

wow your life must really suck to think that
Tom Anderson Guitarworks

Mayones Guitars

Suhr Guitars

Mesa Boogie

Friedman Amplification

Fractal Audio Systems

Quote by Bladed-Vaults
Quote by shredftw
wow your life must really suck to think that

Everyone is entitled to an opinion.

Feel free to express yours so I can make an informed judgement about how stupid you are.
I just want to be clear on this before I go into it with to much detail: are you actually interested in buying this amp, because it's clear you've just bought a Line6 Vetta II not so long ago?

The VH4 is an amazing amplifier from start to finish. People complain about the dry and 'cold', somewhat sterile nature of the distortion, but people have to remember that modern rock is not for everybody, and neither are the tones.

Also, people bitch and moan about the fourth channel having too much compression. The VH4 (Van Halen / Four Channels) is designed to offer an entire experience from start to finish. It is designed to cover clean to light crunch tones on the first channel, crunch to hard rock on the second, crunch to high gain on the third (my personal favourite), and super high gain br00tz to thick and liquid lead tones on the fourth channel. If you don't use the amp that way, you're bound to have a slightly negative reaction.

For those that live Stateside, Diezel amps are extremely expensive. Their importation of the gear and pricing structure is really, really bad. Diezel should really sort it out, in my opinion. But Peter Diezel and Peter Stapfer, the owners themselves, are actually really, really nice people. I trust their company and trust that they have a good reason for not pushing forward with a proper American distribution and easy set-up.

Regarding the amp again, the clean channel is not as warm or organic as the Herbert, Diezel's flagship amp. But it is certainly capable of bullying something as bland as a Peavey 5150 in that field to death. When pushed really hard, it can also produce a very sweet, typically Diezel break-up, something that is made even more awesome and accentuated on the new Diezel Schmidt, a better amp in my opinion.

The crunch channel is fun, I guess. It doesn't sound that different than the clean channel, really. It simply offers a little more gain. The third channel, though, is fantastic. It is very versatile, simply by the way in which the volume, gain pot and master volume work together in unison. It is very aggressive, very tight, and very percussive. If you like modern metal, this channel would be perfect for that.

Channel four is a lead channel. It has boatloads of gain and an overt level of compression and bass, which is perfect for smoothing out your lead work. It is not particularly ideal for rhythm playing, as the compression and bass turn the amp into something a little mushier than most of us would like.

Like I said, though, if you learn to give the amp its space and learn to work with it rather than against it, it can be a friend for life.
Quote by Dave_Mc
i haven't tried the stereo version, but the normal version i tried was very nice, though also very expensive.

However, I wasn't too fussed on the cleans- if you need really nice cleans you might need to look elsewhere.
Agreed! I had the H&K TriAmp MK II, replaced it with the VH4, and now I'm back with the TriAmp. I liked the H&K's "Clean/Crunch" more.

At the end of the day, it's all personal (and the speakers in your cabs) when you start hitting these higher price points.

The other guitarist in my band uses one.. I like it for what he plays.. I had the opportunity to get one but I passed and I'm just waiting on my amp man (seriously, my friend trades and deals heads and has a new one every day I don't know how, but he does) to come across me an Uberschall.
Plus you could probably get it much cheaper since you live in France.. He paid 5 grand for his used at Guitar Center.. He should have waited since I found the one I thought about getting for 2,300 on eBay.
But, yeah. I think you will like it. They are pretty darn versatile, but easy to dial in. I've heard about fifteen different sounds coming from it with him just turning knobs and goofing off.
Awesome!
what i would do (and am in the process of doing) is find an amp with the OD just how you like it (me my Nitro or Promod, depending how i feel), than pick out a second clean amp. i am scouting for a fuchs clean machine, and use an A/B to switch from the dirt on the splawn and the cleans on the fuchs.

if i could get away from my new amp building addiction i would have already had the fuchs. just a thought.

splawn nitro ~$1400 used, fuchs clean machine ~$1000 used tops, hopefully less. and have the perfect rig.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/
Wut. The Fuchs Clean Machine is a minimum of $3k new. Where are you finding used ones for $1k or less?
E-peen:
Rhodes Gemini
Fryette Ultra Lead
Peavey 6505
THD Flexi 50

Gibson R0 Prototype
EBMM JP13 Rosewood
Fender CS Mary Kaye

WTLT

(512) Audio Engineering - Custom Pedal Builds, Mods and Repairs
Quote by mmolteratx
Wut. The Fuchs Clean Machine is a minimum of $3k new. Where are you finding used ones for $1k or less?

i saw one on CL when i didn't have the money that needed new tubes. or i should have mentioned that i like the cleans enough on an ODS to get one of them, those are an easy grand or maybe a tad under.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/
Quote by trashedlostfdup
what i would do (and am in the process of doing) is find an amp with the OD just how you like it (me my Nitro or Promod, depending how i feel), than pick out a second clean amp. i am scouting for a fuchs clean machine, and use an A/B to switch from the dirt on the splawn and the cleans on the fuchs.

if i could get away from my new amp building addiction i would have already had the fuchs. just a thought.

splawn nitro ~$1400 used, fuchs clean machine ~$1000 used tops, hopefully less. and have the perfect rig.

Because all of us want to carry two amps to every gig we play.....
Ibanez SIR27
Pod HD500x

RIP:
Mesa Boogie Roadster 2x12 combo
Cmatmods analog chorus, phaser, tremoglo, signa drive, butah, and deeelay
walrus Audio Descent
Page 1 of 2