so to add to my guitar collection, i bought this today.

well... not this... but the contents of it.

it's a Fender 'Deluxe' Gig Bag

but there's a surprise

it doesn't contain a Fender!!!

yep, it's an epi!

can you tell which one it is yet?

yes...

no...

maybe...

lemme give you a clue

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

yep, it's a G400 SG

sexy huh?

the ONLY thing that makes it look not-stock is this one thing.

the input jack has a slight crack around it so the previous owner (Rob) put a washer over it, and it looks great as non-professional repairs go!

now for a review.

bought second hand, so didn't expect perfection, but to be honest, i got pretty damn close.

played one of these before, a couple of my friends have them, and they play very well!

action was great, no issues there, no fret buzz, no bowing, arching or warping in the neck, intonation is great as well.

wasn't perfectly in tune but 30 seconds of plugging it into a tuner sorted that out.
though it does go out of tune quite quickly but thats because the strings aren't wrapped around the tuning pegs enough (once at best) so just gonna swap the strings for a set i have at home (currently at girlfriends so can't do it today) and it should stay in tune perfectly, especially as it has grover tuners!

only played it through my pocket pod, haven't had a chance to play it through my full rig (as listed in sig) yet. but will do as soon as i get home, but through the pocketpod & sennheiser headphones it's fantastic. just what i need for my current ACDC fascination!

so price to quality ratio = 100% 10/10 "spot on" whatever you wanna say, it was f'king awesome!

now you're wondering what i paid aren't you?

£75

yes, you read that right.

seventy five great british pounds sterling.

for a £290 guitar.

ree zult.
Belief is a beautiful armour but makes for the heaviest sword.
Last edited by Dempsey68 at Mar 25, 2011,
nice! hngd
"I have good eye-sight, insight, and foresight. How could an
intelligent hare make such a silly mistake?"
cheers guys
Wish I'd gotten mine for that price!

HNGD!
Woah. Why such a lack of /sg/?
Quote by one vision
Salads are good.
Wow! That's one great deal. I've always preferred Fender to Gibson/Epiphone but SGs are my one exception. I've always wanted a sot of sky bluey coloured one.
HNGD
Gear:
Fender American Tele (Lefty)
Squier Affinity Strat (Lefty)
Boss DS-1
EHX Small Clone
Fender Hot Rod Deluxe
Laney LG12
Danelectro FAB Flanger (Rubbish)
Quote by I'mOnAPlain
Wow! That's one great deal. I've always preferred Fender to Gibson/Epiphone but SGs are my one exception. I've always wanted a sot of sky bluey coloured one.
HNGD

yeh same, it's by no means my #1 guitar, that's my fender strat, but it's definitely a contestant for #2 xD

Quote by habsfan13
Wish I'd gotten mine for that price!

HNGD!

yeh if i'd have had to pay full price (£290) i wouldn't have bothered, but £205 off RRP for a small flaw, yes please =P