I got a job 2 weeks ago as a waiter at a cafe after quitting my job in February because my boss was an asshole to me.

And now once again I'm stuck in a job where my boss is a complete **** to me thinking that he can speak to me however he likes because he pays me. Today for example I accidentally missed something off someones order so he walked up to me and asked "did you do this?" So I said I had and he just rolled his eyes said nothing to me and walked to the manager and started talking about how I messed up.

Then I was helping to set up for the evening and they were talking and I was waiting for them to give me a job and he just turns to me and says "If your not going to do any work then go, I don't ****ing pay you to stand around."

Also on my first day he didn't even say hello to me or ask me how I was doing he just ignored me got his coffee and went upstairs again.

Obviously I'm going to quit as soon as I can sort out getting my Mcdonalds job back but I don't understand how every private business I've worked in the owner has treated me like he owns me because he pays me.

Does anyone else work in a private business and get treated like this? Or am I just overreacting and need to learn to just take it and carry on?
I had a boss that would suck my dick every time I walked into work. She was great and all, but it really hurt productivity.
Quote by Brendan.Pivin
My boss's at Mc Donalds are the nicest people you could find

I know that's why I'm going to try and get my job back there. It may be shit pay but I used to get on really well with the managers and would meet them when I went out, went on holiday with some of them and go to the same music festivals.

It may be shit pay and hard work when It's busy but it's the most fun I've had at work when I worked there.
Quote by Greenie_777
And now once again I'm stuck in a job where my boss is a complete **** to me thinking that he can speak to me however he likes because he pays me.

Yeah.... he pretty much can.

That's part of the suck of work. You have to put up with a lot of shit, even shit not related to your actual duties, for the money. You're going to have to learn to bury it and just keep working. You hate your boss? So does most of the working world.

You are standing in an open field west of a white house, with a boarded front door.
There is a small mailbox here.

Steam: | PSN: Zeroxxed | Twitter:
Quote by Kilobyte
Yeah.... he pretty much can.

That's part of the suck of work. You have to put up with a lot of shit, even shit not related to your actual duties, for the money. You're going to have to learn to bury it and just keep working. You hate your boss? So does most of the working world.

I only have to put up with it for another 2 months and then I join the army. I know that everyone above me will be screaming at me but at least I'll be with others going through the same. Plus I'll be safe in the knowledge that after 4-5 years I'll be the one doing the shouting.

If it was a full time job then maybe I'd suck it up and take it but i'm literally doing it so I can go out and pay my car insurance for the next 2 months.
I had a pretty bad boss once, he used to make me and my co-workers work non-stop without any real directions. I think he had some sort of megalomania. The tasks were incredibly repetitive as well, outright dangerous. The working conditions were pretty shitty, the only good point was working outdoors most of the time in the sun, even though you mostly only saw bricks everywhere. Anyways that's all over now that Mario took care of him.
████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
Quote by Kensai
I had a pretty bad boss once, he used to make me and my co-workers work non-stop without any real directions. I think he had some sort of megalomania. The tasks were incredibly repetitive as well, outright dangerous. The working conditions were pretty shitty, the only good point was working outdoors most of the time in the sun, even though you mostly only saw bricks everywhere. Anyways that's all over now that Mario took care of him.

Oh god I did not see that one coming.
My boss will sometimes speak down to me like I'm a child, that pisses me off, as I'm the hardest worker there.
Quote by Kensai
You'll find whisky very different, but try it and you'll grow into it, soon you and whisky are one, but still two, lovers dancing across a frozen lake under moonlight, wrapped in honey and warmth.

Sums up whisky perfectly
I hear about people who have great bosses.
I hear stories about a friend who works at McDonald's whose boss seems to just **** about all day, apparently one day he tried walking around with a box on his head cos he thought the idea was hilarious.

I also hear about someone who works in the cinema having a great time with all the workers there.

The three days I worked at subway the boss seemed fairly chill, but he didn't tell me any of the shit I had to do, and a co-worker who was at equal level to me seemed to think she could bitch me about cos she'd been there a bit longer...hence why I quit after three days...
This guy was a dick:

Edit: After reading the OP, my ex-boss at McDonald's was just like that. I told him I didn't have to take his shit and quit in the middle of my shift. Just remember that he/she is really angry at themselves so they take it out on everyone else.
“Science cannot solve the ultimate mystery of nature. And that is because, in the last analysis, we ourselves are part of nature and therefore part of the mystery that we are trying to solve.”

-Max Planck

☮∞☯♥
Last edited by metal4all at Mar 25, 2011,
Quote by Punk_Ninja
I hear about people who have great bosses.
I hear stories about a friend who works at McDonald's whose boss seems to just **** about all day, apparently one day he tried walking around with a box on his head cos he thought the idea was hilarious.

I also hear about someone who works in the cinema having a great time with all the workers there.

The three days I worked at subway the boss seemed fairly chill, but he didn't tell me any of the shit I had to do, and a co-worker who was at equal level to me seemed to think she could bitch me about cos she'd been there a bit longer...hence why I quit after three days...

Yea mcdonalds kicks ass. There was this stupid kid who worked there and my manager went into the store shed and led down and we put boxes on him so it looked like there had been an accident and then the other manager sent the kid to the shed.

He screamed like crazy and looked so scared it was ****ing hilarious. Also we made a massive snow dick in the car park and got paid for doing it.

Can't wait to get my Mcjob back.
I am the boss.
Muahahahaha
Get back to work bitches.
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew
You should be careful what you say. Some asshole will probably sig it.

Quote by Axelfox
Yup, a girl went up to me in my fursuit one time.

Quote by Xiaoxi
I can fap to this. Keep going.
Quote by Greenie_777
Yea mcdonalds kicks ass. There was this stupid kid who worked there and my manager went into the store shed and led down and we put boxes on him so it looked like there had been an accident and then the other manager sent the kid to the shed.

He screamed like crazy and looked so scared it was ****ing hilarious. Also we made a massive snow dick in the car park and got paid for doing it.

I hear loads of cool stories about McDonalds workers, but to be honest, the closest one to me is full of complete dicks for workers, and the customers would probably drive me to my limit. And of course the preparation of fast food isn't what I'm looking for in a job! (Though I'd go McDonalds over Subway anyday, getting paid minimum wage for taking 5 minutes to prepare someone's sandwhich then get complained at despite following exactly what they asked? **** that.)
Quote by zdh
So that's why service is so shitty at McDonald's.
When you work your butt off just to get paid minimum wage while get talked shit to by your managers and every customer - yes, that's why service sucks.
“Science cannot solve the ultimate mystery of nature. And that is because, in the last analysis, we ourselves are part of nature and therefore part of the mystery that we are trying to solve.”

-Max Planck

☮∞☯♥
My Current job: Bouncer

The owner frequently sits at the bar drinking wine all night, gets drunk. Then tells me to do stupid shit or blames me for stupid shit that I have no control over.

eg.

Near the end of the night during events where tickets are sold at the door, I fold up the ticket table and sit it against the wall behind me then move the chairs around the corner ( It's not my job at all to do anything with the ticket table). I would move it to the storage area but I can't leave the door.

A few weeks ago the manager comes to me and says " WHY IS THIS TABLE STILL HERE ( I had already put it out of the way) AND MOVE THESE CHAIRS.

me: Ok, sir.

Owner: BUT DON"T LEAVE THE DOOR YOU NEED TO BE AT THE DOOR AT ALL TIMES.

me: I don't understand how I can do both.

Owner: GET SOMEONE ELSE TO DO IT.

me: but I can't leave the door?

Next day some people come in, see that the entire bar is empty ( because the owner wont spend money promoting the place and charges 6 bucks a pint).

Owner: WHY DID THEY LEAVE?

me: Well they mentioned it wasn't busy and decided to leave.

Owner: DID YOU DO ANYTHING TO STOP THEM?

me: I don't think I can force them to stay in the building....

This is on top of me being overly courteous and opening the door and greeting every customer, which is not at all part of my job.

and yes, it's i ncaps because my drunken boss speaks very loudly/disrespectfully towards me.
sigh...
What did you guys expect?

People will abuse their power any chance they get, especially a boss/manager of a smaller establishment. Just remember, the highlight of that guys life will be that he got promoted to manager. Nothing more.
Is it high pressure working at mcdonalds? I'm just about the age to get a job, but I'm afraid I would buckle under the pressure of a shit load of fat people bitching about the pickles I forgot to put on the burger.
Honk
I'm not sure I even have any bosses, I work with 3 women in a pre-school and they've been there for much longer though and they each got 30+ experience in pre-schools.

Quote by Mukersman
Is it high pressure working at mcdonalds? I'm just about the age to get a job, but I'm afraid I would buckle under the pressure of a shit load of fat people bitching about the pickles I forgot to put on the burger.

High pressure or not it's still a good experience, plus you'll get paid. Who cares about anal retentitive customers getting pissed, you'll get that in every service job.
████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
Quote by Mukersman

How much do you 'hate' people? Personally, I could NEVER work at a job like that because if someone did say something like 'I ASKED FOR NO PICKLES' in a condescending voice, I wouldn't be able to contain myself.

If you are a 'rubbery' kind of person (as in you don't let it affect you) it would be great. If stuff like that would slowly rot you from the inside out, leading you to become a serial killer...well that's self-explanatory.
I've had very good experiences with bosses in the places I've worked with them directly. Especially at this bake shop I used to do the heavy work at. I just moved the heavy stuff, cleaned dishes, and worked the register while the women did most of the baking. My boss was pretty incredible. Small business is the way to go, undoubtedly.
Quote by Mukersman
It would depend how much business the restaurant gets. It's worth every bit of experience, though. Once you can look someone straight in the eye while they're cursing at you over something pathetic that wasn't even your fault and not let it bother you, it's great. It only gets better from there.

-Max Planck

☮∞☯♥
i used to work in an alcohol wholesalers and my boss would let me bring home stock that was almost out of date or if one of the bottles in the case broke so i know how it feels to have a sh!t boss
ಠ_ಠ
<|>
/ω\

Tell me what nation on this earth, was not born of tragedy-Primordial
That first boss at the Forest Temple in Ocarina of Time sucked balls.
Quote by Greenie_777
Does anyone else work in a private business and get treated like this? Or am I just overreacting and need to learn to just take it and carry on?

You pretty much do, yeah. You're being paid with an expectation to do a job. In most cases, this means that if you know what to do, don't stand around - just go do it, and if you don't, take some responsibility for yourself and ASK what needs to be done, instead of waiting for them to take notice of you.

Quote by Greenie_777

Also on my first day he didn't even say hello to me or ask me how I was doing he just ignored me got his coffee and went upstairs again.

It's his job to ensure the smooth running and ultimate success of the business. Not to make small talk with his employees. Sometimes they have better things to do than talk, believe it or not.

Quote by Greenie_777

When people in positions of power are getting less than the mean salary for that employment sector/industry, they have a habit of really not giving a shit about what everyone does. Being multinational has its benefits, as the owner/person with the most invested in the success of the company usually isn't on site. There's also a reason why people don't last long in lower management at McDonalds - they either get fed up with the shit pay and leave, or get fired for being useless, and the next person in line moves on up.
Quote by Ur all $h1t
I furiously masturbate on public transportation.
I work in a leisure center as a pool attendant, all the staff are great apart from the manager who is incompetent, annoying and completely tactless, He is also always coming up with half baked ideas and tells us he has a dream "to bring people together through sport" Anything he does results in disaster, we all try to get rid of him, but no matter how many council inspectors come round he somehow keeps his job. We just want rid of him.

Quote by Mukersman

You get into a good McDs you'll be set for a good time with a fine job.
Just hope to god it's not a Franchisee's store because they're shit.

I've worked at McDs for 3 years now and the work is so easy i can chat with co-workers even when it's at it's busiest, which it is at my store since we have the highest amount fo drive thru orders in my county I do believe.
I remember in some Hercules game for the N64. The boss was terrible. I was with my friend and out comes this huge terrifying boss and we haven't saved for awhile so we paused it and got all nervous and prepared we walked to the store to get mt dew so we would be ready. Got back, I pressed start and ran around this fire fountain to try and find out what i need to do and the boss falls in and kills itself. Needless to say we laughed.
Hello Will You Be My Freind?
Quote by guitar-guy69
i knocked a girl up once but thank the lord it died inside her

Quote by guitar-guy69
Guitar-guy69 your the best

Quote by guitar-guy69
my penis floats when its in the water so it always looks hard

Hello my name is guy i like my women naked and aroused lol