Beyond Creation are a technical/progressive death metal band from Montreal.
They have a new album called "The Aura" coming out this year. I've heard it and it rules.
The band features ex-Augury, ex-Quo Vadis, and ex-Vengeful bass player Dominic "Forest" La Pointe. His playing on the new album is absolutely phenomenal.

http://www.myspace.com/beyondcreationofficial
Definitely give these guys a listen if you enjoy Augury, Martyr, Neuraxis, incredible bass playing or if you were disappointed by the new Obscura record
Great band, I rescently gave them a listen, definitly worth it. And yeah, the new album is killer
Myspace player wasn't working earlier for some reason, but I'm checking some tunes out now. The production and vocals sound incredibly similar to Neuraxis' new album although the bass is way more audible, and interesting for that matter. Good stuff!
Great bass but shite drums, deffinitely enjoyable sruff on the whole though. Good rec
Also your guitar is sexual.
and I don't care if I live or die,
because I ain't ever going to no other side,
there ain't no heaven and there ain't no hell,
but I am a sinner so it's all just as well
Great local band, been following them for awhile
People think that entertainers are very different from regular people, but we're not. You work hard for your money, we work hard for your money -Gene Simmons

Seven String Legion

Quote by ctfod
Ov Bone and the Marrow

Interpret, Adapt, Overcome.
Just finished hearing the album. Quite impressive, although I must say that I did not anticipate the -core elements. The stuff they put up initially on myspace didn't feature the chugga chugga stuff as prominently as the album. Still, it was used in a tasteful way as opposed to overbearing way.

The songwriting was quite nice too; the wanking never being prioritized over writing a decent song. Even the mellow/clean parts fit quite well with seamless transitions between passages.

Musicianship on the record was top-notch. Every member seems to be doing their own thing whilst detracting little from the music itself. Both the guitarists and the bassist exchange solos frequently without overpowering each other or taking away from the song. The drummer varies things quite a bit and this was a pleasant surprise. Also, this is Forest's best work. Ever.

Production was incredibly amazing with the exception of the drums being a bit too thin. But for a debut album being released on a new label, the production is phenomenal.

My only gripe with the album would be the -core parts. They either help the song vary its pace and intensity or just rudely interrupt an otherwise decent passage. The flaw itself is negligible but the album is so good that such flaws are made painfully obvious.

As said by Annihilator666, get this album if you like Canadian Death Metal (Neuraxis, Quo Vadis, Martyr, Augury, etc). You will not regret it. Plus, it's only $12 you cheap bastards .
that sure is an unscrupulously ridiculous band name though.
but good stuff. not as good as martyr, but i dig it more than neuraxis.
Quote by Magero
I am a deathcore musician. I am above mere mortal minds.
Bump, as I've been listening to the album on loop for a month now, more people need to listen to this band.
All I want is for everyone to go to hell...
...It's the last place I was seen before I lost myself

Quote by DisarmGoliath
You can be the deputy llamma of the recordings forum!
yeah this is a bad ass band for sure... reminds me of Necrophagist in a way.

Quote by Stranglehold
He swallowed black nail polish and shat the word 'motherfucker' onto a non-metal kid. Rad.

Quote by severed-metal
You can dress a woman slutty, but she's not a slut. Understand?

living inside a drop only to die in an ocean
Wait, they have a member of Quo Vadis? I KNEW there had to be some ties to that band. I felt it man.

Great band though, listening to The Aura and it's amazing. <3

Love their sense of Melody yet still remaining rather technical. Chromatic Horizons is short but beautiful.
Quote by Morphogenesis26

Love their sense of Melody yet still remaining rather technical. Chromatic Horizons is short but beautiful.

Probably my favourite song on the album

Quote by DisarmGoliath
Quote by destroy_techno
They're okay.. Chromatic Horizons is great, but the rest is hardly up to that standard..

If there's anything they should change from my perspective, it's the odd Necrophagist random riffs they throw in. It's cool when there's some direction to it but it just seems like there are moments where it's just tossed in there so to keep a "Tech Death" sound.
I see your point on that, but I think it's done quite tastefully.

Actually no I don't I just ignore it and listen to the Bass.

/mediocreopinion
Bleh. This band is... Well, better than your average modern Tech Death band.

That still isnt saying a whole lot.

And for the record, I listened to The Aura. All of it. Once. And couldn't, and still can't, remember anything about it.
Quote by MoogleRancha
It's like Fenriz and J. Read

"I'm so happy to love metal and stuff"

"I AM metal"
Quote by Steve08
If you only listen to a band for a single musician involved, you're a dingus.

That is all.

Who said they did?
Quote by Morphogenesis26
Who said they did?
Uh... well, you did?

Perhaps not exactly the way I phrased, but more or less...

Quote by Morphogenesis26
I see your point on that, but I think it's done quite tastefully.

Actually no I don't I just ignore it and listen to the Bass.

/mediocreopinion
Only paying attention to one instrument is like eating one component of a pizza. It's BAD!!!!!1
The bass is the best part though. I don't just listen to the bass, but when it really stands out it makes me happy.

Quote by DisarmGoliath
Been enjoying The Aura a lot recently; I regret dismissing it so eagerly. Some of the aesthetics are definitely still annoying, such as the typewriter drums and compressed guitars, but the riffs are fascinating and I find the songs are structured quite nicely. Well, most of the songs; some of them are a bit too spastic and spontaneous to retain coherence. Anyway, the soloing is tasteful and elegant, some of the transitions flow extremely well, the vocals are strong, etc. I also agree with the majority opinion that the bass work is exemplary; Forest deserves much praise.

Speaking of which, Forest has apparently returned to Augury according to Metal Archives. What are they up to? I demand a third Augury opus.
Last edited by P1ayingW1thF1re at Sep 19, 2012,