Is there anything the Pit can't watch/listen to/read/ ect. because it brings back bad or painful memories?

For example, I can barely listen to certain bands because of ex's who loved them and were the reason I first heard of them
Quote by supersac
ive won an argument with a girl but then i still lost
Quote by rgrockr
I guess that's why my ass was sore when I woke up this morning.

It is now my goal to get skylerjames13 to BURN OUT
Every thread I touch closes
I ENJOY SKAAAAAAA
Quote by thefunk
For example, I can barely listen to certain bands because of ex's who loved them and were the reason I first heard of them

Same here. It's mainly certain songs and bands. And that's... About it.
The obligatory songs/bands, but also Food Network and Kraft Mac and Cheese.

Quote by imdeth
You're like internet Jesus!

This signature feels so empty now.
Quote by thefunk

That's pretty much it :\
Quote by CaptainCanti
it wouldn't surprise me if UG goes down within the next couple months, along with other privately owned sites

December 14, 2017
Quote by thefunk

this
Last edited by blake1221 at Mar 25, 2011,
Quote by RG5EX1
The obligatory songs/bands, but also Food Network and Kraft Mac and Cheese.

I'm truly sorry for your loss.

On a completely different note, I avoid Burger King because the last time I had it I puked for times in the span of about 2 hours and it was the worst tasting shit imaginable.
Last edited by FrauVfromPoB at Mar 25, 2011,
I cant listen to a certain song because it was my ex's ringtone every time she called me
Listens to Jazz

Quote by Local666Union
each time I piss in the dark I'm afraid that some wierd plant is going to eat my dick

I played almost completely through Half-Life 2 and two expansions for it while listening to Disturbed.

Every time I listen to them, especially the Believe album, I picture poorly rendered (by today's standards) giant bugs, swat teams, and zombies running at me. It's horrifying...

In all seriousness, I now find it hard to listen to the band because of this. It's just sort of annoying...
I can't listen to Four Year Strong without getting really angry, because my old band used to cover them a whole lot, and I spent nearly every waking moment proacticing their songs. I literally know how to play every single one of their songs, because I made sure I understood their chord progressions and scales etc.

Then I got kicked out for no real reason, so I put all that effort in for nothing, as I'll never use that type of music for songwriting inspiration again. Its made me a better guitarist, but that style of pop punk/hardcore makes me really pissed off, because of how I was treated by my dickish ex band members.
certain tv shows...we used to watch em together and its not right to watch em myself
Quote by KYmonster
certain tv shows...we used to watch em together and its not right to watch em myself

This. No more Cowboy Bebop or Operation Ivy for me. It's been rough, because that was what my life was basically based around
Quote by supersac
ive won an argument with a girl but then i still lost
Quote by rgrockr
I guess that's why my ass was sore when I woke up this morning.

It is now my goal to get skylerjames13 to BURN OUT
Every thread I touch closes
I ENJOY SKAAAAAAA
Certain songs that I used to listen to during this period of my life where my ex-stepdad used to beat my mum when we lived with him & other stuff. Yeeeaaahhhhhhhh.
Also, I used to play Blackbird by the Beatles to my ex alot, because she liked it so much. Now every time I play that song I remember that half way through and get depressed.

**** you paul mccartney.
Listens to Jazz

Quote by Local666Union
each time I piss in the dark I'm afraid that some wierd plant is going to eat my dick

I know this sounds a little exaggerated, but it's the complete truth...
A few years ago I was getting a cavity filled. the dentist had the radio on. As soon as the drilling began, Boulevard of Broken Dreams by Green Day came on.
About a year later, my grandmother was sick in the hospital. I was in my room listening to music, when... you guessed it, that song started playing on my ipod. (and to add to the creepiness, it was on shuffle) my dad came into my room about 1 minute into the song. he told me that my grandmother had just passed away.
and another time, my dad was driving my friends and I to a campsite out of state. It was very very dark (no streetlights on country roads) and... the song came on. my dad turned onto the wrong road, we became terribly lost and it took us hours to get back on track.

At least it wasn't a good song that I listen to often.
FORZA CATANIA
Last edited by jonathan666666 at Mar 25, 2011,
Quote by FrauVfromPoB
I'm truly sorry for your loss.

On a completely different note, I avoid Burger King because the last time I had it I puked for times in the span of about 2 hours and it was the worst tasting shit imaginable.

This except it was Taco Bell for me.

STಠ_ಠ
I can't listen to Humbug album by Arctic Monkeys without thinking of Fallout 3, it was the only album I had on my Xbox at that point... In retrospect, those were amazing times.
dirtbag ballet by the bins down the alley
as i walk through the chalet of the shadow of death
everything that you've come to expect

I can't play any Mario game anymore or listen to the Beatles. Those things usually led to sex.

Really, I didn't play or listen to either much anyways :p
Derpy Derp Derp Herp Derp
AFI......I have a rough time listening to them now. That was what I was listened to every time I had sex with my last girlfriend.
Some people just wanna watch the world burn. Wanna join me when I take my turn to pour the gas, light the match, see your world flip upside down and drop until it's inside out?
I wouldn't say an entire band, but there are certain songs I can't listen to due to them being 'our' songs between me and my ex who I was with for just under a year. There are a few others, like walking a specific route because that's the one that we always used to walk down, and now when I do go down there, it just reminds me of her.

But away from the usual ex girlfriend memories, I can't play stairway to heaven on guitar without nearly crying because it was my grandads favourite song, and it made him very happy when I played it.

L.F.C
Quote by tubatom868686
One time I sneezed and pooped in my pants at someones house. It fell down my pantleg onto the floor. I blamed it on the dog. They believed me
There are one or two songs that I listen to which kind of bring back memories of splitting up with my ex. One was her myspace song strangely because I was alittle bit bat shit crazy at the time and kept checking it.

Also paper super mario for the wii is painful to even think about playing because I played it alot at the time we split up.

Nickleback- Too Bad and Puddle of Mudd- Blurry remind me of my parents splitting up.

Edit: Frank Sinatra reminds me of my grandads funeral, particularly My Way =(
Quote by GezzyDiversion
Sadokun: Eating cardboard never tasted this good!

Quote by Otis Lee Crenshaw
Billy Ray Cyrus? Billy Ray Cyrus is about as f****** country as a bag of f****** wet mice, alright?
Last edited by Sadokun at Mar 25, 2011,
I can't watch the clip of Disturbed's Inside the Fire. Brings back horrifying memories of my own attempts at suicide and, worse and more vivid, the attempt a lifelong friend of mine which I managed to prevent at the very last moment as i walked in on him. Don't want to go into more detail for exactly the same reasons.
If I'm high, does that make me a Flying Dutchman?

Legal weed, windmills, clogs, and speed cameras. Welcome to the Netherlands!