so ive been looking at what seems like every guitar in the world ,heres some specs tell me what you think.

up to 1000$
fixed neck
active or high out put buckers pups
floyd preferably OFR
jumbo frets
and also not black lol all my guitars are black i really need to get out of that.

i currently have a razorback, rr30,westone dimention iv,and a couple acoustics.

i been really looking at dbz bird of pray white/gold and a dean dixi rebel
what ive been looking for is a washburn trend kill or a washburn stealth sorta dont want somthing thats a dime a dozzen
Schecter and Ibanez both have several excellent choices for what you are looking for. Too many specific models to name - check out musiciansfriend.com
Quote by katalyzt13
Schecter and Ibanez both have several excellent choices for what you are looking for. Too many specific models to name - check out musiciansfriend.com

excuse me, I don't think Ibanez has much in the way of fixed necks - I didn't read your post as carefully as I should have.
Do not buy anything import from dean or DBZ - shitty thick sticky necks, deans are especially bad.
I'd go with esp-ltd or ibanez in this price range
Quote by rickysolima
dont want somthing thats a dime a dozzen

well, it's hard to find that unless you go custom....now if you mean uncommon, the DBZ might be a good choice, I can't vouch for their quality though....look into Carvin as well if you're looking for unusual and you could even try for an Agile, they are a pretty unknown company to the general public, yet produce some great guitars

also you might want to invest some of that $1k into a decent grammar book
Quote by EndTheRapture51
Anyway I have technically statutory raped #nice

Quote by EndThecRinge51
once a girl and i promised to never leave each other

since that promise was broken

i dont make promises any more
Quote by gman128
Do not buy anything import from dean or DBZ - shitty thick sticky necks, deans are especially bad.
I'd go with esp-ltd or ibanez in this price range

...excuse me? XD I own a Dean MLX, and honestly the neck's prolly the nicest I've ever played bar a Schecter Damien Elite I played. Opinions, bro. Other people have different ones, I wouldn't touch an ESP neck with a 10 foot pole.

Anyways, what you're describing easily matches most guitar on the market nowadays, honestly. I'd try Ibanez or Schecter, I'm going to order a Schecter tomorrow actually, amazing guitars IMO but some find the necks too big(honestly I find anything smaller uncomfortable, and I'd own an Ibanez RG or three if my hands weren't too big for the necks IMO), and Ibanez is great too but they have thin thin THIIIIIIIN necks, which some love but others, like me, hate. I hear the Ibanez Edge III trem is horrid though, I'd try to stay away from ones with that on it. Not sure what you mean by "fixed neck" though. o_o
Quote by SlayingDragons
Nah, I prefer to tune lower. My tunings usually go into weird Hebrew symbols.
Used Jackson USAs or dish out a couple hundred more for a new one.
Last edited by Immora at Mar 25, 2011,
BC Rich NJ series, they're black but look really damn good with the white binding
Starting Weight: 310, 38.8% Body fat (11/2008, pic in profile)
Latest Weigh in 230.2 14.3% Body fat (4/13/2013)

Pro life, pro gun, health nut, Christian and conservative. I make no apologies if what I say pisses anybody off.
Quote by megano28
well, it's hard to find that unless you go custom....now if you mean uncommon, the DBZ might be a good choice, I can't vouch for their quality though....look into Carvin as well if you're looking for unusual and you could even try for an Agile, they are a pretty unknown company to the general public, yet produce some great guitars
I would've suggested Agile as I think I'm almost expected to now, but they don't have any decent models out right now that fit TS' specs unless he wanted an offset V type thing like the Agile Reaper, and even then that one is black so there's not much options. Unless he wants to go custom waiting until October or December to get it and spending about $1170 + S&H (this price is with EMG or Seymour Duncan Blackouts and an OFR).

Best thing I can tell you TS is to wait another 2-6 weeks perhaps when Agile gets all this year's stock in, where you can get a guitar very similar to this if you wanted. If not, then look into a used Jackson or maybe an ESP Horizon if you can find one for a price barely over your budget. You can also get a decent ESP LTD like the H-1001 FR, or the MH-1000 FR since it isn't really black.

Good luck in your search TS
Last edited by Pat_s1t at Mar 26, 2011,