My Jackson Soloist has a lot of pickup hum from it. As in, its almost unbearable.
Never had a supression/ noise gate pedal

Whats the best one that I can get for under $100?
search for a bargain on a decimator or jump on a smart gate (mxr) if you cant find one.
mojostompboxes.com
i've never had any trouble with my Boss NS-2 if you're looking for a cheapie. Does exactly what it says on the tin!
Gear:-
Mesa Single Rectifier
Marshall DSL50 (In the process of modding!)
Fender 2x12 Deville
Marshall 1960 (V30's)
Gibson SG Standard
Gibson SG Special
Fender 'Marcus Miller' Jazz Bass

My Band
Juturna

Boss NS-2 was a good floor pedal for me. For $100, though, you can buy a good Rocktron rack unit or floor pedal.
Quote by mcjosh
ISP Decimators are pretty popular.

They're good too.
Gear pics

Quote by Cathbard
Bugera cloning Blackstar is a scandal cloaked in a tragedy making love to a nightmare.

This might be too obvious but you might want to check that the guitar is properly grounded or have it checked if you don't know how. Also look into shielding: http://www.guitarnuts.com/wiring/shielding/shield3.php

I used to use a Tele and it would hum and squeal like a little pig and then I got some copper shielding like the article above recommends (they have a separate article for teles at guitarnuts though) and for something like less than $20 and a couple hours of my time it fixed the issue.
www.miraclemaxmusic.com

"Punk is not dead. Punk will only die when corporations can exploit and mass produce it."
Jello Biafra

(so is it dead?)
Thanks, but It has two Seymour Duncan HUMBUCKERS

I also got a strat with single coils that hums a bit, but the pedal will fix these both i expect
That just makes it sound all the more like a grounding problem.
www.miraclemaxmusic.com

"Punk is not dead. Punk will only die when corporations can exploit and mass produce it."
Jello Biafra

(so is it dead?)
if your up to it open the guitar up and check all the grounds and solder points. if not take it to a tech.

either way one should always have a noise suppressor.
isp wins hands downon popularity and quality but the ns2 is great if you are looking on the cheap side.
Live Rig
Michael Kelly Custom Shop Plum Telecaster
Michael Kelly Custom Shop Plum Patriot

EVH 5153 50w
Jet City 2x12
Custom Board

It is NOT trash metal it is tHrash metal...get it right
I agree, that you should check the soldering, make sure your ground is connected.

A noise gate is good to have regardless, but having a bad ground isn't. Check that out.
Spin 'round carousel when your horse isn't screwed in.

My band:
Fractured Instinct
(For fans of Death/Groove/Prog Metal)

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X
It will probably be the wire that is bare, not colored. If your guitar has a trem, it will be easy to find because it will be going from the trem claw to the back (bottom) of the volume pot. It won't be going to one of the terminals (the three prongs sticking off of the pot)

My band:
Fractured Instinct

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X
Quote by Offworld92
It will probably be the wire that is bare, not colored. If your guitar has a trem, it will be easy to find because it will be going from the trem claw to the back (bottom) of the volume pot. It won't be going to one of the terminals (the three prongs sticking off of the pot)

Yea my Jackson has a Floyd Rose. Is it the one that is like melted onto the part with the springs?
Quote by ShredWithEd
Yea my Jackson has a Floyd Rose. Is it the one that is like melted onto the part with the springs?

Yep, that's the one. That's what soldered means.

My band:
Fractured Instinct

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X
So what do i look for? I mean its soldered onto it, but its a bit rusty *25 year old guitar*

I mean it seems to be working.... I expect its from the passive pickups?
My esp with emgs doesn't have one of those soldered wires on it and it doesn't hum at all, yet my fender strat does have it, and it hums a bit, yet not nearly as much as the jackson.

Should I open up the back of the guitar or something? I have NO EXPIRIENCE with wiring a guitar AT ALL! I'm only 13 so I'm kinda dumb. Should I just take it to a shop and ask them to fix it?
Honestly, its never too early to learn. It's really easy, and even cheaper. You can easily waste hundreds taking it to a tech for every wiring problem.

If you want to learn for yourself, look up how to solder guitar, or something like that on youtube. I taught myself that way. I would link you, but I'm on my phone atm.

My band:
Fractured Instinct

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X
I'd check the ground as already mentioned, if that's not your problem and you do need a noise supressor, ISP Decimator is the absolute best for noise coming from your pickups or pedals. To tame your amps natural fizz you'd need to put one in the effects loop and there is better pedals for this job, but for in front ISP is the only way to go.
Quote by Offworld92
Honestly, its never too early to learn. It's really easy, and even cheaper. You can easily waste hundreds taking it to a tech for every wiring problem.

If you want to learn for yourself, look up how to solder guitar, or something like that on youtube. I taught myself that way. I would link you, but I'm on my phone atm.

k. Already took it to the shop though. They are also hooking up a killswitch thats on it too. Ill teach myself on youtube or something though...

Nice sig. I got peavey bandit 112 and esp ltd
Cool let us know if that fixes it! Also I just put a killswitch in a custom guitar I assembled and I love it! So fun!
www.miraclemaxmusic.com

Jello Biafra

(so is it dead?)