I'm looking for a guitar with a string thru bridge, a fixed neck and active pickups. Preferably the neck and body both mahogany. I know there are several Schecters that meet these requirements, but I'm not finding much else.

If you know any models with these features - preferably 24 jumbo frets with ebony or rosewood fret board, also - then please let me know. I can change pickups if the active pickups are horrible, as long as it is already setup to accomodate actives...

Please someone help, I hate the idea of comparison shopping different models in a single brand.
Fixed neck? As opposed to what exactly?

I'll reply with more info eventually by the way.

EDIT: This is actually odd, as there aren't much guitars that meet most or all of those requirements, mostly active routing since actives almost always go hand in hand with a Floyd Rose. Best I can tell you is an ESP LTD EC-1000 or H-1001 FM, only thing is that the H-1001 does have a maple neck.

I guess if you're not in a hurry you could custom order an Agile Septor Elite, which would be about $900 with shipping included (I already got an Atlanta zipcode to calculate shipping. These wouldn't be ready to ship until October or December, but you could get a decent guitar out of it with all your specs (neck-thru, EMGs or Duncan Blackouts, string through bridge, mahogany body, 24 jumbo fret, ebony fretboard). Personally I'd only go that route if you really need to, otherwise production models from another company would suit you best as they would be cheaper by about $50 - $200.

Just keep looking around, you might even find something decent online like on Craigslist. I saw an H-1000 on a California Craigslist last week, $700 for a set-thru 24 fret guitar, with an Amber Sunburst flame maple finish and gold-covered Duncan JB/'59 set. If I lived anywhere near that guy I would buy that shit up ASAP.
Last edited by Pat_s1t at Mar 25, 2011,
Epiphone Les Paul Custom Prophecy:

-Ebony fret board with 24 jumbo frets

-Either 2 Gibson dirty Fingers humbuckers or 2 EMG's (not sure if they are active or passive, i have the one with Gibson pups)

- Amazing finish

-Coil taps on the one with Gibson Pick ups (not sure about the EMG's)

I have had mine a few months, thought it would be a decent Epi to take a gamble on and it payed off, can't speak for the one with EMG's but if you are looking for active they might be and it could be worth a look, i know mine plays like a dream.
http://jacksonguitars.com/products/products.php?group=Soloist-Body&page=1&product=2910104803

I know the spec sheet isn't properly done, but i know for a fact that the old SLS with passives was mahogany body and neck.

Price MAY be over $1000 if it's MIJ
Would be less than $1000 if it's not MIJ.
Quote by Pat_s1t
Fixed neck? As opposed to what exactly?

As opposed to a bolt-on neck.

Quote by lespaul4eveR
Epiphone Les Paul Custom Prophecy:

-Ebony fret board with 24 jumbo frets

-Either 2 Gibson dirty Fingers humbuckers or 2 EMG's (not sure if they are active or passive, i have the one with Gibson pups)

- Amazing finish

-Coil taps on the one with Gibson Pick ups (not sure about the EMG's)

I have had mine a few months, thought it would be a decent Epi to take a gamble on and it payed off, can't speak for the one with EMG's but if you are looking for active they might be and it could be worth a look, i know mine plays like a dream.

That is a beautiful guitar but the bridge isn't string thru body...thanks, though.

Quote by siverstorm
http://jacksonguitars.com/products/products.php?group=Soloist-Body&page=1&product=2910104803

I know the spec sheet isn't properly done, but i know for a fact that the old SLS with passives was mahogany body and neck.

Price MAY be over $1000 if it's MIJ
Would be less than $1000 if it's not MIJ.

I don't normally like the way Jacksons look, but this is nice, but wow it is over 1k everywehre I look...

Thanks for the ideas!
Quote by katalyzt13
As opposed to a bolt-on neck.

That is a beautiful guitar but the bridge isn't string thru body...thanks, though.

Thanks for the ideas!
I think you mean set-neck, just saying

I also just realized that the EC-1000 is also not string thru. It's going to be very hard to find all those specs without going custom. You might have to cut corner, mostly on whether or not it's string thru and maybe the neck wood, as most necks seem to be maple instead of mahogany. Good luck TS
Schecter. Has everything you're looking for
http://www.guitarcenter.com/Schecter-Guitar-Research-Hellraiser-C-1-Electric-Guitar-103135695-i1446249.gc
Honestly, nothing else has every thing you are looking for. Or maybe I didn't look hard enough
Gear:
Shecter Omen 6 with Seymour Duncan SH-6
Epiphone Les Paul Standard
Fender Frontman 25r (crappy)
MXR CAE WAH
Digitech HardWire TL-2 Metal Distortion (Makes the amp sound not shitty)
Last edited by DamagingExcess at Mar 25, 2011,