I play classic rock and I'm looking for a good practice amp to keep in my dorm at college and in my room at home...I've been looking at the Vox VT15, but want to see if anybody has some recommendations. Thanks in advance.
Budget?

Blackstar HT-1 or HT-5
Orange AD5
Marshall Class 5
Vox AC5

Theres a bunch of 1-5W valve amps out there that would be great for bedroom classic rock, just like the above.
If thats outside your budget then there are loads of small modeling amps like vox valvetronics or Line 6 spider if you want on-board effects, and you could use the same stuff if you have pedals too.
Quote by guy_tebache
If thats outside your budget then there are loads of small modeling amps like vox valvetronics or Line 6 spider if you want on-board effects, and you could use the same stuff if you have pedals too.

I have the Line 6 Spider III, but I don't like it at all...I'm looking to sell it and get something else...
those first few amps I listed are probably outside your budget then, unless you dont mind going used.
I'm not sure how it compares to the Vox VT-15, but you could also have a look at the Orange Crush amps. I've heard they're pretty good for SS amps.

EDIT: well if you're selling your spider because you dont like it and your budget is only $200, I'm not sure theres much I can tell you. If you're after better tone then maybe you need to save more money and buy a better amp.
Last edited by guy_tebache at Mar 25, 2011,
I have the Vox VT30, I like it. From what I've seen, if you want more brootal metal, get the Peavey Vypyr and if you want something a bit lighter in metal but still good, get the Vox VT15. I'd suggest just trying both out at Guitar Center and see what you like.
How big/heavy are the Vox VT's?...I have a Roland 60 Cube which I use for my talkbox and I'm looking for something smaller than that...