whats your opinion on a string thru body? does it mess with your picking in anyway because theres nothing stopping your hand from sliding all sorts of places, and would it effect picking and the way you pick????
GEARZ

Schecter Hellraiser
TS 808 modded tubescreamer
MXR six band EQ
boss DD-3 digital delay
Boss CE-5 Chorus Ensemble
ISP Decimator
1998 Marshall JCM2000 DSL 100
I wouldn't think so it depends on where you rest your hand when you're playing. Even if there are any difficulties im sure you'll get used to it after a while
its just like playing a guitar with a les paul type bridge for me
It doesn't change the way I play.
Damn it! Disable can't use disable to disable Disable's disable because disable's disable has already been disabled by Disable's disable!
Generally with a string thru you'll get better sustain.
Satan. Grant this man the gift of revenge against his foes at the Food Network.
I have never experienced this problem.
Gear:
Schecter C-1 Elite
Squier Strat
Fender Acoustic
Line 6 POD XT-Live
Blackstar HT-1 Combo
ok thanks just wondering.
GEARZ

Schecter Hellraiser
MXR six band EQ
boss DD-3 digital delay
ISP Decimator
Quote by rickyj
its just like playing a guitar with a les paul type bridge for me

+1

Doesn't affect me at all. That's not to say it won't affect you, of course.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
No effect. Some say it gives you better sustain. In most cases I can't hear a good difference. I think it just transfers string vibrations to the body better meaning if you have a quality piece of wood the sustain would probably be a good amount better. I have only ever played cheap string through guitars though.
Quote by KillRoy Ver 3.0
Generally with a string thru you'll get better sustain.

Myth!!!
-------------------------------------------
Gear:

Guitar(s): .Shecter Tempest EXTREMEEEEEE
--------------Maton CW-80

Amplification: Randall RG75 G3
^For starters, the bridge is screwed into the body, or held in with inserts with a TOM bridge, and most of the energy is transferred through the bridge.
The section of the string that goes into the body isn't vibrating either. You also have more mass with the tailpiece.

Depends what type of string-thru you're talking about too, not all of them are TOM bridges, you can get string-thru Strat hardtail bridges too (Telecaster anyone?)

There may be a small difference, but I doubt it would be noticeable at all.
Quote by Spartan101400
This is the only thing different.

Makes restringing a bitch as well :P
Quote by BoL7z
Makes restringing a bitch as well :P

Just like restringing a floyd?
I'm so happy. I get to eat a muffin.
Quote by space aids
You are so happy to eat a muffin it's kinda scary.
Quote by ali.guitarkid7
Goes around tryina light dudes on fire.
Quote by MakinLattes
Too much Sublime.

I tell a lie, there is no such thing.
Re stringing on a string thru body is pretty simple. Just feed the string in through the back of the body and tune it up. I personally am a big fan of this design, for fixed bridge guitars, anyway.
ESP/LTD F-50
1989 Kramer Showster
Rogue RADH Acoustic
Fender CD-60 Acoustic
Washburn XB-100 4 string
Peavey Millenium AC BXP
Fender Rumble 150
Crate BV60H Head
Crate BV412 Cab
Vox AD15VT
I find that tune-o-matic and a stopbar is the most comfortable bridge to play with and I've not noticed tune-o and string-through to sustain better or be any more stable. So I don't see the point, it's stopbars for me all the way.
my general theory is that the more parts transfering sound by definition is worse. isnt it better for simplicity?

again, that part of the string isnt vibrating, your right. but the way i see it, whatever effect it does have, i would rahter my strings going right into the body ratehr than going from a stop peice, into the studs, into thier mounts in the body, and then to the body.

a string through with a TOM eliminates about 5 parts on the guitar = win.

why would it be bad? shouldnt be any harder to palm mute or anything.
sounds good thanks for the replies.
GEARZ

Schecter Hellraiser
MXR six band EQ
boss DD-3 digital delay
ISP Decimator