So i just had like a maybe 10 minute jam on my amp, Bugera 333xl 212. I played it on 5(vol) for the first time since I owned it and my room now reaks of burning plastic.
Is this normal? what could be wrong?
Jackson RR3 - BKP Painkiller/Warpig
Bugera 333XL 212
Pod Studio UX1
MXR Smart Gate
Hardwire CM-2
Well burning silicon smells similar to burning plastic, but it's not solid state is it? Hmmm dunno.
I THINK it's normal... I remember my room smelling as if it was on fire and my amp was on, but disconnect your amp just in case
Ummmm.... GTFO MY SIGGY!!!
It's a Bugera...

Let it cool down, then look in the back, see if anything looks melted. If you can, look at the board and see if anything on there looks melted.
Spin 'round carousel when your horse isn't screwed in.

My band:
Fractured Instinct
(For fans of Death/Groove/Prog Metal)

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X
any tips on how to take it aprat so i can look inside at the circuts?
Bugera 333XL 212
Pod Studio UX1
MXR Smart Gate
Hardwire CM-2
It was a smell of like burning plastic kinda, the amp sounded fine though while I was playing it. It was the first time i put it up past 1 since I got this amp. (bought it used)
Any way I can test to see if its just the tubes smelling it up?
Bugera 333XL 212
Pod Studio UX1
MXR Smart Gate
Hardwire CM-2
i had the same problem with my bugera 6260

its the tubes heating the wood and the tolex(?) that your smelling

i smell it every time i crank my amp

ive had no problems with my amp so far and its been over a month
you might want to take it to a tech if yoyu can. bugera amps have had problems in the past with reliability but i've heard they've fixed it but better to be safe than have a dead amp
[Cool Post-N00b of the Pedalboard Thread]
Guitars:Fender Am. Standard Telecaster, Gibson SG
Amp:Fender Blues Jr.
Pedals:EQD Dream Crusher->Polytune->PH-1r->Fulldrive 2->Barber LTD->Catalinbread DLS->CE-3->Strymon El Capistan->EQD Ghost Echo
So on the intel Macbooks (I have a white one thats like 3 years old) you can install windows if you put 2 partitions on your hard drive, but for some reason the drivers for the cooling fans don't work and the computer gets really hot and smells like hot plastic. My JSX has the exact same smell.

Edit: But it doesn't make the room smell, only if I'm next to the amp.
Last edited by ChrisBW at Mar 25, 2011,
I love these threads.
Everyone is entitled to an opinion.

Feel free to express yours so I can make an informed judgement about how stupid you are.
Quote by Sheepbane
It was a smell of like burning plastic kinda, the amp sounded fine though while I was playing it. It was the first time i put it up past 1 since I got this amp. (bought it used)
Any way I can test to see if its just the tubes smelling it up?

You have broken one of the most important rules in the world. NEVER, EVER buy a USED Bugera. I don't give a shit if they want to sell it to you for a penny, DON'T buy it.

Anyway, do you see any smoke come from the back of your amp when you smell this smell? Any specifics on where the smell is coming from? I'd take it to a tech and have them look at it.
Quote by Ian_the_fox
You have broken one of the most important rules in the world. NEVER, EVER buy a USED Bugera.

Well, you were halfway there.
Everyone is entitled to an opinion.

Feel free to express yours so I can make an informed judgement about how stupid you are.
I say take off the back panel while it's still turned on and jam your fists about amongst the exposed components to isolate the source of the problem.
My marshall smells too however i only smell when i put my nose above the cooling grid/hole
Gear:
Marshall haze40
Yamaha GA15
Line 6 pod GX
Ibanez PGM301
Yamaha self customized EG012
Jackson KVX10
Boss DS1
GE 7
BD2
CS3
Vox satchurator
Home made TS808
Belcat delay
that happened my amp, i ignored it then in a few days it cut out then wouldnt turn back on, so i brought it to my local music store and he kept it for about 2months ordering new parts and all in so maybe it might be the same with yours...... if it is keep £40.00 spare
Irons
It could be nothing, just some heat messing with the glue and whatnot inside the amp, or it could be really serious and potentially dangerous. The best way to find out, IMO, is to run it hard for a little bit, until you can smell that, and then go and take a look at the insides, see if you can see any smoke or figure out what might be burning up. Particularly, take a look at the part mentioned in the thread linked above.
Quote by Ian_the_fox
You have broken one of the most important rules in the world. NEVER, EVER buy a USED Bugera. I don't give a shit if they want to sell it to you for a penny, DON'T buy it.

Old Bugeras had issues with some shit melting inside of them when they ran, and if you picked it up used it may be from before their QQ improved and they worked out the glitches. (I think.)
Quote by darkwolf291
Take THAT Militia!
A case of a Bugera catching on fire...
TS, it's not normal. Take it to a tech ASAP

^Win comment.
Jackson DXMG 2002
Jackson JS30RR 2006
Rockteck 30Watt Combo
Marshall MC212
Dunlop Crybaby-GCB95
Boss Metalcore ML2

Quote by Skagasm
just think......bc rich+nice ring=happy girl

no ring+gibson es-335= no bitch and an awesome guitar.
oh man

I'm sorry your amp has gone on fire, and I know it's not right, but I couldn't help but laugh when i read it was a bugera.

take it to a tech, as 311 says.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?