For my Materials & Processes class (basically, woodshop), we need to come up with our own project.

Also, I suck at this class.

Those are really the two most important pieces of information.

We need to come up with a project for which we can provide all of our own materials, and complete ourselves, using the equipment in the shop. I figured that just making drum sticks on the lathe would be frowned upon because of it's simplicity, so I'm really out of ideas. Most of the students here have grown up doing this kind of thing, plus their middle school classes included it a lot (I moved here Freshmen year), so they all know what they're doing. The project that the teacher always brings up is a gun cabinet (why rednecks need cabinets specifically for guns, I don't know, but it's difficult to ask when I can't understand anything they say), which sounds way more complicated and expensive then I want to think about. What's something easy and relatively cheap that I could do as a project?
dildos
Quote by Kumanji
How about you don't insult my friend's dead mum, you prick.

Quote by JDawg
Too be he had to be a dick about his crayons.
Inb4 some n00b tells him to build a guitar because he's asking a guitar website.
Quote by RubberPuppiessu
dildos
Quote by herby190
drum sticks on the lathe would be frowned upon because of it's simplicity
Same deal; otherwise, I'd be all for it.
Quote by herby190
(why rednecks need cabinets specifically for guns, I don't know, but it's difficult to ask when I can't understand anything they say)

Because they can keep it both locked and on show..

Quote by herby190
which sounds way more complicated and expensive then I want to think about.

It is just a box with racks on it

Quote by herby190
What's something easy and relatively cheap that I could do as a project?

A regular cabinet? An end table! Make an end table with a drawer, they aren't all that difficult. Ask your teacher for help and tell him basically the same thing you told us. He kind of has to help you, it is his job.
Lord Gold feeds from your orifices and he wants to see you sweat.
Lord Gold probes you publicly and makes your pussy wet.
Now say his name.....
buy two nice woods in contrasting colors and make a chess set. most of the pieces are easy on a lathe
signed,
your favorite poster
build a small table or something like that, i am building a picnic table in my shop class right now, and it is pretty easy
You can always find a place to go if you can keep your sanity