Okay UG-ers,
I've hit a metaphorical wall with the evoloution of my recordings, a couple days ago i recorded a cover of August Burns Red's - 'Composure' and my main issue this time was getting too much of the room in the sound, putting too much reverb on the tone b4 it gets digitalised. This reverb stopped me, even with perfectly tight (most of the time:p) playing in double track to still sound not defined enough to be a good, tight pro mix.

Are there any easy quick fixes to deadening the acoustic response of the room limited down to the area around the cab? I've heard of\seen people making matress forts for this but i was wondering if theres an easier way...

Cheers
Everything owes its existence solely and completely to sound.

Sound is the factor which holds it together.
Put a thick blanket over the cab + mic.
ESP Horizon NT-II
Schecter Hellraiser C-1
Peavey 6505
Orange PPC412
Maxon OD808
ISP Decimator G-String
Boss TU3
You can go the expensive route and use acoustic treatments on the walls, but that's probably outside your budget.

On a budget room treatments... Is the room carpeted? If not, get a large rug and place it in the room. Doesn't have to be very fancy to do its job. Also, this one won't look too nice, but you can hang blankets, or even rugs, on the walls. These do real nice to knock down standing waves and deaden a room.
Would putting a picture of the room setup help with suggestions?

Oh and its all tiled :\ and like 3 m ceiling :\ :\ :\

And if so, where should i put it up? just on my profile?

^^^ very informative, but i think its a bit unpractical for the current situation, but now i know how to retool my bedroom into a vocal booth

Quote by NattyBoy

Oh and its all tiled :\ and like 3 m ceiling :\ :\ :\

Can you think of any other rooms that are tiled... that people often sing in? The shower! People love to sing in the shower because the tiling (and indeed, any other smooth, hard surface) reflects their voices.

So, you need to make your room less like a shower.

Anything you can add to the floor, ceiling or walls that is softer or more textured than what you have will help. The softer and more textured... and the more of it... the better.

I've seen people hang a pair of curtains (those nice heavy ones people put in formal living rooms and stuff) over a portion of a wall in their studio. People walk in and make the assumption that there's a window there. Nope. Just looks decorative.

A large, tall bookshelf full of books (very textured, right?) will reflect sound in all sorts of directions rather than reflecting it back into the room like a mirror.

Quote by NattyBoy
And if so, where should i put it up? just on my profile?

You could upload it to flickr or picassa or something, and then put a link here. Or yes, in your profile.

CT
Could I get some more talent in the monitors, please?

I know it sounds crazy, but try to learn to inhale your voice. www.thebelcantotechnique.com

Chris is the king of relating music things to other objects in real life.