Poll: One of your really good friends wants you to lie and cover for him cheating on his GF
Poll Options
View poll results: One of your really good friends wants you to lie and cover for him cheating on his GF
I'll cover for him. He's my friend, that's what I do.
40 19%
I'm not covering for him no matter what
50 24%
I'll cover if his GF is crazy or just horrible
54 26%
Not only would I not cover, I'd let his GF know what's going on
20 10%
I'm not sure
31 15%
Other
13 6%
Voters: 208.
Page 1 of 3
Upon watching that show on ABC, and they played a clip from Curb Your Enthusiasm where Jeff's wife found some evidence of an affair and Jeff asks Larry to cover for him:

If your friend (lets say a really good friend) was cheating on his girlfriend, you know that, and he asked you to lie and cover for him, would you?

Me personally, I wouldn't break him and tell his GF he's cheating on her (I don't think there's anything wrong morally with that, but in my experience that can create a lot more trouble/drama than what it's worth). However I wouldn't lie for him.

Also, if he was cheating because his GF was a bitch or crazy, I wouldn't lie still, but I'd try to get him to break up with her. Once one of my best friends had a GF who would hit him (like, hard), and do things like throw all his CDs out of the car while he was driving, sometimes food.
Cheating should be a jailable offense. Probably my biggest fear is to be cheated on by someone I loved, and I have no idea how I would cope if it happened. No way would I be complicit in letting someone cheat on someone else
I'm not covering for him, and I might tell the girlfriend if I think it's best for her and she's completely oblivious to what's going on.
been in the in that scenario.

didnt say shit, didnt cover, didnt tell her, just acted like it was normal and they were my roommates.

then one day she asked

and i said

"what do you think"

and thats it they split up.
then we (her and i) got drunk & did stuff.

he was a dick.

and so i dont seem like a dick i met them the same day, so i considered both to be friends, not like he was my friend and then he brought some chick around us.
VHT Special 6 ultra
TC HOF Reverb
Line 6 DL4
EHX OD Glove
Fender standard Tele
Ibanez Rga121
Taylor GA 214E
Last edited by the_white_bunny at Mar 25, 2011,
Quote by the_white_bunny
been in the in that scenario.

didnt say shit, didnt cover, didnt tell her, just acted like it was normal and they were my roommates.

then one day she asked

and i said

"what do you think

and thats it they split up.
then we (her and i) got drunk did stuff.

he was a dick.

Win win situation, get rid of dick, earn pussy.
I wouldn't tell her unless she asked me.

/personal experience
Quote by UntilISleep
You have excellent taste in literature, dear sir

Quote by Primus2112
You have excellent taste in video games, good sir.

Quote by GbAdimDb5m7
You have terrible taste in signatures, idiotic sir.

kkoo
I want to say no, I wouldn't, but I'm not sure. I'm not sure I would tell her, but I'm not sure if I'd cover. Most of my friends' girlfriends I end up liking as friends, so I wouldn't want to lie to one friend, or betray another.

I think I'd just say leave me out of it. But then that would be betraying her. I don't know is one I'm saying
Quote by izbbass
I wouldn't tell her unless she asked me.

/personal experience

this, but dont tell her just give her a look and say what do you think.

its none of your business but none the less no one wants that to happen to them.
VHT Special 6 ultra
TC HOF Reverb
Line 6 DL4
EHX OD Glove
Fender standard Tele
Ibanez Rga121
Taylor GA 214E
No, I wouldn't cover for him. It doesn't matter if she's crazy, he's in a relationship. Being unfaithful is a dick move. I wouldn't let him go through with it.

Q#m
e|--6--|
B|--5--|
G|--7--|
D|--7--|x2586
A|--5--|
E|-----|

Play until she breaks up with you.

The most brutal band to ever exist is...

You should go like them...even if you don't like them.

-Sloppyjoe24
well my freinds dont cheat on their gfs

but i wouldnt say anything unless im asked its none of my business until then
i'm not sure, it would depend on the scenario. I do not stand for cheating at all but i know some people can get kinda scary with that stuff.
Gotta keep my eyes from the circling skies...
tounge tied and twisted just an earth bound misfit...

>CRYPTIC METAPHOR<

Quote by ilikepirates
ilikeyou.

not hated
i've been cheated on twice. its probably the worst relationship experience you can imagine. as much as he's your friend. i would tell her dude. put yourself in her shoes. if you were getting cheated on wouldnt you wanna know?
Quote by KTFM
Dammit, Snorlax! This is why we can't have nice things!!

Quote by Xiaoxi
AWWWWWWWWW FUCK NAW!!!!!!!

ಠ_ಠ
One of my good friends cheated on his girlfriend 3 times, 2 times with my ex-girlfriends. I want to kick his ass next time I see him, needless to say. He's a good friend and trustworthy with everything BUT girls. He just has an ego he needs to please or something. But, no, I won't tell his girlfriend of a year and a half, since it'd break her heart, and it's been months since any of this has happened. I expect karma to get him back, but if she asks me, I will take that into consideration and say "What do you think?".
Poop.

Yes, poop.
If I wasn't that close to her, I'd lie for him yes
My God, it's full of stars!
I've been in this situation before and can honestly say 'Not only would I not cover, I'd let his GF know what's going on'.
I've covered for friends before.
You're using UG classic, congratulations.
You should be using UG classic.

E-Married to Guitar0Player

http://the llama forum because its gone forever which sucks and I hate it.
If my friend couldn't be true to his girlfriend, how could I know he's true to me? I would find a better friend.
“Science cannot solve the ultimate mystery of nature. And that is because, in the last analysis, we ourselves are part of nature and therefore part of the mystery that we are trying to solve.”

-Max Planck

☮∞☯♥
I would begin a relationship with my friend's mistress. It would be in black and white.
Quote by Zero-Hartman
Damn you, bodyheatseeker

Quote by Paramore.
bodyheatseeker, I will NEVER forgive you.

I wouldn't cover for him but at the same time I wouldn't go running to his girlfriend to tell her, I don't think thats any of my business. I'd just tell him that I'm not going to cover for him and that if he doesn't like her enough to cheat on her then he should break up with her.
IT'S BEEN
I wouldn't tell her unless we had been good friends before they were together and we were still close. I don't think I would lie for him though.
Quote by Owenlee55
Well, my penis smells of fecieas and my anus smells of semen...
No covering but also no telling her, I have a strict policy of non-involvement with other people's relationships.
R.I.P. My Signature. Lost to us in the great Signature Massacre of 2014.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.
I'd cover for my friend in a heart beat. But I guess that's just a personal value of mine to have my friend's back no matter what.

Shit, I would probably cover for him if he killed someone.
Quote by MakinLattes
dwelling on past mishaps is for the weak. you must stride into the future, unabashed and prepared to fuck up yet again.
Depends on how good of friends I am with the cheated, if she is a good friend, then I will not lie to her if she asks, (I wont bring it up) but my general viewpoint is that nobody deserves to be cheated on, and I will definitely make that known to the cheater.

But beyond that, I generally do my best to maintain non-involvement in other peoples relationships.
Quote by Butt Rayge
Pretty sure Jesus was decaffeinated.

I'm just a hedonist without happiness
My friends cover for me like every other day, so I suppose I'd have to return the favor.
[quote="'-[NiL"]-']My friends cover for me like every other day, so I suppose I'd have to return the favor.

youre a bad person and i hope you die a horrible death for cheating >.>
Quote by applesforthewin
youre a bad person and i hope you die a horrible death for cheating >.>

Oh here we go. I'm not going to make an incredibly long conversation of this, broskie, but to be straightforward, I just don't take relationships seriously. And I don't date gals who take them seriously either. They just get bitchy now and then, wanting to know if I'm banging someone else, and I just tell a little lie. That's all.

Slightly off topic, but does anyone know of that technique used in literature to invoke jealousy in the reader? It's used in manga a lot, what's that called?
Last edited by -[NiL]- at Mar 26, 2011,
I personally have always found bros before ho's to be total bullshit. I'm a Ho before Bro man, and don't regret it for a second
Is that the episode with the women's underwear? I love that episode
R.I.P. M.C.A.
Tweet at me bro
lushacrous loves you
Quote by blake1221
Don't be ludicrous, lushacrous.
Quote by Gunpowder
that joke regarding your username was NOT originally posted by blake1221. That was a Gunpowder original.

I INVOKE SOPA TO SMITE YE FOR THIS FALSEHOOD.
Depends on how he handles his transgressions. If realizes it was a mistake and is apologetic and ends it or it was one-off thing then I would cover for him my avoiding involvement but wouldn't lie if say directly asked by significant other. Otherwise, I'd tell him to stop and if he doesn't then I'd have no problem letting the other know.
1992 Ibanez S540 sol
1988? Kramer Pacer Mutt
Dude why aren't more people up for covering - the way I see it is that I'm young and thing's are gonna get a little crazy every now and then. I expect other people to get that to.
Page 1 of 3