I was thinking, how possible would it be to have like 80 classical guitar players lined up sitting with their guitars and make each of them play a note of "flight of the bumblebee"

like this, a guitar player would play one note, then the guitar player next to him would play the next note and so on, so the sound would move first to one side, and when it reaches the last guitar player on that side they start playing the notes in the other direction, do i explain myself here.. idk keep reading

i was thinking it could b done if each player had the music sheet in front of him with only the notes he should play written and the rest filled with silences, it would work if the player can respect the tempo and each silence without making mistakes.

i know there are more than 80 notes on the flight of the bumblebee, each player would have to play more than just 1 note, just saying

lol ha ha 80 notes u mentioned on purpose oh ur badd lol
Last edited by thegear at Mar 25, 2011,
IT could be done....each player would need very good sense of timing though
Come back if you want to
And remember who you are
‘Cause there's nothing here for you my dear
And everything must pass
that would be crazy intense IF it worked!!!! but it would take a lot of practice cause if one guy messes up the whole thing will fail. if you do do it post a video
In a script I wrote once, someone did a similar thing, except it was 400 microwaves lined up and timed so that when the power was switched on, the various dings and hums would play the theme from Pirates of the Caribbean.

Total Oscar-bait
So, Flight of the Bumblebee is only 80 notes long? Are you sure 80 classical guitars will be enough?
LOL! thats an awsum idea!!!!
u an i shud b friends, ur genius!
ROTOPLASTER
Have you seen how people play handbells?

It's a similar concept.

Of course it's possible with guitars, but the whole thing about guitars being able to play so many notes makes it entirely unreasonable and a waste of effort.
MEMBER OF THE LAUGAM BRITISH HIT SQUAD! HONORARY MEMBER OF THE SWEDISH LAUGAM HIT SQUAD!
I'M JUST SEE THROUGH FADED, SUPER JADED, AND OUT OF MY MIND
<//////>~ dA
Esther is officially awesome and smart - Frenchy
its really hard. if everyone was a robot maybe. everyone would have to have metranomes in a headset and sheet music theyd follow
It's possible but

1. it's difficult
2. it's pointless

...modes and scales are still useless.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Hey guys could you spare a minute to Vote for my band. Go to the site Search our band Listana with CTRL+F for quick and vote Thank you .
Quote by sam b
Voted for Patron Çıldırdı.

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
I don't know what timezone you're in, but you really need to stop drinking caffeine and go to sleep.
Quote by Moggan13

FUCK YEAH GHERKIN PALS!!

Yeah, I use a Squier Strat.
The thing to do would be for each player to have the whole sheet music (or tab, whatever) with their notes marked or highlighted or something. Following music on paper while it's being played isn't hard if you have any experience playing in a band that uses sheet music.
You're using UG classic, congratulations.
You should be using UG classic.

E-Married to Guitar0Player

http://the llama forum because its gone forever which sucks and I hate it.
Quote by jgbsmith
The thing to do would be for each player to have the whole sheet music (or tab, whatever) with their notes marked or highlighted or something. Following music on paper while it's being played isn't hard if you have any experience playing in a band that uses sheet music.

Even the New York Philharmonic would have trouble playing this. There's more to orchestration logistics than just giving everyone their parts and expecting they will be able to do exactly what the score says.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Hey guys could you spare a minute to Vote for my band. Go to the site Search our band Listana with CTRL+F for quick and vote Thank you .
Quote by sam b

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
Quote by Xiaoxi
It's possible but

1. it's difficult
2. it's pointless

you must obviously live in a world without any discoveries or advancement then
"Ladies and gents."

That concludes our tour of the toilets.
Quote by Artema
you must obviously live in a world without any discoveries or advancement then

I'm sorry, old wise one, and I hate to break it to you but this idea isn't inventive or has any substance. It belongs in an extreme hypothetical regarding the concept of textural dovetailing, as it is the most obvious and obtuse approach. Anyone with the lease bit subtlety would take this example and refine it down to something that actually takes some real planning and imagination. Next time you get on your high horse, make sure your horse isn't a donkey.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Quote by sam b

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
Quote by Most_Triumphant
that would be crazy intense IF it worked!!!! but it would take a lot of practice cause if one guy messes up the whole thing will fail. if you do do it post a video

yes, i WILL find 80 classical guitar players with nothing else better to do and make them do this, why not....
You could get the sound of a shite guitar VST sampler, but in an impossibly difficult way. Brilliant!
I'LL PUNCH A DONKEY IN THE STREETS OF GALWAY
Last edited by whalepudding at Mar 26, 2011,
Quote by Xiaoxi
I'm sorry, old wise one, and I hate to break it to you but this idea isn't inventive or has any substance. It belongs in an extreme hypothetical regarding the concept of textural dovetailing, as it is the most obvious and obtuse approach. Anyone with the lease bit subtlety would take this example and refine it down to something that actually takes some real planning and imagination. Next time you get on your high horse, make sure your horse isn't a donkey.

high horse/donkey? im not the one that shooting the him down and calling his idea pointless. who cares if it is, its a pretty interesting idea so what is the harm of trying it? if it doesnt work, so be it. if it works quite well with his plan the way it is then even better.
i hope you enjoy your ivory tower
"Ladies and gents."

That concludes our tour of the toilets.
Silences in music are called "Rests".

Srsly, a vid of this happening would be awesome. There was a vid awhile back of 5 guys doing this with TTFAF on Guitar Hero (each guy had a button), and it was pretty goddamned stupid. But I think that goes without saying. Your idea, obviously, is a little different and hilarious, and I want to see it happen.
Quote by Xiaoxi
It's possible but

1. it's difficult
2. it's pointless

I think you nailed it.