I was just curious.... how often does every one usually change strings on their guitars? Lately I've been playing so much I have to change them out every week... which is a huge bitch, but w/e

I realize this depends highly on the type of strings you use and your playing style, but I'm just curious....

Ever since I got my Ibanez, I don't do as much insane playing on my Les Paul, so the strings on that last a longer time... My Strat I tend to restring every month or so, but the Ibanez is a weekly deal.
it depends... sometimes once a month, sometimes like a lot longer than that... it's usually whenever I can get around to changing the strings and whenever I really bother to throw new ones on.
Ibanez S2170FB Prestige + Crunch Lab
Ibanez RG1570MRR Prestige + Crunch Lab
Taylor 214CE
Peavey 6505MH + Orange PPC112 + TS9 + ISP Decimator + MXR 10-Band EQ

Watch and subscribe to my guitar ventures!
Search Nick Catelli on YouTube
This is gonna sound like a commercial, but it's not. I use Fast-Fret. I normally change my strings once a year. I have a couple of guitars that are going on two or three years with the same strings. They're still shiny. They still have good intonation.

Sucks changing strings every week or every month. Been there and done that. No more.
Every two months or so. It also depends on how you sweat. Whenever one of my friends plays my guitar, the strings are rusted the next day. He must have salty hands.

Mine are naturally lubricating
Jackson DK2M
ESP LTD M-200FM w/Tone Zone + PAF Pro
Ibanez RG7321
Digitech Whammy IV
Digitech GSP1101
Furman M-10 LxE
Peavey 6505
ISP Decimator
Quote by KG6_Steven
This is gonna sound like a commercial, but it's not. I use Fast-Fret. I normally change my strings once a year. I have a couple of guitars that are going on two or three years with the same strings. They're still shiny. They still have good intonation.

Sucks changing strings every week or every month. Been there and done that. No more.

Hmm strange i must have acidic hands or something... I actually use Fast-Fret too and I'm still having to replace them that fast.
GHS Fast fret + GHS boomer strings = Great lengthy strings to my exp.

They stay bright and detailed after months of use.

I tend to sweat alot in my hands and Makes them rust quicker but fast fret is really good, you should try some.

Edit; you did lol.
Last edited by smokeysteve22 at Mar 25, 2011,
I change my strats strings about every month or so. My Ibanez I used to do monthly but right now I haven't for a couple of months. Just doesn't need it as I haven't been playing it as much.
Quote by Robchappers
Ha ha love you to dude ;-)

Quote by fearofthemark
10/10 Slater is amazing

Fender Deluxe Roadhouse Strat
Ibanez RG4EXFM1
Washburn D46S
Dunlop Original Crybaby Wah
Fulltone OCD Overdrive
Boss SD-1 Overdrive
MXR M-148 Micro Chorus
Jet City JCA2112RC 20W
I don't play as often as I'd like, but my strings were changed sometime around August/September, I keep the guitar in it's bag when I'm not playing it and the strings are still as good as new.
if youre a constant 2- god knows how many hours a day player i would recommend changing every 2-3 months. for me its when my G string turns black or when it gets incredibly filthy *snicker snicker*
I think I'm going to change my strings every time someone makes a "How often do you change your strings" thread. My strings will never rust.
OBEY THE MIGHTY SHITKICKER
Quote by JustRooster
I think I'm going to change my strings every time someone makes a "How often do you change your strings" thread. My strings will never rust.
Going by that metric, you may never be able to play your guitar.

Anyway, I change my strings usually about once a month. I order my strings for cheap overseas so if I've run out I don't exactly have the luxury of changing any time I want.
Ibanez RG2228 w/ EMG808Xs | Line 6 POD HD500 | Mackie HD1221
I change them once a month and a half. That is since i use Ernie Ball. I used any string I could...Even horse hair worked as an e.
I change them every 3-4 months, or when one string breaks, whichever comes first. My hands are never sweaty when I play though, which might be why I can go for a lot longer than most people without changing or breaking strings.
Whenever they start to feel even a little bit grimy. I keep my hands clean and wipe down my strings when done playing. So usually around 2 months or a little sooner is when I end up doing it. I play 1 or 2 hours a day now due to work and school.
i change mine once a month.. sometime sooner.. depends how much i play, and it i have been doing any gigs... if i do gigs i will change twice a month..
DR pure blues keep their life for me up to 3 months then they either corrode or break and this is with Biweekly band practice and two hours of jamming daily.
If i use Super Slinky they hold up for like 2 months under the same conditions but they sound tinny on my guitar i built.
Ibanez sz720fm,Ibbly RG350DX, Custom Tele-> Dunlop 535Q->RAT Pro co II-> Ibanez Fuzz->Marshall Haze 40.
Tascam US-800 and a hand full of Mics into Nedundo 4

my music, new recording on the way in 2014

[B]insert witty italicized quote here
Tone is great on new strings once they break in but I can't buy strings all the time so I don't put new strings on very often, Not unless one breaks and that usually doesn't happen since I tin my strings. But for some reason the D strings on my 335 copy and Squier Strat both broke at the saddle a couple weeks ago. I still haven't changed them, I've just been playing my Tele since then.
Always tin your strings.

_____

Don't be afraid to be honest.
Never. I have a 1954 Fender Stratocaster that still has the original strings.

I'm joking, of course, I change strings about once every 2 or three months (I usually change strings on all my guitars at the same time regardless of whether I played them heavily or not) and I don't have a '54 Strat.
Actually, I go by Dave, but there are already too many Daves on this forum.

Fender MIM Stratocaster
Fender Jaguar Bass
Epiphone EJ200 Super Jumbo
Fender Excelsior 13w
Acoustic B300HD (with matching 1x12 cab)
BOSS BD-2W
NYC Big Muff Pi