Page 1 of 2
I was looking for other good documentaries about bands and artists like "It Might Get Loud" which featured jimmy page, jack white and the edge. Well thanks if you can also give a short review about the movie you're suggesting and the artists or bands its about..
Whoever said the telecasters were only made for country deserves a banjo slapping.
Rick_Diculous wrote:

A band's greatness is measured on Rock Band sales
Lemmy, Ray, Walk The Line.

Avoid Some Kind Of Monster.

Cadillac Records is the grasshoppers nipples, too.
Horseness is the whatness of allhorse.
We are all Neil Lennon
UG GT5 group
Fearless Freaks

it's about the Flaming lips, the history of the band etc. It's made by a friend of Wayne, so theres tons of interviews, live footage, funny stories etc. It's where I got the quote in my sig.
I think we took too many drugs when we were kids,
'cause now we like to make
Weird Music
-Wayne Coyne
beyond the lighted stage is great even if you aren't a rush fan
Rush:Beyond the Lighted Stage

Covers the complete history from start to finish and has some good concert footage too. Very, very well done. Even people I know who hate Rush admitted that it was extremely well made. Definitley worth a watch.

Edit: Ninja'd
inb4 This is Spinal Tap
Quote by diofan88
Life's too short to drink cheap beer.
Quote by beadhangingOne
Every band is a lotr metal band. Metal is like Guile's theme for Lotr.
Quote by mcjosh
Whoever thinks Japan deserved the tsunami in any way should just go away and fucking die alone.
Quote by ikarian-pride
inb4 Spinal Tap

Anvil's documentary is pretty interesting actually

EDIT: Damn you! I've been beaten to it

Not Spam: I can honestly NOT recommend you Some Kind of Monster. This is coming from a huge Metallica fan.
Quote by diofan88
Quote by beadhangingOne
Quote by mcjosh
Whoever thinks Japan deserved the tsunami in any way should just go away and fucking die alone.
No Direction Home is really really good if you're into Bob Dylan even the tiniest bit. Oh and Kurt Cobain About A Son
A lot of people will hate me, but I loved Some Kind of Monster. I think I've watched it about 7 or 8 times at least.

It's actually a huge part of what got me interested in Metallica, and it's a big part of why I play guitar.

I know... I'm a terrible person. No need to say it.
As said, Rush's Beyond the Lighted Stage is FANTASTIC. Seriously was one of the best documentaries I've ever seen.
Quote by necrosis1193
As usual Natrone's mouth spouts general win.

Quote by Silverstein14
man, Natrone you're some kind of ninja I swear

Quote by gregs1020
plexi

i realize the longshot that is. little giant to humongous one.

Rest In Peace Stevie Ray
Quote by Shawn1379
A lot of people will hate me, but I loved Some Kind of Monster. I think I've watched it about 7 or 8 times at least.

It's actually a huge part of what got me interested in Metallica, and it's a big part of why I play guitar.

I know... I'm a terrible person. No need to say it.
Fret not, grasshoppa. I regularly enjoy the album of the same title. And to fücking hell with the haters!
Quote by diofan88
Quote by beadhangingOne
Quote by mcjosh
Metal: A Headbanger's Journey.

Bitchin' shit. Done by the same guys who did Beyond the Lighted Stage.
Don't know if you like them, but Disturbed just released one last year called "Decade of Disturbed." In my opinion it was actually really well put together
Lamb of God's Walk With me In Hell DVD was extremely well made and non metal lovers can enjoy it as well, I think .
R.I.P. Ronnie James Dio. Supplied amazing music to both me and my mother.

He will be missed.
Still Bill.

It's about Bill Withers. Of course most people don't know who that is... He's the guy that wrote the songs Lean On Me, Grandma's Hands, etc.

Pretty darn good.
Quote by BeerBlood

Not Spam: I can honestly NOT recommend you Some Kind of Monster. This is coming from a huge Metallica fan.

Because it shows them as emotional pussies?
Heavy Metal In Baghdad.

It's about the struggles that the band Acrassicauda face while living in Iraq, it's a good one.
STಠ_ಠ
thanks for all the posts ive watched a few of the movies you guys posted here already, rush beyond the lighted stage is truly one of the best, i also like the about a son it helped me understand the reason why kurt cobain was how he was
Whoever said the telecasters were only made for country deserves a banjo slapping.
Rick_Diculous wrote:

A band's greatness is measured on Rock Band sales
We Jame Econo: The Story of the Minutemen
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano
i kinda wish we all had a penis and vagina instead of buttholes

i mean no offense to buttholes and poop or anything

Rest in Peace, Troy Davis and Trayvon Martin and Jordan Davis and Eric Garner and Mike Brown
Quote by ikarian-pride
inb4 Spinal Tap

Quote by BeerBlood
inb4 This is Spinal Tap

This is Spinal Tap.

Seriously, hilarious movie, and given a lot of big-shots at the time came out saying it hit way too close to home, you can just say it applies to X artist who was big in the 80's, and it probably does.

On a more serious note though, Beyond the Lighted Stage is great. Been thinking of watching the Anvil documentary, people've said it's good.

I also enjoyed Some Kind Of Monster - We all know how St. Anger ended up, and it is kind of couple's counseling for Metallica, but that's part of the intrigue, instead of a well-oiled band's retrospective after they've conquered the world and are all happy with their band positions, on good terms with each other, each has a personality fitting a different role, etc., it shows the more common, realistic situation of a bunch of people with overlapping personalities, and two particularly domineering characters, trying to keep together their 23-year long business, band, livelihood, life, lifestyle, and camaraderie. A lot of band documentaries show off how bands got over these sorts of things, how they overcame and conquered. This shows what it's like when it happens.
THE FORUM UPDATE KILLED THE GRADIENT STAR

Baltimore Orioles: 2014 AL Eastern Division Champions, 2017: 75-87
Baltimore Ravens: 2012 World Champions, 2017: 4-5
2017 NFL Pick 'Em: 92-54
The Doors (self-titled movie)

Tits everywhere.
E-married to BlessedRebel15
Most Attractive Female 2011 ^^
Dark Black Rivers in the WinterTime
Quote by CrunchyRoll
I'm not sure if you're aware of this or not, but everything is against the rules at UG
Quote by Andrea55
Heavy Metal In Baghdad.

It's about the struggles that the band Acrassicauda face while living in Iraq, it's a good one.

+9999189381248267039751

Such a good movie.

Quote by Pat_s1t
I remember Das_Skittles made me rage hard.

Quote by WCPhils
I can't stand Das_Skittles everything he says makes me mad.

Quote by due 07
Skittles is the shit you cuntles. Slob on his knob.

My Band Youtube Channel Last.fm
The new Foo Fighters documentary. Honestly the best music related documentary (and possibly all documentaries) I have seen. Its bloody good.

Quote by necrosis1193
I also enjoyed Some Kind Of Monster - We all know how St. Anger ended up, and it is kind of couple's counseling for Metallica, but that's part of the intrigue, instead of a well-oiled band's retrospective after they've conquered the world and are all happy with their band positions, on good terms with each other, each has a personality fitting a different role, etc., it shows the more common, realistic situation of a bunch of people with overlapping personalities, and two particularly domineering characters, trying to keep together their 23-year long business, band, livelihood, life, lifestyle, and camaraderie. A lot of band documentaries show off how bands got over these sorts of things, how they overcame and conquered. This shows what it's like when it happens.

also that
Quote by BeerBlood

DUDUDUDUDU DAH DAH DUDUDUDUDU DAH DAH

THE NOTES IN BETWEEN ARE ****ING WITH ME!

other than that, I liked it. Actually, I liked this part too. Shows all the 14 year old kids who idolize Metallica that even their guitar hero messes up sometimes. And I was one of those.
Quote by AvengedFoghat
DUDUDUDUDU DAH DAH DUDUDUDUDU DAH DAH

THE NOTES IN BETWEEN ARE ****ING WITH ME!

other than that, I liked it. Actually, I liked this part too. Shows all the 14 year old kids who idolize Metallica that even their guitar hero messes up sometimes. And I was one of those.

the last half of it where they are looking for a bassist and when the hire Rob is all pretty "feel good". It balances it out.
Page 1 of 2