I figured I'd switch out my V7/S1/V8 pickups in my Ibanez S. I'm wanting to put in some Seymour Duncan Invaders since I like they way they sound in fat bodies (Yes, I know an S isn't that fat, but they do produce a "fat" tone.)

Does anyone have an idea of what a good single coil would be to go in the middle pickup position with the Invaders in the bridge and neck?

As far as playing styles.. I keep this S tuned to C# Standard and mainly use it for some form of Metal.
Awesome!
Are you absolutely sure you want an Invader in the neck? They tend to get muddy very easily in the bridge - I don't see how they could be usable in the neck.

Anyway, for your middle, maybe a Dimarzio Chopper?
Spin 'round carousel when your horse isn't screwed in.

My band:
Fractured Instinct
(For fans of Death/Groove/Prog Metal)

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X
the seymour duncan invader pickups are the ones that 'Synyster Gates' from avenged sevenfold uses, they are (if you didnt know) a heavy metal band, so they are great for heavy stuff and cleans:

Watch: Afterlife- Avenged Sevenfold, so you can see how these handle metal,
Watch: Gunslinger - Avenged Sevenfold so you can see its cleans....

emm maybe another seymour duncan pickup beside it??
or some emg??
Irons
He doesn't use Invaders, he has custom pickups made for him that look like Invaders. I used to be a huge A7X fan, so I also used to be curious about what he used.

You'd be best off just getting pickups with a lot of clarity to be honest. A7X uses ridiculously expensive amps in the studio like Uberschalls and Diezels of some sort, so pickups alone won't do anything for you anyway. PAF's always work well for every style. If you want something straight up higher gain, its also really hard to go wrong with an EMG 81/85.
Spin 'round carousel when your horse isn't screwed in.

My band:
Fractured Instinct
(For fans of Death/Groove/Prog Metal)

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X
I have plenty of EMGs. I want something that's not EMGs, which is why I've kept the stocks in there for as long as I have.
I have a Dual Rec. The other guitarist in my band has a Diezel VH4 that I play on when I'm bored with the Mesa and, as soon as my amp finder (a friend of mine who deals in heads who gets in at least a new head a day) gets and Uberschall, I'll have one. So amp upgrading is irrelevant.
My two Jacksons are my "main" guitars. This S is something I just fiddle around with so it's not imparative that it sounds perfect. I just figured that if I got the Invaders, I'd get a middle pup that sounds good with those.
And I have no clue where the Avenged Sevenfold sound alike came from. I'm looking more to a mixture of Black Dahlia Murder and Opeth.
I am kinda thinking about an Invader in the bridge and an Air Norton in the neck;but, still, I have to find a middle pup.
Awesome!
I really wouldn't go with those Invaders bro. Especially in mahogany.
I have D-Activators in my S and I love the bridge pickup, the neck pickup however is kind of harsh and not as versatile ass I expected. (only reason I expected versatility is cause BTBAM used them *facepalm*)

But, regardless of what I think of the Invaders, if you like them and actually have first hand experience with them who am I to say they are no good. But yeah, I have 3 HSH Ibanez guitars and I don't feel the need to replace the single in any of them Only time I use the singles are when I'm fooling around with some bluesy/jazzy/classic rock stuff and they sound fine to me. I also use them for cleans splitting with the neck pup, I'm also not too picky about cleans as long as they are clean and preferably kind of bright. If you feel the need to upgrade the single I'd suggest a chopper also.