Okay, I am in search of some new pups for my Ibanez S670. I have the stock pickups in the neck and bridge with a DiMarzio Chopper in the middle. For the neck I am looking for a pickups that can deliver cleary on a clean setting, and also handle some high-gain w/o getting too muddy. For the bridge, a higher output than the neck and can basically just compliment the neck and Chopper well. Any suggestions?
P.S. I have heard good reviews on the Air Norton and Tone Zone combo, but I'm not sure if that only applies to HH guitars. I don't plan on putting a crazy coil-tap pickup thing on my guitar so I would like to know if they would still compliment each other, even though they cannot be used simultaneously. I play mainly stuff from Van Halen to Metallica to heavy 60's stuff to Queen. I will be happy to support with any additional info.
Budget: $200, most pickups don't run this high but that's the most I'll spend theoretically
Current amp: On and off between a Vox AD15VT through a Boss ME-70, and a Peavey Vypyr 75 (no pedal).
Quote by Skullivan
Budget: $200, most pickups don't run this high but that's the most I'll spend theoretically
Current amp: On and off between a Vox AD15VT through a Boss ME-70, and a Peavey Vypyr 75 (no pedal).

Eh, you won't notice a big difference in tone by switching pickups with those two amps. My best advice for you would be to take that 200, sell you peavey and vox, take what money you get and whatever else you can put in, and buy a better amp. You'll get the biggest increase in tone that way.
Gear:
Gibson SG Special Faded
Marshall JCM2000 DSL 401
The TZ/AN combo are generally considered to be pretty muddy in the mahogany S series Ibanez's. I would recommend Evo's, or perhaps the Liquifire/crunchlab set, any of the satriani pickups, or maybe the D-Activators but I'm not particularly fond of these.

But as someone else mentioned, a new amp would be a better use for your money.
1998 Ibanez Prestige S2540
2005 Ibanez RG570
Bugera 333XL 212 Combo
Well it depends on your final budget. But I'd recommend a Jet City JCA20H for sure. Maybe a peavey classic 30, or a used valveking. There's the Blackheart handsome devil, although you'd need a boost to do metallica. There are a few bugera amps that would do what you want as well.

Can you answer me these questions?

New/used
Approximate Budget
Gigging
Nearest Major City
Gear:
Gibson SG Special Faded
Marshall JCM2000 DSL 401
New/used: I would be willing to go used since both my Peavey and Vox were used and they are fine to me.
Approximate Budget: $500 tops
Gigging: I have not gigged as a guitarist but may do small gigs in the near future so probably not a 500 watt Marshall stack.
Nearest major City: I live in the northern Virginia area so probably D.C.
Perhaps a Bugera amp for that budget. I got my Bugera 333XL combo for $450, it sounds pretty decent, I haven't had any reliability issues in over a year of owning it (knock on wood) and a 2x12 is plenty loud for almost any gigs.
1998 Ibanez Prestige S2540
2005 Ibanez RG570
Bugera 333XL 212 Combo
Yeah, haven't moved outside my comfort zone of amps in a while (VOX, Peavey, Marshall), since I just play whatever my favorite guitarists play. Never actually thought about Bugera or Jet City. I might go with the jet city since it looks pretty affordable with the head and a little left over for a cab.