Page 1 of 3
HEY!!!!! Gibson found a new way to make the LP suck. they'll probly run out of ideas in the next few years hopefully
What the fuck is that..
Quote by Moggan13

FUCK YEAH GHERKIN PALS!!

Yeah, I use a Squier Strat.
Last edited by DecaPodge at Mar 26, 2011,
Lol, wtf? Although i like the pickup selector, the overall look sucks big dick =/

There's

NEVER

enough

GAIN

Can someone please wipe the suck from my eyes?

Things I see wrong:

1) That horrible headstock.

2) That terrible pickup selector.

3) The Vol/Tone Knob Layout.

This is probably the worst Gibby I've seen since the "Firebird X"

They just spat on Les Paul's grave...

Gear:
Fender FSR Standard Stratocaster SSS (MIM Gilmour Black Strat) -
Agile AL-2000 CSB -
Fender Super Champ XD -
Homemade Talkbox -
THE BORG COLLECTIVE
wot iz that pos!
Damn it! Disable can't use disable to disable Disable's disable because disable's disable has already been disabled by Disable's disable!
'Tis ugly.
Check out my punk band!!! Lizard on the Window We found a drummer and are now recording.

White Version FC: 4083 9268 4644
White 2 FC: 5372 8215 3622
3DS FC: 1676 4085 1677
Not as bad as the Reverse Flying V, but still. Why the hell can't Gibson stick to the same formula that's worked for the past 50 years, selling the same exact guitar as the last year with less quality? Why do they keep making dumb ass guitars that'll never sell?
Quote by Tone Deaf
Someone has had too much jager in their slushy. :/
Quote by CL/\SH
First person on UG to be a grammar nazi and use the correct form of "your" in the correct context.

+ 70 virgins to you, my good sir.

Quote by Fassa Albrecht
Girls DO fap...I don't though.
It looks like some spoilt rich kid has been given a les paul but wanted to be Dime so he did some work on it and that was the result.
Quote by Moggan13

FUCK YEAH GHERKIN PALS!!

Im going to go ahead and say this is an April fools joke someone stumbled upon early. The description in the link doesn't match the pics at all. Says P-90s, no P-90s on that axe. Says wrap around tail piece, again, not there in the pics. Also if you click the "gibson custom" category from the breadcrumb navigation, this doesn't show up. This HAS to be an april fools joke. Please God let this be an april fools joke.
^I think they just copy/pasted the info and forgot to change some of it, but if it IS an April Fools joke, thank God.
Quote by Moggan13

FUCK YEAH GHERKIN PALS!!

Hmm.
Ibanez RG2228 w/ EMG808Xs | Line 6 POD HD500 | Mackie HD1221
It's Damn ugly that is for sure. I don't find myself a Gibson guy or a Fender guy. Most Gibson's kick ass, many Fender's do too.
Gibson Les Paul Classic
Fender Stratocaster (Mexican)
Hagstrom Ultra Swede
Music Man Axis Sport
Did Dean and Gibson unite?
I am pretty grossed out by that.
-------------------------------------------
Gear:

Guitar(s): .Shecter Tempest EXTREMEEEEEE
--------------Maton CW-80

Amplification: Randall RG75 G3
Quote by Picksqueal72
It's Damn ugly that is for sure. I don't find myself a Gibson guy or a Fender guy. Most Gibson's kick ass, many Fender's do too.

naivete at its finest.
I truly hope that that is an April Fools. Ugh.
[Gibson Explorer]
[Ibanez RG1XXV]
[Line6 PodHD]
[ENGL Retro Tube 100]
[Dunlop CryBaby]
Looks like a Dean Cadillac to me.

Ugly as hell..
Bass Gear:

Mensinger: Speesy
Fender Precision 1989 (CIJ Rosewood)
Fender Steve Harris (CIJ)
Lakland J Sonic 5
Epiphone Explorer
Maruszczyk (custom) Jake

Ashdown CTM 100
the way i see it, gibson are doing this for the big overreaction. it's good for advertising.

you guys overreacting to it aren't helping matters at all - maybe they want to be controversial, maybe they are going for the shock aspect and the big impact that these appaulingly thought out and outright hideous looking models create as part of their marketing tactics.

perhaps if you all just ignore these guitars gibson will stop making them
I like analogue Solid State amps that make no effort to be "tube-like", and I'm proud of it...

...A little too proud, to be honest.
By the way, why all the hate for the Reverse V? It's not BEAUTIFUL but it's far from the ugliest guitar ever....
Quote by trueamerican
By the way, why all the hate for the Reverse V? It's not BEAUTIFUL but it's far from the ugliest guitar ever....

because haters gonna hate.

and i think gibson wants haters posting links to their new models all over the internet in anger and disgust, because everyone knows that haters just gonna hate because gibson hate on the internet is 'cool', and nobody takes the haters opinions seriously anyway, but hey, at least they are advertising the new product, which is never a bad thing for the company
I like analogue Solid State amps that make no effort to be "tube-like", and I'm proud of it...

Still think that new Firebird X looks worse.
All I want is for everyone to go to hell...
...It's the last place I was seen before I lost myself

Quote by DisarmGoliath
You can be the deputy llamma of the recordings forum!
Quote by JustRooster
Blompcube. Attention doesn't equal sales.

No, but in marketing it does. Negative attention is often better than no attention. The name "Gibson" sticks in people's minds more. Obviously, negative attention like the BP Oil Spill is different.
Quote by trueamerican
No, but in marketing it does. Negative attention is often better than no attention. The name "Gibson" sticks in people's minds more. Obviously, negative attention like the BP Oil Spill is different.

this. it's exactly what i was referring to.

i know people aren't gonna go out and buy a korina les paul just because they saw it, but while they are on the gibson website they might take a look at what else gibson has to offer...

I like the pickup selector and the Korina but the headstock is very Dean.
Gibson do models just for collectors sometimes, if there's only 100 then they will sell to those people that put guitars in glass cases - and as they say - any publicity is good publicity
The sad thing is that the idea of a big korina LP junior is a great starting point. With two pickups, the open book headstock, and the pickup selector at an angle this guitar would look amazing. This should have been a new design that would sell thousands of units year after year. It could have been a new classic for Gibson, their perfect answer to the butterscotch Telecaster. But they went too far overboard with this thing. Instead they created a Les Paul for a funk band with pimp-themed costumes, and those guys wouldn’t play this guitar anyway.
Fugly
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
'04 Tony Iommi Signature SG
'66 Harmony Bobkat
Great. More guitar headstocks to fight battles with.
Oi! Me dog Sally needs to drop:

|-4---|
|-5---|
...o_o...what are they on at Gibson? Dear God...and where's this "legendary P90"? Those are humbuckers...o_o
Quote by SlayingDragons
Nah, I prefer to tune lower. My tunings usually go into weird Hebrew symbols.
I don't think it's that ugly. I don't think I'd buy it at that price, but it's not that ugly.

Also, this is incredibly old. I've seen that guitar a million times before.
yeah this has been out a while

i seen one for sale in guitarguitar and it was around £ 4000
This is old news isn't it?
Stuff:
ESP/LTD EC-200QM (with SD Distortions)
1986 Charvel Model 4
2013 Ibanez RG7421WH

Amps
Marshall MS-2 microamp (a POS)
B-52 LG-100a head (Not bad)

Pedals
Digitech Grunge distortion