Never heard of them. I tried digging up some reviews but the only review on them I could find was some guy who said they were headphones :p

Give them a shot, if you don't like it, MF's return policy is pretty good.
Derpy Derp Derp Herp Derp
Quote by suppositron
I personally wouldn't buy monitors that small. Save up and get bigger ones.

But they are 8 inches. A lot of people get 5 or 6 inch monitors (especially with the krk rokits). So how are these small at all?
Oh, I'm sorry. I didn't see that. I just assumed they were the smaller kind. Do they carry those at GC? You could go try them out in their monitor room.
Quote by 4seampowerchord
But they are 8 inches. A lot of people get 5 or 6 inch monitors (especially with the krk rokits). So how are these small at all?

Dunno, maybe he means that cheap?

Either way, never heard of the brand outside one other thread on here where someone said as you have (might have been this one and it got bumped now, can't remember) so I don't expect much from them and tbh if something looks like a carbon-copy of something else, but is cheaper and alleged as 'the same as ____', they are usually pretty piss-poor and aimed at people who buy with their eyes rather than their ears.

I can verify that the back panel of those speakers is actually almost inch-perfect to my KRK's, albeit different logos... down to the two trim controls and layout of the inputs and power switch and fuse access!
Hey, look. Sigs are back.
Quote by suppositron
Oh, I'm sorry. I didn't see that. I just assumed they were the smaller kind. Do they carry those at GC? You could go try them out in their monitor room.

They sell them online. Im not sure if they have them at the stores by me, but that's easy to look into. There's some reviews on youtube all saying good things. Im going to college in august and would also use monitors as my" stereo" in my dorm so I want something nice but krk rp 8 g2s are 500..which is a lot :/
Quote by DisarmGoliath
Dunno, maybe he means that cheap?

Either way, never heard of the brand outside one other thread on here where someone said as you have (might have been this one and it got bumped now, can't remember) so I don't expect much from them and tbh if something looks like a carbon-copy of something else, but is cheaper and alleged as 'the same as ____', they are usually pretty piss-poor and aimed at people who buy with their eyes rather than their ears.

I can verify that the back panel of those speakers is actually almost inch-perfect to my KRK's, albeit different logos... down to the two trim controls and layout of the inputs and power switch and fuse access!

Exactly. That kinda scares me but I have yet to see bad reviews so im just not really sure at this point.

But that is interesting that the back panels are so similar.
I Wouldn't buy them.

For that price you better off getting Alesis monitor ones mk2's theres actually seriously good for the price is you place them right.

Or

Yamaha HS50's although they dont have a large amount of bottom end, there are really flat monitors.

I dont personally like KRK's although there mids are very tight to mix on.

Another choice could be fostex monitors although the higher end models are so much better than the cheaper models

If you was going to save up for the KRK rp8 pair id also recommend Mackie MR8 monitors they sound great and are good to mix on.
Last edited by smokeysteve22 at Mar 26, 2011,
Quote by 4seampowerchord
Exactly. That kinda scares me but I have yet to see bad reviews so im just not really sure at this point.

But that is interesting that the back panels are so similar.

The problem is with stuff this cheap, that it's hard to tell if anyone reviewing the product actually knows anything about loudspeaker design... I mean, many more professional recording enthusiasts are only likely to review higher-end/higher-priced gear so seemingly-great reviews might be coming purely from people who think stereo means a posh CD player and phantom power is a haunted plug socket!
Hey, look. Sigs are back.
I don't think I'd ever buy monitors without hearing them. Unless they were REALLY high end. Even then I would still want to compare.
Quote by smokeysteve22
I Wouldn't buy them.

For that price you better off getting Alesis monitor ones mk2's theres actually seriously good for the price is you place them right.

Or

Yamaha HS50's although they dont have a large amount of bottom end, there are really flat monitors.

I dont personally like KRK's although there mids are very tight to mix on.

Another choice could be fostex monitors although the higher end models are so much better than the cheaper models

If you was going to save up for the KRK rp8 pair id also recommend Mackie MR8 monitors they sound great and are good to mix on.

Thanks for the advice! Ill look into those! although I haven't heard perfect reviews about the mr8 from some people
Quote by DisarmGoliath
The problem is with stuff this cheap, that it's hard to tell if anyone reviewing the product actually knows anything about loudspeaker design... I mean, many more professional recording enthusiasts are only likely to review higher-end/higher-priced gear so seemingly-great reviews might be coming purely from people who think stereo means a posh CD player and phantom power is a haunted plug socket!

Hahaha very true.
Quote by suppositron
I don't think I'd ever buy monitors without hearing them. Unless they were REALLY high end. Even then I would still want to compare.

Makes sense, the thing is that iv never had monitors. So whatever monitors I listen to I would be all "these sound great" because iv only mixed on computer speakers. So I don't think my ears are trustworthy when it comes to monitors
Quote by 4seampowerchord
Makes sense, the thing is that iv never had monitors. So whatever monitors I listen to I would be all "these sound great" because iv only mixed on computer speakers. So I don't think my ears are trustworthy when it comes to monitors

I can see that. If your ears were more trained you would be able to hear the different characteristics of the monitors in a shoot out. They might be a good set to learn on.
Quote by suppositron
I can see that. If your ears were more trained you would be able to hear the different characteristics of the monitors in a shoot out. They might be a good set to learn on.

Yea exactly. Would I be better off with the krk rp 5's? Obviously rp 8s and rp 6's are bigger. But are the bigger models really that much better to mix on than rp 5s?
Quote by smokeysteve22

The MR8s are terrible, nowhere near as clear as the KRKs

Quote by DisarmGoliath
The problem is with stuff this cheap, that it's hard to tell if anyone reviewing the product actually knows anything about loudspeaker design...

Exactly. Which is the reason why we get stuff like "Oh, the MXL 990s are the best mic ever!" when its the only mic they've ever used (not pointing anyone out, just saying something in general). The only review I could find on it was on youtube and the guy gave it a 10/10 before even going into his review then called them studio headphones. I shut the video off right after that since I knew anything he said after that wouldn't make any sense.

Like I said, Musicians Friend has a good return policy. Order them, try em out, if they aren't what you're looking for, return them.
Derpy Derp Derp Herp Derp
I use them. They take a little getting used to, but once you learn them, they work well and I can get mixes to translate nicely.
I could maybe wait for a big guitar center sale and buy rp6 g2s instead of 8 inch monitors. Are the rp8s that much better than the 6's?
I seem to recall only shooting out the higher VXT series and the 8's were better than the 6's.
Quote by suppositron
I seem to recall only shooting out the higher VXT series and the 8's were better than the 6's.

What do u keen by "only shooting out"? And is the difference between the 8's and 6's that noticeable?
I mean I went into the monitoring room at my local GC with about six cds and spent some time switching back and forth between monitors. Yes, there was a noticeable difference between the 8 and 6 inch models.
Quote by lockwolf
The MR8s are terrible, nowhere near as clear as the KRKs

I didnt compare the MR8's to the KRK's so thats your opinion, i just stated its another choice.
Quote by 4seampowerchord
Thanks for the advice! Ill look into those! although I haven't heard perfect reviews about the mr8 from some people

Course you're get so many mixed reviews about monitors, you need to hear them and decide which you hear most appealing and working for you.
Quote by smokeysteve22
Course you're get so many mixed reviews about monitors, you need to hear them and decide which you hear most appealing and working for you.

Like i said though, I've never had monitors. So anything better than computer speakers will sound good to me at the moment. So i'm kinda leaning on reviews from the genereal public
Tannoy Reveal 501a
USA Jackson RR1, Carvin Custom 7 String, Peavey 6505+, Krank Krankenstein Cabinet, Carvin Power Conditioner, Line 6 G 90 Wireless, BBE Sonic Maximizer, Full tone OCD Overdrive, ISP Decimator, Boss TU 2 Tuner