Poll: Will you participate and turn your lights off between 20:30-21:30 your local time?
Poll Options
View poll results: Will you participate and turn your lights off between 20:30-21:30 your local time?
Yes.
78 38%
No.
129 62%
Voters: 207.
Page 1 of 2
Earth Hour is a global event organized by WWF (World Wide Fund for Nature, also known as World Wildlife Fund) and is held on the last Saturday of March annually, asking households and businesses to turn off their non-essential lights and other electrical appliances for one hour to raise awareness towards the need to take action on climate change. Earth Hour was conceived by WWF and The Sydney Morning Herald in 2007, when 2.2 million residents of Sydney participated by turning off all non-essential lights.[1] Following Sydney's lead, many other cities around the world adopted the event in 2008.[2][3] Earth Hour 2011 will take place on March 26, 2011 from 8:30 p.m. to 9:30 p.m., at participants' respective local time.

http://www.earthhour.org/Homepage.aspx

It's today between 20:30-21:30 at your local time. Will you do this? Why/why not?

Predicting 25% will vote no.
████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
Last edited by Kensai at Mar 26, 2011,
I rarely turn on my lights anyways. My dorm room is so small the light from my computer screen lights it up more than enough.
Not sure... I kinda like living in the 21st century.

Quote by Spoonman69
Rap is music,far better than metal for example. id much rather hear about hoes and anal sex than dragons and supressed homosexuality.
In sweden most non-essential things shut down, which is pretty cool, the city gets really dark when all the buildings that are normally lit up go dark.
This is the first I've heard of it for this year.
Thats one reason why I won't do it.
The other includes that I'm yet to be convinced by the arguments for anthropogenic climate change.
*flameshield engaged*
So come on in
it ain't no sin
take off your skin
and dance around in your bones

no. because one hour is going to do jack all. for things to really change the daily habits of everybody will have to. 'earth hour' is just a feel good event.
I didn't know that turning off the lights automatically shuts down all the oil rigs, coal power plants and cars on the entire planet.
Finished just under an hour ago.

Just sat around playing minecraft on my laptop

backlight keyboard FTW.
This water's dark and coldGod's not where you hopedThis moment come and goneIt's time we all moved on
Quote by T.s.e
I didn't know that turning off the lights automatically shuts down all the oil rigs, coal power plants and cars on the entire planet.

Less demand => less production
ERROR 0x45: Signature not found
I hardly ever turn my lights on at night anyway because there's usually a computer or TV screen emiting enough light. But if I was really trying to save energy then they should be off too:p
Spin round carousel
When your horse isn't screwed in

I II III VI:1 VI:2
Quote by T.s.e

It's a symbolic thing and not a one-time effort to reduce the planets electricity consumption.
I usually have my lights off around that time anyway.
Quote by wizards?
I want to buy a 7 string guitar, and tune it to Cabbage.

That was on topic, I swear.
Last edited by Chromex at Mar 26, 2011,
It's already happened here, I did it. My family ate icecream in the dark and made our cat chase the torch light.
Oh wow I just realized it's 8:34 pm here, thanks for reminding me

I guess I'm participating then, if the computer doesn't count as a source of light.
cat
I'll be attending a party, so if the lights suddenly turn off complete chaos will ensue
kthxbai.
I will turn off all lights/electronic equipment that I don't need on, but I still want to play on my xbox/pc.
Oh, DAMMIT. I was going to participate, only to realize that it ended half an hour ago, I'm a bad person.
R.I.P. Ronnie James Dio. Supplied amazing music to both me and my mother.

He will be missed.
I didn't participate this year 'cos I was working, and work does not care for such things.

In saying that last year we had anti Earth hour, and proceeded to turn on everything in the house for one hour

Quote by DeadlyIllness

[that guy again] gets the drum Solo and Title King of the UG.

*Drum Solo*

Steam: yintonyinton
PSN: yintonyinton
Quote by that guy again

In saying that last year we had anti Earth hour, and proceeded to turn on everything in the house for one hour

The revenge I'm planning against you will be twice as bad now that you said that
cat
Too late.
Quote by Athabasca
My ex did the same. Cheated on me and then acted like I'd given her sister a facial. Women are retarded.
So I had a look outside during Earth Hour down the street and its fairly safe to say that no one on my street paid attention to it.
So come on in
it ain't no sin
take off your skin
and dance around in your bones

The only WWF I would support is this WWF

#25 for top 100 UGer of 2009
UG's 2nd Funniest UGer and 3rd most likely to be a Serial Killer of 2009, 2nd of 2011
God dammit, those bastards stole the real WWF name. What does WWE even mean?

Feed my eyes, can you sew them shut?
Jesus christ, deny your maker
He who tries, will be wasted
Feed my eyes now youve sewn them shut
No, I won't be at home.
R.I.P. My Signature. Lost to us in the great Signature Massacre of 2014.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.
No. I'll be running sound at a musical, during that time. If we turn off the power, we're ****ed.
Quote by IRISH_PUNK13
The grandmother is having a baby with her grandson, so the grandson will be his own fathers father, the baby will be his own grandfather, and grandson, and the grandmother will be the mother, and great grandmother?

Quote by TheBurningFish
ಠ_ಠ
I'll do this anyway, I rarely have any of my lights on. But I can't figure out why I can touch type perfectly well, without ever looking at the keyboard, and yet if I turn the lights off I can't do it?

I know I don't look at the keyboard when it's light because sometime last week I was typing something for around an hour before I looked at the keyboard to find a special key and realised I had cut my hand and it had bled and dried up.
Quote by Moggan13

FUCK YEAH GHERKIN PALS!!

Yeah, I use a Squier Strat.
Lol I'm going to make sure I burn as much electricity + oil as possible. I hate all of the global warming shit.
Quote by IdkWhatImDoing
Lol I'm going to make sure I burn as much electricity + oil as possible. I hate all of the global warming shit.

http://cei.org/hah2011

Imma do this tonight.
Quote by jimmyled

FEAR THE WRATH OF THE GODLY SQUID, FEAR IT!!!

...Wait, don't most people have a fair portion of their stuff off at that point in the day?

Granted most people are still up and doing stuff, but couldn't a more challenging date have been chosen like 15:30/18:30?
THE FORUM UPDATE KILLED THE GRADIENT STAR

Baltimore Orioles: 2014 AL Eastern Division Champions, 2017: 73-78
Baltimore Ravens: 2012 World Champions, 2017: 2-0
2017 NFL Pick 'Em: 24-7
Yes. I won't even be home at that time so it'll be easier
ಥ_ಥ ಠ_ಠ ಠ_ೃ ·ಏ· ಢ_ಢ

E-Married to the sexy DarkConcertine

and Jon777 .

Page 1 of 2