Well Its an Explorer and its a ukulele and its electric.

Specs:

Neck:
Wood: Mahogany
Fret Board: Maple
Inlays: Mahogany dust and super glue.
Headstock: Explorer shape 4 a side tuners.

Body:
Wood: Maple
Bridge: Fender tremolo
Carve/ Contours: Just rounded over edge.
Pickup Rings: Black

Electronics:
Pickup configuration: H
Bridge: Unknown Humbucker
Input jack and volume pot.

I don’t have much pictures of the progress up in till now but this is what I've got.

Neck before inlays and tuning peg holes drilled.

You can also see the neck template In that picture.

After Inlays and tuning holes drilled.

One of the body with the hole for the bridge routed.

The hole only just fits the bridge in so it's like a hard tail bridge and there’s not tremolo.

The back with the neck attached

The neck is attached with four screw recessed into the body with no neck plate because I couldn’t be bothered making one to fit.
And then one with the bridge in place.

I have also routed for the pickup but haven’t got a picture of that yet. Hopefully I start taking more pictures of the progress. I may not up date this to often because my other build is more important but it will be done eventually.
Did you out a 6 string bridge on there?
Quote by Pilots
Discrepancy: While at 110 KIAS and 35 deg AOB with full right pedal, trims would not keep helicopter in correct Outer roll loop.

Corrective action:
Could not duplicate on ground. 11A799. NPPC
[quote="'played[out"]']Did you out a 6 string bridge on there?

yea that bridge looks far too wide

Ibanez S670FM
Ibanez Masa SX60
Roland Cube 60
CryBaby GCB 95
Ibanez GSR180 Bass

♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫
Yeah it's a guitar bridge that I'm just gana put 4 strings through. I didn’t want to spent to much on this and I had that bridge lying around. The pick ups a guitar pickup as well. It might look funny when its done but oh well.
Awww very cute
EH

"Show me war; show me pestilence; show me the blood-red hands of retribution..."
I decided the neck inlays were to boarding so I made them glow in the dark.

I made the inlays which are 6.5mm and a little to thin but because the neck doesn’t need to be radiused this didn’t matter. I'd say they would be thick enough even if it did need radiusing there just thinner then normal inlays.

That’s them just been glued in.

And that’s them now. Also the necks been painted white, I need to redo it properly that was just to see if I liked it white. I did so its going to be an all white explorer.

I also might put frets on just to make it look better but that’s depending on how far I get through this with my other build as well and wether I can be bother.
Safety Bonus on the no shoes + tools, but looks like it will be a sweet uke when you are done. Should post some audio of it when ready.
Quote by swilcox26
Safety Bonus on the no shoes + tools, but looks like it will be a sweet uke when you are done. Should post some audio of it when ready.

Yeah you're the second person to comment on me not wearing any shoe's. My school wood work teacher would have an absolute nut at me if he saw. But I really don’t see what I'm going to drop on my feet, at school there’s a whole lot of dumb asses to watch out for but here its only me. Saying that I'm probably going to go drop something on my foot now . Hopefully I can get some audio clips of it when I'm done. I'll get my sister to play if I do because its for her and the only chord I know is c which I apparently play wrong.
I got my lovely left handed tuners (read my guitar build thread if you want to know why there not right handed) and my lovely bent fret wire because cardboard isn’t good enough packaging for posting (hint hint).

Well I fretted the neck so its no longer fretless.

And put the tuners on

Then strung it up to check fret buzz and to put the string trees on.

Two high frets that needed taking care of. Not to bad for my first fretting and with the use of no proper tools I think.

And some pictures of it strung up.

All it needs now is the pickup ring, the plastic covers, a hole drilled and paint and I think Its done.
Quote by da_
All it needs now is the pickup ring, the plastic covers, a hole drilled and paint and I think Its done.

paint?!?!?! such nice looking wood. shame to hide it.
Quote by RebuildIt

I would say staining > painting....
Quote by RebuildIt

It looks nice in the pictures but it has join marks and fixes from tear out. I was wondering the other day myself why I was painting it and not staining it till I remeberd that.
What strings and tuning are you using? I have a really cheap Uke that I want to electrify.
Its tuned to C so thats G,C,E,A. G being the top string when you are playing ( as aposed to the botoom string on a guitar or what ever). I havent desided on what gauge strings yet I'm just using some that I had lying around while I'm building it but they are .11 (G), .38 (C), .48 (E), .18(A) I think.
Long time no post. I haven't had a lot to post and now I have too much to post. Well its nearly done. I have the paint done, the wiring done and now just need to put it all together.

I re-painted the neck properly.

I got the recessed part of the electronics cavity for the cover done as well. I made a template out of MDF.

Then routed

Made the cover for the control cavity and to cover the back of the bridge route. This has to be taken off to change strings because I didn't drill holes like there would be on a strat or something similar.

A real crappy picture of them before the holes were drilled in them.

And some pics of them in place before screws.

And with screws.
And white paint finished.

All wired up. Terrible pictures but anyway. Its one humbucker one pot wiring so its pretty simple.

Oh and if anyone can suggested me ways to make my threads more interesting that would be cool. At the moment it just seems to be picture after picture, and as much as we all love pictures that must get a bit boring, mustn’t it?
i quite like picture after picture
iono, you could make a thread where we get to choose everything from colour to shape to wiring etc. like, give us 3 options you can do, and we pick one
Quote by guitar-tin
make challeges and winner will get this uke.

Haha this ones gana be for my sisters birthday.

Quote by Doonan
i quite like picture after picture
iono, you could make a thread where we get to choose everything from colour to shape to wiring etc. like, give us 3 options you can do, and we pick one

These two comments gave me an idea. Maybe a thread were you guys choose what I build and have a poll for each different thing then I build it and raffle it off to you guys. I don’t know if this is agents rules. If I decide to do this with another build I will look into it but I have seen people on other forums raffle off guitars they have built. If I do it though I might have to do it on a few other forums as well so there will be enough raffle tickets sold to cover the costs. This way you guys have the chance to win a cheap guitar and I get to build and get my name out there as a builder J win win.
Well its FINISHED!! I got it all done last night. I might give the neck an oil and check the wiring but apart from that its done.

Hot off the press with masking tape still on protecting it.

And with the tape off .

Continued:

Hopefully I will have a sound clip up in the next few days after I give it to my sister and get her to record something and also maybe some better quality pictures of it finished.

And for all the Metallica fans .

Maybe this guy should get one
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b4V1WQ6Nisg