I've been wearing glasses for about 12+ years now and i want to change to contact lenses. I've tried to put them in a few times at the local opticians but i have an extra gittery (can't think of term) eye so it's really hard to put them in without blinking.

The optician recommended that i practise at home with some coloured lenses you can buy off the internet as i'm not allowed to take the others home and i'm using too much of their time.

Does anyone have any recommendations where i can buy these from a reliable source?

Thanks for any help!
It differs from country to country. I remember the problems we had trying to get contact lenses while in the US. Here in Germany you just buy them at a drug store. But honestly, just call your local optometrist and ask them. If you just need to practice they can be cheap, so just buy some.
[img]http://img300.imageshack.us/img300/3760/356h356h365pc1.png[/img]
Die Ruhe vor dem Sturm.
Last edited by HuckIt at Mar 26, 2011,
the very first time i tried to put my contacts in on my own it took me over 45 minutes to put in just one.

the very, very first time at the optometrists, i couldnt even put them in at all.

now I can put both of them in in under a minute on most days.

i didnt believe it when they said it but it really does just take practice practice practice
Quote by -Collapse-
Oh, hello mister tracer! Lets dance!
Quote by CodySG
And we all poop in the sandwiches!

New Drug Chat, Eh? CLICK HERE

pass: misterhoffman
Just lock your eyelits with one hand and put the lenses in with your other hand. It's kinda hard to do first but practice makes perfect.
Gear:
----------------------
Jack and Danny Brothers Ls-5
Ibanez Gsa 60
----------------------
Zoom g9.2tt (for sale (NL))
----------------------
Blackheart Little Giant
Quote by poopsmith666
the very first time i tried to put my contacts in on my own it took me over 45 minutes to put in just one.

the very, very first time at the optometrists, i couldnt even put them in at all.

i didnt believe it when they said it but it really does just take practice practice practice

This. Putting something in your eye is a really unnatural thing to do. It takes a while to get over the weirdness of it all.
"Music snobbery is the worst kind of snobbery. 'Oh, you like those noises? Those sounds in your ear? Do you like them? They're the wrong sounds. You should like these sounds in your ear.'"
- Dara O'Briain
Like every one has said TS it just takes practice, I was wearing glasses for a long time then I changed to contact lenses, But then I had corrective laser surgery about 2 years ago so I dont have to worry about that any more.
Thor! Odin's son Protector of mankind Ride to meet your fate Your destiny awaits Thor! Hlödyn's son Protector of mankind Ride to meet your fate Ragnarök awaits

E-ARCH NEMESIS of girlgerms007
it took me 3 years to actually get them in for the first time, now i use them eeveryday and it only takes me about a minute to put them in/take them out

trust me, if i did it, so can you
My Gear:
BC Rich Gunslinger Retro Blade
Vintage V100 Paradise + SD Alnico Pro Slash APH-2's
1963 Burns Short Scale Jazz Guitar
Dean Performer Florentine
Bugera 6260
Orange Micro Terror + cab
Digitech Bad Monkey
Zoom G2G
I've been using contacts for a good 3 years or so. Not every day, but regularly. In the beginning it also took me like 10 minutes to get them in. First time didn't work at all and it's uncomfortable. Now it only takes a few seconds, even without a mirror.
[img]http://img300.imageshack.us/img300/3760/356h356h365pc1.png[/img]
Die Ruhe vor dem Sturm.
why not just man up and wear glasses?
THE SOLE PURPOSE OF THIS SIG IS TO GRAB YOUR ATTENTION TO THIS POST OF UTTER GENIUS
Quote by poopsmith666

This. I think I missed my school bus every day for 2 weeks because it took so long to put them in and I'd always mix the right and left up and poke myself in the eye and stuff. But now I can put them in while walking around, so it just takes time to get used to it.

Just take your time while putting them in and don't worry if your eyes get too dry, just use more solution or something.
cat
Not really answering your question but it might help; when I first wore contacts the reason I wasn't putting them in easily was that I just wasn't opening my eye enough and it was getting caught on my eyelid, which stops it going in. I dunno if it's happening to you, but just check.

After a week or two, you'll be able to put them in fine anyway, to the point where you don't need a mirror too.
Cam Sampbell's my hero
At first they're practically impossible to put in but after a while you can practically throw them in to your eyes in a few seconds. Sometimes they itch a bit but not much.
Quote by the_white_bunny
your just a simpleton that cant understand strategy apparently.

Quote by the_white_bunny
all hail king of the penis sucking(i said balls. you said dick for some reason?) Isabiggles
I know how to put them in and know it takes practise which is why i wanna get some coloured lenses to practise at home instead of using so much time at the opticians. What i'm asking is has anyone bought coloured lenses before and can they recommend me a website?
Quote by Afroboy267
I know how to put them in and know it takes practise which is why i wanna get some coloured lenses to practise at home instead of using so much time at the opticians. What i'm asking is has anyone bought coloured lenses before and can they recommend me a website?

ah.

can't say i have, bumping the thread in case someone has though
Quote by -Collapse-
Oh, hello mister tracer! Lets dance!
Quote by CodySG
And we all poop in the sandwiches!

New Drug Chat, Eh? CLICK HERE

pass: misterhoffman
Contacts take a while to get used to dude. I got mine when I was about 11 or 12, and I had to go back to the eye doctor about 4 times before I could get them in and out easily. Just be patient and it will work.
Quote by Robchappers
Ha ha love you to dude ;-)

Quote by fearofthemark
10/10 Slater is amazing

Fender Deluxe Roadhouse Strat
Ibanez RG4EXFM1
Washburn D46S
Dunlop Original Crybaby Wah
Fulltone OCD Overdrive
Boss SD-1 Overdrive
MXR M-148 Micro Chorus
Jet City JCA2112RC 20W
you have to hold your eyelids open with your fingers. It used to take me like 20 minutes per eye when I first got them, a few months but now i can do it in under 3 mins

I also have senstive eyes so I know where your coming from

Jay Turser: JT-134DC
Epiphone: G-400
Gibson: SG Special Faded Cherry

Line 6: Spider III 15-watt
Marshall Haze 40

DOD FX65 Chorus
Danelectro Fish & Chips EQ
EH4800 Small Stone Phase Shifter
Dunlop CryBaby Wah
Deltalab Tube Overdrive TO1
Last edited by smmSTV at Mar 26, 2011,
Put one lens on your right index, open your upper eyelid using your left fingers, open your bottom eyelid with your right middle finger. Look straight ahead and slowly move the lens onto your eye until it 'pops' onto your eye, pain-free.

Takes me 4 or 5 seconds now after four years of doing it.
I wear glasses. I've never been able to get over the concept of putting something in my eye.

Although the day they invent HUD contacts, I'm first in line
I can't recommend you any website TS because I just get mine from the optician but lenses rule once you get used to them, so once you get them just keep on practicing.

Quote by Seref
I wear glasses. I've never been able to get over the concept of putting something in my eye.

Although the day they invent HUD contacts, I'm first in line

I'll be buying an upgrade definately!
Stand up and cheer if you like SimCity

Play Up Pompey, Pompey Play Up
THE WiLDHEARTS

Quote by goest
I'm going to take this opportunity to initiate my campaign to replace the phrase "Taking a shit" with "Busting a grumpy."
When i was learning, the hardest part for me was just getting over that reflex of wanting to blink as my finger approached my eye. So I just practiced at home holding my eye open and trying to touch my eye with my finger [no lenses]. Once your eye gets used to your finger coming at it, then its not that much more difficult to put the contacts in.
[]