I Picked up a LTD mh400 last weekend.

What I have it set up in is C tuning, it has a floyd rose and I'm using dean markley 10-52 strings.

the Saddle on the low C (fat string) needs to move back more but physically cant its as far back as the bridge allows it to go. All the others are good its just the low C that could be moved back more.

Do I have some sort of setup problem, or is this just a flaw of the guitar?
the bridge sits good and level. Im all out of ideas..
i've got the same problem when i last changed my strings. my guitar is in D standard tuning and i need to move the saddle for the C string (4th one) towards the neck, but i physically can't.i've been with it to a luthier in my town and he told me that the strings are the problem. now i will change the strings on monday, go to the luthier and fix it.

maybe that's your problem too, the strings.try to change them.
Change the string and stretch it. Then move the string back to it’s ideal position—scale length + string gauge—and then intonate.
Quote by jpnyc
Change the string and stretch it. Then move the string back to it’s ideal position—scale length + string gauge—and then intonate.

Can I use the same kind of strings? I have an extra pack of 10 52s.

I dont really wanna set up the FR again either GRRR
Quote by voleurz
Can I use the same kind of strings? I have an extra pack of 10 52s.

I dont really wanna set up the FR again either GRRR

The string gauge isn't a problem. Do what the poster recommended. A lot of times you get a guitar and the saddles are so screwed up you can't just go from there. I just got an SG and the kid who owned it before me clearly had no idea how to set up a guitar. Action was high, intonation was off, strings were touching the back end of the bridge cuz the tailpiece was too low.
Actually guys, string gauge is too an important factor in intonation. Unless TS your playing through a baritone guitar those strings will be too thin for C standard tuning. Basically, to tune down low, you must either have a guitar with a longer neck scale or use thicker strings to compensate for tension. Poor tension leads to poor intonation.

Something like this will suit you better,

http://www.guitarcenter.com/Ernie-Ball-2206-Nickel-Wound-Medium-Light-Slinky-Electric-Guitar-Strings-100617-i1122274.gc
Quote by Kortez3000
Actually guys, string gauge is too an important factor in intonation. Unless TS your playing through a baritone guitar those strings will be too thin for C standard tuning. Basically, to tune down low, you must either have a guitar with a longer neck scale or use thicker strings to compensate for tension. Poor tension leads to poor intonation.

Something like this will suit you better,

http://www.guitarcenter.com/Ernie-Ball-2206-Nickel-Wound-Medium-Light-Slinky-Electric-Guitar-Strings-100617-i1122274.gc

Cool, Good to know.
Ill exchange them then.