I play alot of jimi hendrix, john fusantie, red hot chilli peppers, weezer, orianthi and biffy clyro and some funk?

I have £650 to spend on a guitar. i will go used!

i HAD a stratocaster which i regret getting rid of?

i like the stratocaster shape and i like thick necks?

please help, a stratocaster i should be looking at but i dont know what model/series?
build a strat style guitar, that's what i did. I bought a alder body and maple neck for 35 USDA at my local store and put 250USDA into it and now i have a sick HSH double locking mutant of my own. The single coil gets that fender sound when i set it to split the hum and single and i can hit a humbucker and get that fat distortion. in my band i play soul to squeeze roll finish it up on the volume and get my grit for some riffs i worte.

TL'DR build a fender to your specs
Ibanez sz720fm,Ibbly RG350DX, Custom Tele-> Dunlop 535Q->RAT Pro co II-> Ibanez Fuzz->Marshall Haze 40.
Tascam US-800 and a hand full of Mics into Nedundo 4

my music, new recording on the way in 2014

[B]insert witty italicized quote here
Strats are good for all of those bands/styles, but you're going to want one with a bridge humbucker for sure, OR, if you like thick necks, a telecaster with double humbuckers. I'm not sure of the price range, I'm awful at converting from U.S. dollars, but humbuckers are a necessity, which can be tricky when shopping for a strat. On a side note, an epiphone semihollow would work beautifully as well.
Quote by Capt_Clarkson
Fender Blacktop Strat!

i tried one..........it was not what am looking for!
Quote by jwax
build a strat style guitar, that's what i did. I bought a alder body and maple neck for 35 USDA at my local store and put 250USDA into it and now i have a sick HSH double locking mutant of my own. The single coil gets that fender sound when i set it to split the hum and single and i can hit a humbucker and get that fat distortion. in my band i play soul to squeeze roll finish it up on the volume and get my grit for some riffs i worte.

TL'DR build a fender to your specs

am sorry i know nothing on buliding stratocaster even if i did, i would not trust myself, i trust people know what there doing in buliding a guitar for there work not a project in my room will end up getting abandond
Quote by Boonnoo666
Another factor that has grown this myth is a bunch of opinionated guys who really don't know what they're talking about, which to be brutally honest is a bunch of you guys on here.
Quote by Strat007

my local store dont have those in stock, i would play before i buy not just buy and hope i like it